Sign in to follow this  
sickboy

A.C.E. Advanced Combat Environment - Public Beta *2*!

i keep gettin this error message when preview missions:

script x-acex-addons-vehclmah6-fired.sqf not found

is it me or known problem?

Never seen it. Did you try to run the updater again just in case? You never know, something could have gotten f'd up. Just a thought.

just tried that, sadly it didnt solved it..

but i remember that my updater just stopped while loading - updating a file, that happened more times during the last updates. i had to start the updater new, cause it just stopped downlaoding on a file. maybe there it deleted something?..eh i dont got the nerves to install whole ace2 again, did that like 3 times...;-(maybe you could be so nice and update the file? would be very nice .....!

i just would need the acex_t_veh_mah6 PBO, its 4 MB only...looks like updater messed up a script in it..thx in advance..!

Before I go on with posting ticket I want to ask here.

Did anyone notice that TOW missile doesn't look same for the shooter and observer?

Example, 2 players are present, 1 is gunner, other is observing. Gunner shoots TOW, observer sees different visual effect -> actually he doesn't see the effect which he should...

@Himmelsfeuer:

Just disable autoskip, reset skip status, and execute, to heal your installation.

If you're on Vista/7, double check your Virtual Store: http://dev-heaven.net/issues/6806 clean anything arma related and always run the software as administrator.

There is no CBA_ACE, only CBA, ACE and ACEX, etc :D

@cherry64:

Here's the chcp.com from my Win2003 x64 VM: http://www.multiupload.com/FCJRNUL3ZG

Edited by Sickboy

thank you, that worked! forgot autoskip.

wow funny stuff...after i started it again, the same message is there again?!?

possible it has to do with CBA?

why are there two CBA Orders now?

CBA_ACE and CBA , which to use?

Edited by Himmelsfeuer

That's been answered a ton. When it's ready is when it's done. They need to make sure it's stable enough for their liking. Sickboy just explained that clearly. If you have trouble search for the posts were I give a quick method. It's a piece of cake.

Im always searching these posts, i have no problem with that... But i must be doing it wrong... so i type "ace2 milestone release" in the search box and then search all the 391 posts?

When i go to the correct page and search for information about when the we might expect the next milestone release there is no information?

I type "Milestone Release dates" in the ace wiki and it gives me no match?

Im an idiot, how can i search i find the correct post where they say it will be ready when its ready?

---------- Post added at 01:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:20 PM ----------

Nothing to stop you downloading at work and transferring the @CBA, @ACE and @ACEX folders on a pen-drive.

So i can set up the 6 updater on my system and download updates? dont i need the game installed?

P.S. Thats my cousin you got as you avatar .)

Hi guys i was wondering how you get hellfires in the Ah-64 to lock on and actually got to the target? I know im probably missing something but getting a bit frustarting.

Hi guys i was wondering how you get hellfires in the Ah-64 to lock on and actually got to the target? I know im probably missing something but getting a bit frustarting.

Hmmm.. I wonder if looking at the ACE2 Features page, which also tells you how to use said features, and referring to the Missile Guidance section might help.

BINGO!

Nice job on looking for the answer before asking someone to find it for you (took 3 seconds).

So i can set up the 6 updater on my system and download updates? dont i need the game installed?

No game install complicates things. I'm sure it could be done but I think you'd need to specify a pretend ArmA folder so Six-Updater knows to place the downloads there. Only Sickboy could tell you how it's actually determined but it's likely a registry setting and a look at mine (WinXP x64) suggests one of...

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Applications\ArmA2.exe\shell\open\command]
@="\"C:\\Games\\Armed Assault 2\\ArmA2.exe\" \"%1\""

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Wow6432Node\Applications\ArmA2.exe\shell\open\command]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\Applications\ArmA2.exe\shell\open\command]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\Wow6432Node\Applications\ArmA2.exe\shell\open\command]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Classes\Applications\ArmA2.exe\shell\open\command]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\ArmA2]
"UninstallString"="C:\\Games\\Armed Assault 2\\UnInstall.exe"

...but these will vary slighty on other versions of Windows (i.e. no Wow6432Node).

P.S. Thats my cousin you got as you avatar .)

Yer cousin's badass.

Does this mod over-ride the name.ArmA2Profile file and adjusting setting for difficulty in the main options?

No game install complicates things. I'm sure it could be done but I think you'd need to specify a pretend ArmA folder so Six-Updater knows to place the downloads there. Only Sickboy could tell you how it's actually determined but it's likely a registry setting and a look at mine (WinXP x64) suggests one of...

Cheers bro, ill look into it

After Grouprespawn, the earplugs and glasses are not longer available in the actionmenue.

Any ideas?

Regards Intruder

Hi all Im posting here to see if any one else gets this error.

ok my load out is normaly dmr plus mags i will some times take a machine gun from a dead enemy so i have a little back up at close rang but this is when the prob starts it happend to me in chipher and a few other missions not all.

if i pick up enemy machine gun i put the dmr on me back take say 3 mags for machine gun then put me dmr back as primery i cant shoot not can i get scope up.

if i put the enemy machine gun into primery and me dmr on back the machine gun dont fire to yes i have ammo for both.

only way to get them to work is to drop it on floor then pick it back up.

please help on this one as it is very nice feature for snipers as we normaly are stuck with slow fireing weapons its nice to whip out a machine gun if we move into CQB.

thanks all please reply

One question:

Im creating a coop. If enemy groupleaders die (not alive e1) they activate triggers. But they often only get knocked out by bullets and still life because I use the ace-wounding module. Is there any chance to use ace-wounding only for human players and not for any AI?

thanks for any hint or suggestion :)

Hi all Im posting here to see if any one else gets this error.

ok my load out is normaly dmr plus mags i will some times take a machine gun from a dead enemy so i have a little back up at close rang but this is when the prob starts it happend to me in chipher and a few other missions not all.

if i pick up enemy machine gun i put the dmr on me back take say 3 mags for machine gun then put me dmr back as primery i cant shoot not can i get scope up.

if i put the enemy machine gun into primery and me dmr on back the machine gun dont fire to yes i have ammo for both.

only way to get them to work is to drop it on floor then pick it back up.

please help on this one as it is very nice feature for snipers as we normaly are stuck with slow fireing weapons its nice to whip out a machine gun if we move into CQB.

thanks all please reply

Sounds like the weapon change is causing A2 ( not ACE ) to unload your rifle. Have you tried just reloading it?

One thing though. Not 100% keen on sniper getting into CQB, much less having to lug around a MG and ammo for that. It may be that your mission requires that, but seems very odd. Normally a sharpshooter would hang back and cover their teammates during a sweep. If ( and only IF ) I had to dual-role my sniper, I'd take a fast shooting pistol ( Glock-18 ), SMG, or if I really wanted to hurt people - a 12-gauge shotgun with buckshot.

hi thanks for the reply im sorry i do normaly if poss take a enemy machine gun if im passing one and thats normaly only if an enemy does manage to get close to me yes you are correct snipers normally hang back thats what i do.

i have a machine gun incase ;) as most of the time i play on public servers and others aint to keen on being my spotter for support as they want to run and gun.

and yes i have reloading which it does do fine just still wont allow me to bring up scope or fire i have to drop weapon then pick it back up.

i will try to make a test mission if thats ok with you :).

thanks again and keep up the brilliant work its the best mod ever well for me any ways.

thanks

I saw this thread and noticed he has the names wickedly wrong, and it's a pain in the ass to read.

Here is an updated version with the names correctly listed:

//////////////// ACE Insurgent Class Names //////////////////////////////////

[u][b]Insurgents:[/b][/u]

Insurgent 1 1st
"ACE_Ins_1_1";

Insurgent 1 2nd
"ACE_Ins_2_5";

Insurgent 2
"ACE_Ins_2_1"

Insurgent 3
"ACE_Ins_2_10"

Insurgent 4
"ACE_Ins_3_3"

Insurgent 5
"ACE_Ins_3_10"

[u][b]Anti-Air Gunner:[/b][/u]

Insurgent AAG1
"ACE_Ins_2_8"

Insurgent AAG2
"ACE_Ins_3_4"

[u][b]Automatic Rifleman:[/b][/u]

Insurgent AR1
"ACE_Ins_1_5"

Insurgent AR2
"ACE_Ins_2_2"

Insurgent AR3
"ACE_Ins_3_2"

Insurgent AR4
"ACE_Ins_3_7"

[u][b]Leader:[/b][/u]

Insurgent L1
"ACE_Ins_3_8"

Insurgent L2
"ACE_Ins_3_9"

[u][b]Medic:[/b][/u]

Insurgent M1
"ACE_Ins_1_4"

[u][b]RPG Gunner:[/b][/u]

Insurgent RPGG1
"ACE_Ins_1_2"

Insurgent RPGG2
"ACE_Ins_2_4"

Insurgent RPGG3A
"ACE_Ins_3_5"

Insurgent RPGG3B
"ACE_Ins_2_9"

[u][b]RPG Gunner Assistant:[/b][/u]

Insurgent RPGGA1
"ACE_Ins_1_3"

Insurgent RPGGA2
"ACE_Ins_2_6"

Insurgent RPGGA3
"ACE_Ins_3_6"

[u][b]Sniper:[/b][/u]

Insurgent S1
"ACE_Ins_2_3"

Insurgent S2
"ACE_Ins_2_7"

Insurgent S3
"ACE_Ins_3_1"

Edited by Manzilla

Thanks Manzilla, thats what i was looking for !

My pleasure. The one posted earlier was bugging me too much whenever I needed to know the class names.

If someone else can put this on the BIKI for me, once again, I'd appreciate it. I've tried to add class names there when ACE2 was first released and I never could figure out how. I just posted a link to a .txt file in the BIKI. ;)

Hmmm.. I wonder if looking at the ACE2 Features page, which also tells you how to use said features, and referring to the Missile Guidance section might help.

BINGO!

Nice job on looking for the answer before asking someone to find it for you (took 3 seconds).

Also be nice if it worked like it said, and people wern't so sarcastic in here. Still can't get reliable performance from any hellfires, even after ready the wiki, dev-heaven logs and this entire forum thread

Loving the mod, but hating the gunships now - worthless bits of metal

~Z~

LOAL is simply broken atm, and will probably remain that way until later dev-builds and v1.1 release.

LOBL has been working reliable in our tests, but not against T90 with Shtora ;)

Just testing some around,

AH-1, AGM114-K reliably hitting targets, targets are T72B's.

AH-64, AGM114-L (Default is K) are most reliable with right click lock on, and should ensure victory :)

This is with latest builds, ["cba","ace","acex","six"],[[[0,3,0,78],-1],[[1,0,3,273],-1],[[1,0,3,198],-1],[[1,0,0,137], -1]

Bug reports needs more than a video though. What vehicle are you firing at, what is your arma2.rpt output (Any errors in there ?), what other mods are you running, what versions of each mod, etc. etc..

We'll look into valid reports: http://dev-heaven.net/projects/ace-mod2/wiki/Bugz

Edited by Sickboy