Sign in to follow this  
fromz

Operation Halfmoon PLA (OHPLA) Standalone Release

It's also meaningless to request to change the current side of independent. If you want PLA to fight against any other stuff on independent, it could be easy to do in the mission editor.

Not changing, adding them to east side as well. Right now it's not possible to fight with PLA soldiers against, lets say, NAPA. It would be a real pain to add east group leaders to guerrila groups so they could fight each other. It'll mean problem with scripts that refer to correct heredity. So it's wiser to create separate classes and class names for PLA on east side.

ahahahhaha great fromz,the voices are soooo funny

I guess You didn't heard any REALLY annoying\funny voiceovers yet...

These are ok.

yes it s great!!!and funny too!!!cos I dont understand chinese...I am a fan of fromz,you know...

nice mod I love it !! .

but why you can`t remake those planes ? I mean they are reals planes

like kiska island

there is a group of persons than are making that island but only because it is real and CODEMASTERS can`t do anything for that reason

Edited by zombo

nice mod I love it !! .

but why you can`t remake those planes ? I mean they are reals planes

It depends on the contract he took....If he sold them altogether, he can't use the same models again, and the main reason is not A2 itself, but the possibility of someone ripping those, and getting them on sale.

Redoing a model takes time, a proper model can take months

Vary good work on this. I see that JTD Fire and smoke does not work for your vehicles. Dont know if that has been said or not but iv tryed it out on all of them and its just vanilla fire and smoke. If could in next patch make the vehicles work with JTD Fire and Smoke that would be vary nice, keep up the good work.

The chinese voices are really awesome and make the combat atomsphere very realistic! Have to say the words and accent of those PLA are extremely authentic.

Any news about tweaking accuracy of weapons & stuff to be more in line with other weapons?

I have somehow the experience that soldiers armed with the PLA anti-tank weapons PF-89 and PF-98 cant hit anything out of maybe 100 meters. They are always aiming too high and overshoot enemy tanks, since the AI will automatically adapt the ballistic curve on a higher range. Since the PF-98 and the PF-89 have a very flat, if not totally flat and direct firing curve that requires no ballistic curve, the AI cant handle that it seems.

I made a test; out of 10 rocket armed soldiers firing at a Abrams 200 metres away, only maybe 3 of them hit it. On higher ranges, noone hits.

Please, Fromz. Please either implement both anti-tank weapons with ballistic curves and less-flat trajectory rockets, or change the AI-behavior.

Other than that, VERY DAMN FINE MOD!!

OFP: DR can suck itself.

PS: I think the PLA in the Mod needs the QLZ-87 Automatic Grenade launcher as either Squad-based, or stationary weapon.

I feel the PLA in game is mostly outgunned by high-explosive fire of the enemy. If you could include that, it would be better balanced then.

00053066.jpg

Thanks feedbacks mates, I'll fix the rockets trajectory and tweaking accuracy of weapons in next patch. (ohpla 2.0.2)

BTW, do you guys need a whole ohpla 2.0.2 or just need the 2.0.2 patch?

I prefer the whole re-download for 2.0.2 update.

Because when I revise the core data of the pla stuffs, I need change the bikey for server. and pepole who just new on this mod no need download many patchs.

OHPLA 2.0.1

Change log:

> Fixed: Soldiers long necks changed,

> Added: Variety of Soldiers' Chinese faces.

> Added: Chinese Mandarin vioces.

> Added: Soldier Chinese names.

Armaholic downloadpage updated.

[edit]

Patches for small changes/additions are preferred. Otherwise for a 10 -20 - 30 MB change people need to download 165 MB. Bandwidth is not cheap.

Whole re-download for next update sounds good to me. In this next patch will you make your vehicles work with JTD Fire and Smoke?

best mod on ArmA2! thanks so much...

@Fromz ... xie xie ni, wo ye shi zhong guo ren, wo zai shenyang, wo xin lai de zai zhi, haha ni zuo shenme zai zhong guo? 88

Those chinese soldiers are bigger than caucasian ones if you put them head to head. No only taller but bigger, like an army of terminators !

That suppose a rigorous genetic selection. Advanced warrior program of PLA ? ;)

Those chinese soldiers are bigger than caucasian ones if you put them head to head. No only taller but bigger, like an army of terminators !

That suppose a rigorous genetic selection. Advanced warrior program of PLA ? ;)

No they are the first founded Legion of the mighty Space Marines :D

[quote name=

PS: I think the PLA in the Mod needs the QLZ-87 Automatic Grenade launcher as either Squad-based, or stationary weapon.

I feel the PLA in game is mostly outgunned by high-explosive fire of the enemy. If you could include that, it would be better balanced then.

[/quote]

Exactly, QLZ-87s now are equipped in the infantry squad of some elite troops of PLA. In the IRON Army of PLA, each squad has two such launchers.

Exactly, QLZ-87s now are equipped in the infantry squad of some elite troops of PLA. In the IRON Army of PLA, each squad has two such launchers.

Yeah, foremost it's believed by analysts as a basic tactical element of a modern PLA squad.

Just like in the Wehrmacht; where the squads firepower was based around the MG-42/MG-34, the PLA Squad's firepower is based around the rapid fire of the highly portable and mobile, single man operatable AGL's...

So it would be great if Fromz could include that.

Edited by Hongjian

Fromz, again thanks and congratulations for the excellent work.

Some questions :.... and I apologize for the bad English, I use google translator:icon_redface:. Why the shock of the APC, are rigid? APC when brakes or accelerates remains inert, and elevation changes on the wheels leave the ground. Unlike the main tank instead follows the terrain, as well as the LAV25. the post of captain is not possible to aim high or low, as happens in the original models as the LAV25. Think of action to improve this aspect?

Thanks again

For some reason I can't pull up Grenade when pressing F to cycle thru weapons? Anybody else have this or maybe I have a conflict somewheres :confused:

Edit- Problem fixed when I take out the CAA1 addon. This also added the new Mandarin voices which wasn't working for me before.

Thanks Fromz, love playing as the PLA!

Edited by froggyluv

In the first post:

ACEXPLA and OHPLA 2.0.1

Change log:

> Fixed: Soldiers long necks changed,

> Added: Variety of Soldiers' Chinese faces.

> Added: Chinese Mandarin vioces.

> Added: Soldier Chinese names.

I would guess so... :)