Sign in to follow this  
fromz

Operation Halfmoon PLA (OHPLA) Standalone Release

Depends if you sold the copyright along with the the models or just the models. Pitty, but it was worth a large fortune I guess. Love the rest though :)

How about the experimental WZ-10? Might be good against the AH-64D Longbow.

Yep, They are sold with copyright along.

But except PLA Jets, I can make anything.

WZ-10, hoho, check these:

11_1_207758450375c50.jpg

11_1_ce3d240335da433.jpg

Didn't UV, texture, add details and optimize it yet.

But... WZ-10 is not in active service of PLA, so, I don't like sheer fabrication it.

I don't understand why you can't make PLA jets to add to your pack even if you have to remake them from scratch. It would be worth it because your adding an entirely new faction to the game.

The thing is, he said he has already made most of the jets the PLA use. He sold them to companies so he could live. Meaning he would have to drastically change the whole design or else the company may think he is using their work and sue. If he is sued he has no money. If he has no money he can't live. If he can't live the OH:PLA mod will die. :D

Maybe Fromz, you could make a Q-5? Or just Mig-19 and Mig-21's with PLA colors. That way they would be very close to the J-6 and J-7's (enough for it to satisfy people) but not enough for a company to sue you.

Edited by Darkhorse 1-6

Question, I use the ACE2 version but I'm just wondering if it's in the tank's design or a bug. When a ZT99 is destroyed it blows up but no smoke appears and it's left a burnt wreck afterwards.

Is the ZT99 made so it doesn't burn or is that a bug?

Well very sad news about the jets, I think most of you agree me when I say even the mighty PLA is a half-armed giant without air superiority :(. I hope we see some solution someday, and get some air power for the mod.

Depends if you sold the copyright along with the the models or just the models. Pitty, but it was worth a large fortune I guess. Love the rest though :)

How about the experimental WZ-10? Might be good against the AH-64D Longbow.

nothing is good against the piece of shit longbow, lol....i shot 4 R 73's from a Su34 fullback today and it took all 4 just to bring it down, and as it was spinning down the cannon shot my jet down, I was so pissed :mad:

Not wanting to draw any attention away from Fromz's excellent mod, but it's worth noting that the VME PLA Mod are making at least one jet. So there will still be hope even if Fromz's mod doesn't get any jets.

I dont really think Jets would be important and playable much in a game just like ARMA2. Just wish more PLA latest AFVs could be made, such as ZBD04, ZBD03, PTL02 100 mm assault gun, PLZ96 122mm gun & PGZ07 35mm antiair gun. Oh, really too much work...

Unfortunately, I have created and sold most of the PLA Air force jet models, Include,

J10, JH7A, J11/Su27, Su30MkkII, J8, J7, H6... It's a lot of money...

So, If I use or rebuild (because model and texture is similar) any of them, I'm afraid thatis very open to criticism. I don't wanna make trouble with myself.

Have a word with Aushilfe over skype (ace2 chnl), he already has the su27 and su30 done, see if you collaborate and get a PLA texture done. At least then the PLA side will have some jets to use, even though not directly the ones manufactured in China

Yeah,

- Anti-Air Tank

- Chinese Voice

- Static defense weapons

- This WZ-10 and a Jet (Just a jet that can fight AirTargets and Groundtargets) are the things iam currently missing. Your troops definitly need some AirSupport and Air Defense.

Edited by Clawhammer

Yeah I agree about a SU-27 Flanker in Chinese textures. That would fill the gap for Chinese Airpower especially if one ground attack variant was made.

You might also contact Andy Lee from the old OFP ROC 3 mod to see if he will allow you to use and update any of his PLA models. That was a fantastic mod back in the old days, and Andy Lee is a great person. I remember he stopped making addons because of real life issues, but I'm sure he'd love to see his work carried on into ArmA 2.

Half of it is Taiwanese military stuff, but the other half is PLA. Not sure if any of of his email addresses still work though. That's the main problem. At any rate, I'd recommend getting help from other great Chinese addon makers like Tony Ranger if he's not already involved with VME or some other mod. Also concerning the aircraft models that you sold, simply contact the company regarding the legal issues and what is or isn't allowed under the contract with them. Normally their legal department will tell you what you can and can't do. Just make sure that they know that the ArmA 2 addons are non-profit addons that wouldn't be sold. Some companies are cool about this and don't care. Others strictly prohibit that. However I know that you want good relations with them so that they buy more of your addons. :)

At any rate, check out the OFP ROC3 mod models and see if you can find Andy Lee (if him being Taiwanese doesn't get you into problems with Chinese authorities).

His mod is here and was one of the greatest mods in OFP:

http://ofp.gamepark.cz/index.php?showthis=6392

EDIT--oops... I tried it again actually and while it was good for the time, I forgot how crude some models were and there aren't many PLA tanks or aircraft....so ignore the ROC mod help suggestion.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Edited by Miles Teg

Hey Fromz,like others said maybe in the next version you could add the anti-air tank and WZ-10,this way the faction will be more balanced.

Perhaps in the future you could also add an jet and maybe in IFV like ZBD-97.

Hm what iam thinking about is what about Chinese Special Forces?

Yeah.. I agree. Some Chinese Special Forces with balaclavas, goggles, knee-pads, leg holsters, heavy body armor, etc... would be very cool.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Hi,

Good work on these units, can we expect to see some variations in other camouflage schemes (for example type 99 or type 03)?

A suggestion for the units is the following addition to the config in fromz_characters.pbo. The units currently have the English names instead of Chinese. Therefore it would be better to add a definition for Chinese names like for example:

class CfgWorlds 
{
class GenericNames 
{
 access = ReadAndWrite;
 class Default 
 {
  class FirstNames 
  {
   default = "Unknown";
  };
  class LastNames 
  {
  default = "Entity";
  };
 };
 class ohpla_names 
 {
  class FirstNames 
  {
   an = "An";
   bai = "Bai";
   bao = "Bao";
   bei = "Bei";
   bian = "Bian";
   bu = "Bu";
   chan = "Chan";
   chang = "Chang";
   che = "Che";
   chen = "Chen";
   cheng = "Cheng";
   chu = "Chu";
   cong = "Cong";
   dai = "Dai";
   dan = "Dan";
   dang = "Dang";
   dao = "Dao";
   di = "Di";
   ding = "Ding";
   dong = "Dong";
   du = "Du";
   fang = "Fang";
   fei = "Fei";
   fu = "Fu";
   gao = "Gao";
   ge = "Ge";
   gu = "Gu";
   guan = "Guan";
   guang = "Guang";
   he = "He";
   hou = "Hou";
   hu = "Hu";
   hua = "Hua";
   huang = "Huang";
   hui = "Hui";
   ji = "Ji";
   jiang = "Jiang";
   jiao = "Jiao";
   jin = "Jin";
   jing = "Jing";
   ju = "Ju";
   lai = "Lai";
   lau = "Lau";
   li = "Li";
   lian = "Lian";
   liu = "Liu";
   lou = "Lou";
   ma = "Ma";
   mao = "Mao";
   mi = "Mi";
   mo = "Mo";
   nan = "Nan";
   pu = "Pu";
   qian = "Qian";
   ren = "Ren";
   rong = "Rong";
   shang = "Shang";
   shao = "Shao";
   shen = "Shen";
   shi = "Shi";
   shui = "Shui";
   suo = "Suo";
   tan = "Tan";
   tang = "Tang";
   tian = "Tian";
   tie = "Tie";
   tong = "Tong";
   wan = "Wan";
   wang = "Wang";
   wei = "Wei";
   wen = "Wen";
   xi = "Xi";
   xiang = "Xiang";
   xiao = "Xiao";
   xie = "Xie";
   xing = "Xing";
   yan = "Yan";
   yang = "Yang";
   yi = "Yi";
   yin = "Yin";
   ying = "Ying";
   you = "You";
   yu = "Yu";
   yue = "Yue";
   zhang = "Zhang";
   zhan = "Zhan";
   zhao = "Zhao";
   zhong = "Zhong";
   zong = "Zong";
  };
  class LastNames 
  {
   tongzhi = "Tongzhi";
  };
 };
};
};

(with ofcourse a longer appropriate list of personal names in the LastNames list) and a corresponding change in

class PLA_Soldier_Base: SoldierGB
{
 identityTypes[] = {"Head_PLA"};
 faceType = "PLA";
 genericNames = "EnglishMen";

to

class PLA_Soldier_Base: SoldierGB
{
 identityTypes[] = {"Head_PLA"};
 faceType = "PLA";
 genericNames = "ohpla_names";

Regards,

Sander

Wow, I just desire for the CN names!

Would you tell me how to add custom voices? the config is different between ArmA1.

I'm much obliged to you for helping me on the mod. big help!

If the company you sold the aircraft models to can link an internet alias in a game forum to your person you are doing it wrong ;) Minor variation oif the work should do it.

Anyways, excellent job, enjoying ACE version. Thigs I would like to see and/or I'm missing:

- arty! (main mortars (120mm), rockets and towed arty one of each at least)

- more variety in IFV's/APC's versions and wheeled vehicles (AT version, GL version, etc.). secondary, maybe older MBT than Type99 which are still in massive use I guess.

- chinese names/voices

- air support (CAS specially, don't care that much about fighters because honestlly, Arma2 is not a flight simulator)

- better attack helo? (if chinese army has such thing, or in different config)

- AA support

Anyway, thanks for all, great work!

P.S: I have one doubt though, how balanced are weapon attributes? where comapred to others? i.e. I had an impression that assault rifles were too accurate but that may be a wrong early impression though.

Edited by KNac

Wonderful work and great models:ok:! Thank you!

I noticed, who held the post of commander on the APC, the internal view, I can aim left to right, zoom, but not both high and low! In the outer, the pointer moves, but the rear sight green no. again congratulations!:yay:

Great work! I've tested the mod against the new Bwmod releases. It's very funny... :)

Ha, I've also done that long ago. German really got a very hard time to fight against the powerful PLA.

finally got around to trying this out last night, Fantastic work thought the overall quality of the project was def top notch, my only complaint (which has already been noted elsewhere in this thread) is the neck issue on player models. I hope to see more releases down the line keep up the great work!

ACEXPLA and OHPLA 2.0.1

Change log:

> Fixed: Soldiers long necks changed,

> Added: Variety of Soldiers' Chinese faces.

> Added: Chinese Mandarin vioces.

> Added: Soldier Chinese names.

Download the version 2.0.1 update patch for standlone version or use six-updater for the ACEXPLA

@ohplaUpdate_201.7z - 37.3MB - This file is just only for standlone version!

Simplely copy and replace the old ones.

Mirror host please download the patch and update to 2.0.1 then host it. Thanks!

Happy new years mates!

- Fromz