Sign in to follow this  
fromz

Operation Halfmoon PLA (OHPLA) Standalone Release

Hm Strange, when i launch the Six-Updater he does not update anything.

Tried different Servers O.o

Or is the update not uploaded yet?

the ACEX_PLA will be updated per schedule (Fri)

Six-Updater may update tomorrow or the day after tomorrow. When I finish works, I update to ACE projects server then someone will help me pack and put it in Six-updater, It's need times.

Six-Updater may update tomorrow or the day after tomorrow. When I finish works, I update to ACE projects server then someone will help me pack and put it in Six-updater, It's need times.

ah k thx for information.

Cant wait to test the update :yay:

Thanks for the patch - I'm gonna test it in a minute - just two things:

1) PLA Weapons and ammo classes should be listed in the readme (for missionmakers)

2) I'm still listed as enigmatic JonP

Excellent work as usual. Looking forward to complete package-should be AWESOME!

well, after testing:

Long necks are gone, but still, Chineese are a bit taller (bigger?) then other guys in the game. Wrong scale. Rescaling to the 90 % of the current setting should do the trick, if I'm right. Good job on the voices, groups and ammoboxes. Updated Bug Report below.

What's "broken" (or just not implemented):

- Wrong models scale

- A2 vehicle damage system not present

- Invisible transport chopper weapon

- Bulletproof glass in the choppers

- Wrong driver "get in" position for trucks

- Z9A\G are over-steerable

- Soldier Light isn't armed

- Z9G is displayed as Z9A

- Group name typo (standyard instead of standard)

- M99 should be held lower

- PLA doesn't shoot US vehicles (even when Independent side is set against everyone)

Tested on 1.05 on mostly high settings.

And to the suggestions\opinions:

- Add PLA to the East Side TOO (not instead, how some ppl wrote)

- Excluding sniper in ghillie suit, why would You give a silenced pistol to someone, who hasn't got silenced primary weapon?

- Engineers should have more mines (at least 3)

- Weapon and ammo classes in the readme

You had screens for most of these ;) Please fix the easiest things in the first place, then focus on adding content.

and just as a reminder ;)

PS: I'd like to be listed as [ACPL] Jon in the credits. Thanks.

Thanks and happy new year!

Edited by JonPL

About the models scale, if set to 90%, I'm afraid that some charactor animations possible to incorrect. 100% is feasible, but I don't think is needed. now is 101%- 105%, right?

A2 damage system -> I'm still learning and no can do full of them.

Invisible transport chopper weapon -> I think I have told you, in the left side.

Soldier Light -> It's exactly soldier unarmed.

M99 is big, I should make a new handanim batter than lower it down.

PLA doesn't shoot US vehicles -> I think they do, you can put a offical OPFOR or Independent soldier and try agian, They are SAME to pla setting.

I'll fix the most voted bugs priority,

My roles in reallife made me quite busy. the mod works may set aside recently.

I regret that I can't fix them all in short time. I have tried.

Well first of all thank you for your work Fromz, I'm sure most of us understand that you have a real life which comes first.

Secondly let me be the sound of the (seemingly) minority to say that PLA is good at the Independent side, we have plenty of terrorists, rebels and armed civilians on the OPFOR side. But JonPL's consideration of adding them to the OPFOR side as well might be a good compromise, but I think it should be handled as a low priority feature.

Hey man, cheer up. I did it for the record, we both want the best, don't we?

We can live without A2 damage system - yet ;-) tho some things like no classes in the readme or chopper name not displayed properly is pretty easy to repair, isn't it?

Now:

- Scale models back to 100 %;

- Correct "standyard' typo in groups;

- Rename "Soldier Light" to "Soldier (unarmed)" or "Soldier (off duty)" or even "Soldier (captive)", but that way - he shouldn't be wearing a helmet;

- Disarm transport chopper, I mean the proper Z9A. (No it does NOT have a weapon in the left, like Z9G ;-) )

and it's pretty good for another patch\re-release.

M99 can be held a little lower without arm-in-weapon problem, really, the trigger finger is a bit too low, especially when You see how the sniper held the weapon; lower it a little, untill finger reaches gun body;

Apart from that, yeah, I know, but making another anim for it is plenty of work I think. Don't have to do so much.

I hope it helps and damn I'd like too see it in the new patch\re-release pretty soon :) And yeah, I know RL stuff can be a pain in the ass, but it's really less than 1 hour work (dunno only about model scaling), and after what You've done its really "nothing" compared to making so many, so good models...

Cheers man.

And to the suggestions\opinions:

- I think the PLA should be also present as the "East" Faction (so You could fight the "Independent" terrorists, rebels, armed civilians... etc)

True! I guess this would be a very good setting .. PLA fighting insurgents.

PLA should be independent, because it allows mission makers more options as to who they fight. Plus, it's possible to set the current Guerilla forces against the PLA, there'll be a line of code for it somewhere in the mission editing forums.

Agreed. It gives the PLA more options as independent, and missionmakers more scope.

Wanted to say a big thanks to Fromz for the work on this mod. It's really professional and provides a pretty comprehensive PLA force to pick from. Good luck with your plans for the future. :)

Edited by Das Attorney
missing word

A great patch of updation anyway. As to the model scale, i dont think there is any problem on it. Why should the chinese model be in 90% of scale? It's also meaningless to request to change the current side of independent. If you want PLA to fight against any other stuff on independent, it could be easy to do in the mission editor.

Don't want to sound offensive, but guys, check the damn dictionary for the word

I think the PLA should be also present as the "East" Faction (so You could fight the "Independent" terrorists, rebels, armed civilians... etc)

...it might help, Ya know.

Why scale? Well, if You'd read my report, You'd know...

Edited by JonPL

Don't want to sound offensive, but, guys, check DICTIONARY for word

You can already, using the editor...

Yeah, I even know how to do it (the old, OFPish way for example), but it'd be just more intuitive and easier to just have them in the right place in the editor.

But well, You ppl like to moan, so ok, I take that back because I see it hurts Your eyes

Thanks a lot mates, I have all the suggestions in mind, and I'll make decision. Let's do it batter. Don't rush to a final perfect thing.

It's impractical :)

Great mod, and even greater that there's an ACE version. Many thanks Fromz.

One thing I spotted - the choppers appear to have bulletproof glass. Even a full mag doesn't penetrate.

"bulletproof glass" are you sure????

Finally some hely got it)) And its good this is hely of our chinese Friend.