Sign in to follow this  
oxmox

Radar of AH-1Z

First time I tried helicopters in CTI multiplayer and have some questions about the radar.

I was flying with the AH-1Z at altitude 20 far from the coastline when suddenly out of nowhere a Jet did shot me down.

- i got no radar warning about the Jet

- i got no radar warning about the incomming missile

- i got no AI sound or chat warning about anything

So whats going on here, is the radar not working and why the AI did not inform me about incomming air threads ?

I did test also the UH-1Y and was flying above tree line, stopping close to one village...i got shot down from a missile only short time later and no AI infos about movements or anything. When I drive vehicles or when i engage with an infantry squad, they spot enemies so far...

Could need some tips n tricks here please, thx :yay:

Well think about it, it's easier to see a big helicopter hovering over a village than a little guy with a stinger in a village. So they see and shoot at you before you see and shoot them.

Same with the plane, the plane probably was flying very high or low and came at you fast.

The Jet was probably in visible range since i saw him after i got hit, but there was not a single information about air activity...I thought fighter helis have radar ?

Doesnt this work in this game and whats the range of individual radar and rockets, where can i get the infos about that ?

I was hovering over the sea far out from the coastline in very low altitude 17-20..thats the range where radar should not get you, but the Jet was flying high so the AH-1Z has no air-air radar in this game maybe ? Its ok if rockets and radar type aswell radar range isnt realistic due to game mechanics, but at least a little warning would be cool to get integrated in this game except i did miss something..low altitude to avoid enemy radar detectino seems not work aswell, thats why i hope to get some tips n tricks here =).

Edited by oxmox

The game desperately needs an audible RWR, it wont protect you from stingers but it will least let you know damn clearly when a SU or Tungska has you lit.

Ofcourse there is air to air radar. Same simple one that detects ground vehicles.

Well who has to watch the radar the gunner or pilot ? I was the pilot but had nothing on my radar since it shows only objects in limited scan range in front of you. No radio warning from the gunner, no chat warning..nothing, i just died from the Jet above.

The guy probably had sidewinders selected and was spamming tab in order to lock on to anything in the air.

Well who has to watch the radar the gunner or pilot ? I was the pilot but had nothing on my radar since it shows only objects in limited scan range in front of you. No radio warning from the gunner, no chat warning..nothing, i just died from the Jet above.

Use Mando missiles arma, it has an audible RWR and countermeasures system, pretty neat stuff

Whats mandal missiles, is this an addon ? Well, seems like the vanilla game doesnt support air to air radar functions, still a good game i have a lot of fun :)

Use Mando missiles arma, it has an audible RWR and countermeasures system, pretty neat stuff

Does that work online, I thought a mission has to have it enabled with the game logic. I don't think someone using the mod can join a random server and have it work.