Sign in to follow this  
razorseal

Can't get the mods to appear in arma 2 launcher

Hello everyone

I just downloaded ARMA II from steam... I must say its an awesome 'sim' (Coming from a 11B) However, I can't get the mods to show in the launcher!

I have the 1.49 version...

what I did was, I made folders in Addons and named them whatever the mods are (like VopSound_2.1) and then put all the stuff in there... No matter what I do, they will not show in the addon box...

so I manually put all the stuff in the addon folder (just the files directly) and they work, but not like the way I wanted to with the mod manager in the launcher....

any help?

thanks!

---------- Post added at 08:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:00 PM ----------

ok apparently trick was to put a '@' infront of the folders and just throw them in ARMA II folder, not Addons... now they are in the addon/mod box, but I enabled one (US ARMY) and it didn't work...

any ideas?

Make a folder with @whatever mod and in that folder put a folder labeled addons and put the addon in that.:bounce3: You should most certainly not put them in addons folder. Armaholic has a guide on how to do it, with pictures for dummies like me.

using the @symbol is not the trick fyi, over time more and more mods will probably get installed and it`s used to keep them in 1 overview inside your arma folder

the launcher will find them regardless of the @

read this also : http://www.armaholic.com/plug.php?e=faq&q=18

Depends on the launcher though. I have a launcher at home which only sees folders with an @ in front of it, the other folders are ignored ;)

Dont make folders in ARMA2/Addons as you said. That is a no no. The ARMA2/Addons folder is ARMA2's original files and you should not be in that folder at all. That will give you problems at some point. Try clearing out whatever you stuck in there.

You make folders in the ARMA2 root directory where the ARMA2.EXE file is. And you make them like this:

@MOD/Addons/ (your addon files goes into that last folder called "addons"). So it is YOU who creates the one called "addons", and not to be confused with ARMA2's own "Addons" folder. You create the @MOD folder and inside it you make a new folder called "Addons" in wich you put your files.

You can make 1 modfolder for each addon or be smarter and lump some addons together inside an addon folder. For example lets say you have 5 different "unit" addons plus some "vehicle" addons. These you can either lump together inside 1 modfolder or make 2: @Units/Addons/ and @Vehicles/Addons/ or you can place all units & vehicles inside a @Gear/Addons for example.

You can separate units/vehicles/weapons from effects and islands and gameplay changes like AI behaviour addons. So @Gear/Adddons/ and @Effects/Addons/ and @AI/Addons/ and @Islands/Addons/

Remember that sound mods are added last in a modline, and CBA (Community Base Addons) is loaded first. Like so (example): -mod=@CBA;@AI;@Islands;@Gear;@Effects;@Soundmod -nosplash

It is easy. Just that you should know it is in the ARMA2 root directory (the ARMA2 folder), and not the ARMA2/Addons folder where you create your modfolders. ;)