Sign in to follow this  
Akira

Asteroid to hit earth

I think l33t means 'leet' which is supposed to mean 'elite'. It's something those pimple faced computer geeks use instead of real words. I used it just because it is a stupid shit of a way to speak. wink.gif

Oh yeah, you told that you're going to join the army. Well, good luck in finishing your journal in time. You know, you're supposed to write it while you are doing the work, not afterwards (as if). biggrin.gif

Thanks, good luck to you too smile.gif

And i'm doing it while i perform the tests. But i had it for this week so i ain't doing shit today.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Wobble @ April 05 2002,02:52)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">right now we could deflect a asteroid the size of texas with nuclear weapons and cause it to miss the earth.. in the future.. who knows..<span id='postcolor'>

mm too much armageddon u have been viewing methinks biggrin.gif

i seriously doubt a nuke would destroy or deflect an asteroid the size of texas travelling probably 25-39 times the speed of sound.

good to see they can plan ahead 900 years but didnt nasa or whoever watches for these asteroids just miss 4 that passed earth very close ?

What's the big deal, we'll all die one day!

And the world will be destroyed one day, it's proved that in a couple billion years the earth will turn into something like the sun. No chance of survival...

An asteroid would only make it all go a bit faster.

And btw, what's the chance that it will hit li'lle Belgium biggrin.gif

I believe that in a couple of billion years our sun (which is a  star) will be burned up, and the earth will become a eaten by the sun. Oh, i am not the only one ho believes this. It is proven by some scientists. Oh silly me.

How on earth (hehe) did you come at the idea that the earth will become like the sun.

Solar energy is created deep within the core of the Sun. It is here that the temperature (15,000,000° C; 27,000,000° F) and pressure (340 billion times Earth's air pressure at sea level) is so intense that nuclear reactions take place. This reaction causes four protons or hydrogen nuclei to fuse together to form one alpha particle or helium nucleus. The alpha particle is about .7 percent less massive than the four protons. The difference in mass is expelled as energy and is carried to the surface of the Sun, through a process known as convection, where it is released as light and heat. Energy generated in the Sun's core takes a million years to reach its surface. Every second 700 million tons of hydrogen are converted into helium ashes. In the process 5 million tons of pure energy is released; therefore, as time goes on the Sun is becoming lighter.

The Sun appears to have been active for 4.6 billion years and has enough fuel to go on for another five billion years or so. At the end of its life, the Sun will start to fuse helium into heavier elements and begin to swell up, ultimately growing so large that it will swallow the Earth. After a billion years as a red giant, it will suddenly collapse into a white dwarf -- the final end product of a star like ours. It may take a trillion years to cool off completely.

When cooled of, the earth is gone.

So the earth will never become a star

Man, I saw that on National Geographic Channel (or whatever it's called) so it probable isn't bullshit, the earth'll turn into something like the sun and will then explode. I can't remember why but it had something to do with the real sun, oh well, it isn't my problem, i'll be dead by then so why should i give a damn biggrin.gif

mm too much armageddon u have been viewing methinks

actually I have been watching the discovery channel..

according to the scientists, in space.. voide of any signifigant gravity (I.E. near a planet) it takes approx the equiv of 50 pounds of TNT to alter the course of a 100 ton objectmoving at 500mph by 15 degrees.. so therefor a 12 megaton nuclear blast could alter the course of a several billion ton object by several degrees.. hence alter the course of a giant rock to the point that its orbit does not intercept earth... its not a big deal.. at distance of 12 million miles only a fraction of a degree alteration would be needed to make an object miss the earth.. CURRENT technology can detect 1 mile x 1 mile object at 38 million miles and intercept it by no less than 18 million with a nuclear device.. you dont even have to hit the object.. just set the nuke off NEAR it.. and its course will be altered..

remember.. in a 0 gravity there is a major cause and effect "for very action there is an equal and opposite reaction" kinda deal for every pound of force pressed one way and object will move that much, unlike here on earth...

Earth temperature is going to rise and in 2 bill years temps will be like 60C and it won't support human life.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (USSoldier11B @ April 05 2002,05:26)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Won't be the end of the world.....might be the end of US but it won't be the end of the world...

I say good riddance too! <span id='postcolor'>

You're just begging for a flame war aren't you? Chances are, that if the U.S. was destroyed your country's economy would go to shit.<span id='postcolor'>

US...as in HUMANS...not the U.S......jesus H. pete and mary....people always think nationalisticly?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (USSoldier11B @ April 05 2002,05:26)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Won't be the end of the world.....might be the end of US but it won't be the end of the world...

You're just begging for a flame war aren't you? Chances are, that if the U.S. was destroyed your country's economy would go to shit.<span id='postcolor'>

US...as in HUMANS...not the U.S......jesus H. pete and mary....people always think nationalisticly?

And I am from the US too :| Live in Texas thank you...

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Akira @ April 05 2002,16:27)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (USSoldier11B @ April 05 2002,05:26)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Won't be the end of the world.....might be the end of US but it won't be the end of the world...

And I am from the US too :| Live in Texas thank you...<span id='postcolor'>

damn double post! sad.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (DarkLight @ April 05 2002,12:44)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Man, I saw that on National Geographic Channel (or whatever it's called) so it probable isn't bullshit, the earth'll turn into something like the sun and will then explode. I can't remember why but it had something to do with the real sun, oh well, it isn't my problem, i'll be dead by then so why should i give a damn biggrin.gif<span id='postcolor'>

I saw something similiar...think it was on The Learning Channel...was basically going through all the ways the Earth could be screwed....

One of them had to do with if there was a massive solar flare it could burn away the ozone and the earths protective atmosphere, exposing us all to hefty doses of radiation. Apparently if that happens it will be quite a light show.

By the time that happens, i´m sure mankind will already have colonialised Mars or something....or extinguished itself in wars, or by pollution problems.:D