Sign in to follow this  
Little

dogs of war, Hind-D weak

Hey guys

Got up to dogs of war using 1.05 from the start. Still a few issues but mostly Its been good.

Look i've just "earned" myself a Hind helicopter, which is fantastic and brings me closer to finishing the remaining settlements quickly - But.

every time someone fires a Pea at me from 3km away my engine dies and thats it.

Help/ get over it / Bug / Feature????

Not well tweaked engine failure feature.

I made a tweak to disable the feature. :)

Geez! How did you get that helo? Was that the one they extracted you from the lopotev island? The civi one??

If you play CDF Dogs of War (kill Prizrak in Badlands) you can buy Hind D version.

Not well tweaked engine failure feature.

I made a tweak to disable the feature. :)

Please share with us where to find this 'feature' - it's incredibly annoying and artificial to have my engine shut off at the first hint of damage, so I'd like to disable it as well.

i wish they were like this in evolution - we get nailed by hinds that are practically in flames spinningwildly towards the trees - they can still last for anbother 10 minutes like this and kill everyone in the vicinity - damn they're tough

http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t247/eggbeast/hindatk1.jpg

we even had 2 hind's spot us on top of the international hotel and despite hitting both with a stinger and concentrated grenade and MG fire, they ffar'd and machine gunned us until they made the whole building collapse, killing us all.

I also had BRDMs shutting down my engine before I could even get a lock with my missiles.

Hinds are pathetic enough without mods, but I have to think it is something to do with the mission. In my experience Hinds are vulnerable because of inaccurate ATGMs and vulnerable pilots on rocket runs.

yeah the hinds missiles suck - i put 24 of them on a C130 to see how many it took to kill enemy armoured units - about 6 on a tunguska... compared with 1 vikhr or 1 hellfire or maverick or 3 sidewinders even

Only the newest hind, with the fixed cannon and bombs (Mi-24P?) has effective AT missiles. The other models have progressively weaker missiles, corresponding to their age.

I still haven't found out how to disable the engine failure - if anyone knows please chime in.