Sign in to follow this  
Game__On

Installed ACE , can't join ****

I can't join any servers.

Just says 'dependable on downloadable content that has been deleted bla bla" .

I'm very pissed now.

Is arma 2 becoming one of those games that for every other server you need another mod ?

How can i see if this ace mod is activated ?

Tell us what it says when you enter the mission, it should say something like this..

You cannot play / edit this mission. It is dependent on downloadable content that has been deleted : nameofaddon.pbo...

Show us that, and we can help you more. Also, are you running the modfolders correctly?

Yes that's right. It says something different each time though. From your response i'm guessing i'm missing mods ?

christ that was what i was afraid for. For each server i now need at least 2 or 3 mods per server ?

I have played arma 2 for hundreds of hours , then stopped playing for a couple of weeks and now i can't join any servers without spending hours installing fifty million mods.

Also, what is 'running my modfolder' ? Man , i want to play the game not micromanage it ! :(:(

Too many mods needed will not be good for online numbers.

What servers were you trying to join? There are some that just require ACE, and ACEX. Nothing more, some require non (vanilla servers).

What is ACEX ?

Well thanks for your help, but i honestly am not going to spend hours finding out what servers use what mods, trying to install all these mods, have them conflict with eachother just to play the game ...

Too many mods are killing this game online . I know i'm done with it as it stands now.

How on earth will someone that just starts playing be able to join any multiplayer game ?

There are more mods then players lol .

I have played many many hours already and i'm already sick of trying to find a server to play on .

crap. :(

Use Yoma AddonSync. It has a server browser that lets you filter by mod. The in-game browser is very limited.

Another program i must install to play the game ?

Great. I'll give it a shot .

Anyway,

******* MODS ENOUGH IS ENOUGH

Mods are what make this game and there is a reason peope use them. Most mods will require @ACE and @ACEX (@ACE is the core of ACE, and ACEX is the extra units, vehicles etc).

I also suggest you download the Arma 2 Game launcher by SpiritedMachine. Makes mod management 10x easier.

Mods are what make this game and there is a reason peope use them. Most mods will require @ACE and @ACEX (@ACE is the core of ACE, and ACEX is the extra units, vehicles etc).

I also suggest you download the Arma 2 Game launcher by SpiritedMachine. Makes mod management 10x easier.

Agreed. I wouldn't just give up, because trust me. When you get your mods figured out and working. You'll regret what you've been saying in this thread ;).

The easiest and most user friendly way I found to do this was by using Yoma's tool and syncing with the Kelly's Heroes server.

And just because it hasn't been replied to yet: ACEX is the 'eXtras' part of ACE2, with additional weapons, vehicles, units and weapon sounds.

What is ACEX ?

Well thanks for your help, but i honestly am not going to spend hours finding out what servers use what mods, trying to install all these mods, have them conflict with eachother just to play the game ...

Too many mods are killing this game online . I know i'm done with it as it stands now.

How on earth will someone that just starts playing be able to join any multiplayer game ?

There are more mods then players lol .

I have played many many hours already and i'm already sick of trying to find a server to play on .

crap. :(

Don't play then, ArmA 2 aint your average game. It's more than that. It tells you what addons require, so just google it?

Don't play then, ArmA 2 aint your average game. It's more than that. It tells you what addons require, so just google it?

Easy there, Tyger.

We were all new to this at one point, remember that.

As others have said, I would try to update through kellys heroes via the yoma tool, it's really quite easy once you get the hang of it.

http://www.kellys-heroes.eu/updater/ArmA2ACE-Repository/ArmA2ACE-Repo.7z

Stick that into your auto config URL in yoma, and wiggle it around (the link, not the 7z file).

Even easier ->

Install YomaAddonSync

click on default servers next to settings..

Add kellys ace server to favs and do download addons ;)

There are two parts to running addons/mods

1) to actually download the addons/mods

2)Creating a shortcut to start the game up and load the addons.

For ACE Mod, you will need to adfd the following code to the end of your "Target" line in your shortcut

-mod=@cba;@ace;@acex;@acex_pla;@acex_sm

Thats providing you have all the ACE Mod and ACE Mod extras pack

Edited by Terox

can't work mods?

pull the power cord out the back of your machine and go buy a console, you'll never have to worry about mod folders ever again.

simple really

bye, you'll not be missed

Go easy on 'im, Escobar - he might be impatient but a lot of us started out ignorant of the ways of the Masters! If it hadn't been for the help I've had on this forum and from Zeus I would've given up long ago.

It might just be that, once he's followed the tips given here, he'll see the light and never gaze upon a console ever again!

It would seem to make more sense for BI to make the MODS downloadable automatically on any server as players join up. Many other good and quite older games do this, Red Orchestra for example. If RO can do it for any mod, map or sound for the last 4 years it can't be much of a stretch for BI to implement this. It would sure boost player numbers and I have to agree with the original poster, great game, but I have so little time to play I don't want to have to hunt around for different mods to install every few days when I get my few hours to enjoy some gaming time.

getting same issue missing file/deleted z_tracked, oh2_wheeled

version 198

usingm 1.046.o beta sync

Have tried deleting all my addon ACE folders and dloaded again still getting same error.

have .5 patch and has been running for last couple of ACR patch's any thoughts

changed the ace_pla you had to aceX_pla and seems to have worked :) don't think people realising theres an additional addon

Edited by Smee

I have about 500 hours of arma 2 in . That should be enough to be able to play the game decently .

You missed my point completely . My gripe is not about the game.

I just get fed up by getting thrown out of every server because they have some mod running making the clouds fluffier, or the grass an inch longer.

I personally don't find it fun to install 50 mods and have them conflict with eachother.

I want to play the game , not micromanage it .

Anyway, figured out what the problem was. Appearantly you need to make another shortcut and add some crap to the end of it to get the ace mod running .

Glad you got it sorted!

As good as the ACE mod is it does present a lot of problems for the newer folk.

Lets face it noobs are the future of the the gaming series

I have about 500 hours of arma 2 in . That should be enough to be able to play the game decently .

You missed my point completely . My gripe is not about the game.

I just get fed up by getting thrown out of every server because they have some mod running making the clouds fluffier, or the grass an inch longer.

I personally don't find it fun to install 50 mods and have them conflict with eachother.

I want to play the game , not micromanage it .

Anyway, figured out what the problem was. Appearantly you need to make another shortcut and add some crap to the end of it to get the ace mod running .

Completly agree with this. I've been playing a lot myself, on my holidays, my free time or couple free hours in the night. I don't have time to be finding a half dozen a month mod packs to install and setup to be ready to play for all the specialty servers that are appearing out there.

The most important thing that BI needs to add, is an auto-download of mods etc, as they do for missions. If the bunch of you folks on the forums, which probably represent a very small proportion of the Arma2 population, have some members who are in effect suggesting something like this, then the majority of Arma2 players (the 75% or so who are no on any forum, just like in any other game) would appreciate it. The player numbers would increase a lot.

At the moment, with no mods installed and literally another hour and a half to play before I need to logoff, I see exactly 3 servers with PvP going on....2 of which have less than 4 players (I'm not counting Chernarus Life Revolution servers). I don't want to play Coop, as I'm at all into spending time fighting against a computer program, and I seriously can't be bothered to spend the next half hour it would take or more to find the mod for each server, whatever that might be, install a new mod for one particular server that may not work on any other servers.

Yes, there are the elitists who will blast me for being impatient (as they did the OP), and fair enough, you've made your fortune and your family and have the time to spare. I don't. I love this game, the potential for the realism draws me back probably for years to come.....but the fractured nature of the mod community, as a natural consequence the increased number of installs I will have to do (including time to find, verify, investigate, install) makes me want to stay vanilla....which seems to be dead entirely. In this very realism based player's mind, if this game cant' incorporate autodownloads of mods, or stop the mods from becomming the sideshow Bob that takes all the attention, it's dead...because I'm sure there are MANY others who have this same opinion besides myself and the OP. Most of whom will never be on a forum, but we NEED player numbers, badly.

It is not that I don't like the idea of an auto-download feature, it is just that I am not sure it would work all that great.

The size of addons has increased sharply from the times of OFP, and I am not sure the client (player) would like to sit idly for 1-2 hours before joining any given server. And on the flip side, I am not sure the server would like to spend the bandwidth required to give out their addons to every single player who joins up to play for two minutes, then leaves.

What you're suggesting here would be the equivalent of downloading Project Reality from the browser list if you're playing Battlefield 2. It's just not practical.

So I suppose we will have to keep our elitist attitude and advise patience to new comers.

Good to hear that you got your stuff sorted Game_on, sounded like you were having a heart attack there for a minute ;D

Is it just me or are a lot of people out there ignorant of "mod folders" and how to set them up?

I just notice that the OP only seems to have recently discovered the adding of the info to the target line and was also concerned with mods not playing nicely together. If they are all being dumped into the addons directory this make a lot of sense.

Do we need to add a more promenant sticky somewhere that explains how to either create and setup modfolders or how and where to download tools like yom's auto sync'r.

No way should servers distribute the mods. bad enough as it is playing on dial up without that to go through everytime.