Sign in to follow this  
ebanks129

Wardak_WIP

As Isla Duala proved, You can have A1 buildings and vegs without forcing ppl to download most of the CAA1 packet.

Pls make it a smaller download.

As Isla Duala proved, You can have A1 buildings and vegs without forcing ppl to download most of the CAA1 packet.

:yeahthat:

Pretty Pleeeeaaaasssseee with sugar and a cherry on top? :pray: :)

Very nice map, can't wait it to be finished! Big map (need more of these) and very interesting area and landscape. What I was waiting for to make a planned campaing so can use it in conjunction with Razani.

In some of the screenshots I've seen 'desert' textures but I'm getting greenish 'Chernogorsk' like textures, is a newer version not uploaded? I didn't download 'Requiered_PBO' so maybe is that, but I tried and didn't receive any error message (have full CAA1 allready though). Do I need to download it (because the other file included razmisc.pbo allready)? I've razani so could I delete razmisc.pbo if are files from that map?

In any case, great stuff and hoping for a more complete version soon, didn't have any performance issues with my standard settings (high visibility too).

And how would I go about that!? I'd have to wait until I get back into town. By any chance are you talking about the CAA1 Objects standalone thing!?

KNAC- no the required pbos are basically the OPX.pbo's if you don't have them already.

Right, ive tested the map, it looks fantastic, massive, and looks like a good chance to use brit vs terrorist mods. awesome looking mission map.

However i cant seem to render all the buildings.

What do i do with the files in the MLOD folder, the p3d files?

Apparently when i open the map, it cant find them

I have all the Required PBO's out of their original folders and all seperate files in x/caa1/addons folder, the razmisc file or whatever from the map is also in x/caa1/addons folder... basically everything downloaded is in that folder, but not in subfolders inside that... the map is in my maps addon folder, and works ok...

So what am i doing wrong? the p3d files i have tried to put inside the x/caa1/addons folder, outside their Mlod subfolder and inside, to no avail...

:(

---------- Post added at 04:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:17 PM ----------

nevermind i fixed it, i just made it a mod folder instead and added to command line all the files

---------- Post added at 04:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:57 PM ----------

Also, i tried the taliban skins vs americans and apache, it was a hard fight for two squads, a stryker.... apache came to save the day... i cant wait till someone creates an afghan style mission, clearing compounds etc... its an amazing map so far, i take it ebanks made a load of models randomly at two places where he'd been copying and pasting them hehe..

Nice work mate, and thanks for the test, i can now enjoy the editor blowing taliban up and pretending to go on ops that last for hours on end :D

Right, ive tested the map, it looks fantastic, massive, and looks like a good chance to use brit vs terrorist mods. awesome looking mission map.

However i cant seem to render all the buildings.

What do i do with the files in the MLOD folder, the p3d files?

Apparently when i open the map, it cant find them

I have all the Required PBO's out of their original folders and all seperate files in x/caa1/addons folder, the razmisc file or whatever from the map is also in x/caa1/addons folder... basically everything downloaded is in that folder, but not in subfolders inside that... the map is in my maps addon folder, and works ok...

So what am i doing wrong? the p3d files i have tried to put inside the x/caa1/addons folder, outside their Mlod subfolder and inside, to no avail...

:(

---------- Post added at 04:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:17 PM ----------

nevermind i fixed it, i just made it a mod folder instead and added to command line all the files

---------- Post added at 04:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:57 PM ----------

Also, i tried the taliban skins vs americans and apache, it was a hard fight for two squads, a stryker.... apache came to save the day... i cant wait till someone creates an afghan style mission, clearing compounds etc... its an amazing map so far, i take it ebanks made a load of models randomly at two places where he'd been copying and pasting them hehe..

Nice work mate, and thanks for the test, i can now enjoy the editor blowing taliban up and pretending to go on ops that last for hours on end :D

Hehe..shhh on the copy and paste! jk. but how does it run?? and i'm glad you got it figured out to run it. Hopefully this week I can get back on it. Been a busy busy last few weeks. But as long as its running smoothly for everyone I'll continue the work on the map

after vigorous testing, including the use of 144 squads per side, and long distance fighting, i can say that this map runs just as smoothly, if not better than Chernarus tbh.

I finally found a map thats both awesome, based on real afghan warfare zones, and pretty much what i wanted from arma2

Also, there are just a couple glitches in the walls of a couple compounds approximately halfway though the 'green' zones you created, its not a mega problem, i just think you have two walls on top of each other as it were, and so makes a slight glitch so i can see through it. I couldnt quite remember which pair of walls, but i will try find them again

Keep working hard mate, and dont worry, i have two university assignments in the next couple weeks, plus work, plus police training, we all juggle busy lives too, and its understandable.

Lightningpete

Right here are some teething problem after extensive testing:

AI units wont move or shoot in the long grass fields/wadis

The entrances to each of the compounds have smaller doors, which AI cant pass, and wont go in.

Some compounds have walls that can be walked through but not shot through, like a wall hack you would get in the arcade games.

Some trees are overlapped

ohh and the rest of the other green zones need finished too!! Along with a Kandahar airfield hehe (in your own time.. i mean lol)

Other than that, a effing cracking map... used the British 4x4's and 6x6's with the apaches overhead makes for an awesome Ross Kemp in Afghan sort of take...

Right here are some teething problem after extensive testing:

AI units wont move or shoot in the long grass fields/wadis

The entrances to each of the compounds have smaller doors, which AI cant pass, and wont go in.

Some compounds have walls that can be walked through but not shot through, like a wall hack you would get in the arcade games.

Some trees are overlapped

ohh and the rest of the other green zones need finished too!! Along with a Kandahar airfield hehe (in your own time.. i mean lol)

Other than that, a effing cracking map... used the British 4x4's and 6x6's with the apaches overhead makes for an awesome Ross Kemp in Afghan sort of take...

Daamn, does it happen to all fields!? For me, idk if it is an AI enhancement i'm using but most AI seem to have no problem going in and out of the wall compounds. Even on their own when in combat.

And trees, I'll probably cut the amount down slightly. so i'll go thru and find those duplicates.

well the main larger entrances to come compounds arent a problem, its the little side doorways on a few that give A.I the problem... they dont want to go through their by choice, rather round the side to the bigger entrance or gap in the compound.

When the AI lie down in the long grass/wadis they seem to unable to return fire unless im within 10m of them...

but most of the time when they get engaged from when they are outside the area they run through the grass no problem to more suitable cover and return fire... Just if they were standing in the grass previously and then engage, they dont.

been wondering about this one's progress, particularly the caa1 dependencies...

Would also like to see this without CAA1 dependency when you get time. :) Looking good.

sorry bro, but a standalone pack, at 830mb isnt gonna happen for our uses here in australia,. we're still on quotas here ya know :) I personally could download it but i speak in the context of using it as a required map in an (australian) online community situation for a large group of people, having to download close on a gig of data will preclude too many of our people from playing the map.. tis a shame but oh well

well if you lot can suggest an alternative to him using CAA1 objects, then please share, because the old arma files are ideal models for desert style maps, which arma2 doesnt have...

If anything, to the australians, why dont you download it, by one person, and host it over ther on your own servers? i know the quota is probably localised, but still, it would give you all better speeds if the download was in the same country no?

I wouldnt have a clue what the alternative is :) although i think someone did mention including the specific textures used in a single download rather than requiring a download of a generic pack that probably includes a lot of textures that arent used on the map.

update i was very happy to take a few screenshots of his new version hope you enjoy the screenshots

Sceenshots of Wardak_Region "WIP"

map by ebanks129

britishparastopingforab.jpg

British troops stoping for a break during a patrol

britishpara2.jpg

britishpara3.jpg

britishpara4.jpg

britpara7.jpg

some screenshots of the map Wardak_Region "WIP"

Edited by Lightninguk

Lookin pritty nice so far

Yup, but then again - will it require CAA1 once again? Plus ebanks, can You please do a version that doesn't require CAA1?

Yup, but then again - will it require CAA1 once again? Plus ebanks, can You please do a version that doesn't require CAA1?

Hey but then again..after last night..CAA1? not anymore :rolleyes:

I think I don't understand, did You just said dreams come true?

I just said. out with the damn plants requiring A1 stuff(Caa1) and in the with performance killing machine vegetation until OA!!! but I did swap in most trees with MikeBarts trees which fit in nicely:)

but seriously. yeah opx plants needs CAA1 as far as im aware..so i took them out. but the opxbuildings..as far as i know..is cool with out depending on caa1..

also i was using summerveg trees. but nah. far to big of an extra download to have added. its like 200mb i think? but if people dont mind using this

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=10093

then i'll use it for more green. it wont need the whole summer vegpack.. still debating