Sign in to follow this  
sickboy

A.C.E. Advanced Combat Environment - Public Beta *2*!

EMP has been discussed, there is even an ACE ticket for that subject. I am quite well-versed on the topic. If it's implimented - it'll be done correctly.

I'm not overly concerned with EMP myself, I was answering another person's general query.

The point stands though that even if ACE does not implement it, mission makers can.

Excellent to hear the ACE team may implement it - would be an impressive feature regardless.

A blinding white flash followed by your chopper dropping like a stone would properly ruin your day.

yeah but honestly...WHERES AN-94??????????

Would you stop spamming this thread with your AN-94 request? This is the 2nd post from you about this and no one ever promised you that there will be one included.

Would you stop spamming this thread with your AN-94 request? This is the 2nd post from you about this and no one ever promised you that there will be one included.

Thank you Wolle. Also, if he wants to request something he needs to go open a request ticket at DH. I'm surprised he doesn't know this seeing that it's been mentioned in this thread a hundred times.(And we all know how useful the search feature is.) ;)

Hi, sorry if this has been already posted, anyway i couldnt find it... my question is about updating ACE on the server. Which is the best method to do this? you just have to overwrite the files with new ones by ftp on the server or is there another way more... automatic?

Thanks in advance! : ]

ACE makes Arma 2 so much better I probably wont play the normal Arma 2 again, Thanks for this great mod and keep up the good work!

Is this for a mission you or a friend made? Did you get any messages about "ace_test" missing etc? It may be you used one of the test soldiers in a mission and that pbo was removed recently. If so - remove any reference to ace_test in that mission file ( carefully ) and then use the mission editor to change any soldiers it complains about to another soldier in some other class.

Well, it is a mission, it gave no errors until I add the molation army, and after that began the errors, I will review the entire file sqm to see if I can find something ... resolve post here.

The funny thing is that there are moments that does not appear the error.

Why's the Six Updater starting my game every time it's done updating, that's rather inconvenient :P Started doing that a few days ago.

noob Q:I downloaded and installed ace with six updater but thats as far as I got,I don't know how to get the @Ace2 files to work

I checked and they are in the steam folder

is there a command line thing I gotta do ?

---------- Post added at 08:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:28 PM ----------

noob Q:I downloaded and installed ace with six updater but thats as far as I got,I don't know how to get the @Ace2 files to work

Ok,I tried putting this into the shortcut target line:

"C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\arma 2\arma2.exe"-mod=@CBA;@ACE;@ACEX;@ACE_PLA;@ACEX_SM -nosplash -world=empty

and I keep getting:

The name "C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\arma 2\arma2.exe"-mod=@CBA;@ACE;@ACEX;@ACE_PLA;@ACEX_SM -nosplash -world=empty specified is not valid,Make sure the path and file name is correct.

but I can't see any problems with it Path and all the mods are there.:mad:

---------- Post added at 08:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:28 PM ----------

Ok,I tried putting this into the shortcut target line:

"C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\arma 2\arma2.exe"-mod=@CBA;@ACE;@ACEX;@ACE_PLA;@ACEX_SM -nosplash -world=empty

and I keep getting:

The name "C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\arma 2\arma2.exe"-mod=@CBA;@ACE;@ACEX;@ACE_PLA;@ACEX_SM -nosplash -world=empty specified is not valid,Make sure the path and file name is correct.

but I can't see any problems with it Path and all the mods are there.:mad:

Is this the exact line? If so you need a space:

In between

arma2.exe"-mod=

there should be a space;

arma2.exe" -mod=

So this should be the line:

"C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\arma 2\arma2.exe" -mod=@CBA;@ACE;@ACEX;@ACE_PLA;@ACEX_SM -nosplash -world=empty

I hope that helps. Good luck.

FYI mission makers

A large selection i have on server will not load since recent up date v284.

The error seen is "ACE_TEST" is missing:(

how do i connect to ACE servers? server that are running the mod. never played online with them and im looking to try. and what are the most populated ones?

i have been having a reoccurring problem which started after i updated ACE.

on Domination servers i get a missing file error "SFX Fire_SFX_v07 not found". im not sure if this is related to ACE or the server, but i get HUGE fires burning all over the island. like the airfield is completely covered in fire. it's been doing this for the last two weeks and the latest ACE update didnt fix it. it's really odd since i can join other servers running ACE and i dont have any issues.

Does anyone know how to fold the blades of the AH1Z now? I tried using the normal code to fold;

_xtype = [this,1] execVM "\Ca\air\Scripts\AH1Z_fold.sqf"

but it doesn't work. Does anyone know how i can do it using ACE?

All info, documentation, regarding Six Updater Suite: http://dev-heaven.net/projects/six-arma-updater/wiki/Documentation

If you don't want the game to start after updating, select override action "Install or Update" instead :)

FYI mission makers

A large selection i have on server will not load since recent up date v284.

The error seen is "ACE_TEST" is missing:(

Remove "ACE_Test" from addons and addonsAuto[] arrays in your mission.sqm file, and change vehicle="ACE_Test_Logic" into vehicle="Logic"

as it seems, some people have been using internal ACE test logics and units in their missions. Which is a bit of my fault :)

I could reintroduce these for backwards compatibility, however, it is best the least of these backwards compatibility thingies are in v1.0 stable :)

Edited by Sickboy

how do i connect to ACE servers? server that are running the mod. never played online with them and im looking to try. and what are the most populated ones?

Just load ACE with your game and go on ACE servers... Filter ACE missions or ACE servers to find them easier.

With Yoma's AddonSync you can see what addons the servers are using and what addons they allow besides the server ones. Yoma's AddonSync can see what signature files a server is running.

@Fubar:

Please read things carefully.

Remove "ACE_Test" from addons and addonsAuto[] arrays in your mission.sqm file, and change vehicle="ACE_Test_Logic" into vehicle="Logic"

as it seems, some people have been using internal ACE test logics and units in their missions. Which is a bit of my fault :)

I could reintroduce these for backwards compatibility, however, it is best the least of these backwards compatibility thingies are in v1.0 stable :)

Thank you leave it be :)

I think you think its all cool with overheating guns and all but its absolute SHIT. Plz remove it pronto. When you take a m249 and open up after a while the bullets are flying backwards!

And the AK74 has a spread of about a meter at aprox 30 meters distance after only a few shots.

Sounds like youve triggered fade. Nice attitude btw, thats sure to get you what you want. Keep it up.

BTW: Dont use ACE if you dont like the features.

These guys produce something for free, you pay nothing, they get paid nothing. I cant imagine how you can have the audacity to come here and call it, quote, "absolute SHIT" with your incredibly obnoxious and ignorant attitude. Try pouring hundreds of hours work into something and see how you like people talking utterly undeserved bullshit about it.

Edited by TimRiceSE

What Tim said.

Edited by Sickboy

Sounds like youve triggered fade. Nice attitude btw, thats sure to get you what you want. Keep it up.

BTW: Dont use ACE if you dont like the features.

These guys produce something for free, you pay nothing, they get paid nothing. I cant imagine how you can have the audacity to come here and call it, quote, "absolute SHIT" with your incredibly obnoxious and ignorant attitude. Try pouring hundreds of hours work into something and see how you like people talking utterly undeserved bullshit about it.

Well do shut up condescending man. I get annoyed when shit breaks.

I think you think its all cool with post and all but its absolute SHIT. Plz make real bugreport pronto.

I cant be arsed to register on every site on the internet. Ill post my issues here and if none cares to adress them then dont.

I cant be arsed to register on every site on the internet.

Too bad you took time to register on this one :mad:

I think you think its all cool with overheating guns and all but its absolute SHIT. Plz remove it pronto. When you take a m249 and open up after a while the bullets are flying backwards!

And the AK74 has a spread of about a meter at aprox 30 meters distance after only a few shots.

Screw that. How about either live with it or remove the Mod. Nobody else has pissed and moaned about it, and barely any have respectfully criticized it, so your up against the rest of us. Put up a ticket, like your supposed to for this kinda of moaning, on the DH site.(First thread is link.) Then we can all vote on it to show you it's something we want.

PS, if you have a problem/criticism it's best to respectfully approach the situation and then file a ticket at the DH site for ACE2.(Again, link in the first post) Your not gonna get a warm reception with that kinda of garbage. Just be respectful and welcome, if not move on please.

Take care.

---------- Post added at 08:34 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:27 AM ----------

I cant be arsed to register on every site on the internet. Ill post my issues here and if none cares to adress them then dont.

That's really too bad. It won't get addressed by the devs then, as shown above. If you want to waste your time that's fine but it would be more helpful if you did register and filed requests/complaints/bugs, it would help the Mod.

If you keep posting complaints here in this manner you won't be able to post for long. The Moderators won't put up with it. That would be pointless.

Do what you want but ultimately it's your time your wasting. It really doesn't matter to us. With that said, I bid you good day. I'm done replying to your posts.

Good luck.