Sign in to follow this  
sickboy

A.C.E. Advanced Combat Environment - Public Beta *2*!

Setting...

Scanning_Method = 0;

...in...

.\UserConfig\ACE\ace_clientside_config.hpp

...should make it only appear if you press SPACE.

I updated to v266 today. I see that the MPMissions folder is no empty (actually non-existent). I did a quick search through the forums and wiki sites, but maybe missed where we get the MPMissions that are specific to ACE.

I do have the older v256 MPMissions. Maybe they are not getting updated anymore? Any help would be appreciated.

So what?

I'm talking about value 2 option.

It worked fine, in the same missions (multiplayer) till the last update. It is confirmed by about 10 players.

I updated to v266 today. I see that the MPMissions folder is no empty (actually non-existent). I did a quick search through the forums and wiki sites, but maybe missed where we get the MPMissions that are specific to ACE..

I saw MPmissions in ACE/store/ directory

So what?

LOL, yes of course, we're only here to talk about your problems.

I don't know what you are for.

This thread is to discuss ACE2, especially issues. So I do.

Hi......with AH 64 Apache , me in pilot seat and AI in gunner position, I have no problem with TAB targeting hellfires in Manual Mode, but with AH1 I cant target with manual mode , I can only target when I cancel manual mode but then I can only fire Hydra missiles. Is this a bug or am I doing something wrong??

So what?

It worked fine, in the same missions (multiplayer) till the last update. It is confirmed by about 10 players.

I saw MPmissions in ACE/store/ directory

Are you talking about "mpmissions.tar"? So I guess we need to get a .tar reader and extract them? I have not seen anything in the changelog that this is the new procedure. What did I miss?

I don't know what you are for.

This thread is to discuss ACE2, especially issues. So I do.

He's answering somebody else, who has a similar problem.

Nice attitude. Good luck with the support.

Ahh. So it was misunderstanding from my side.

There is nothing to say except of "I'm really sorry".

Are you talking about "mpmissions.tar"? So I guess we need to get a .tar reader and extract them? I have not seen anything in the changelog that this is the new procedure. What did I miss?

Tar is a quite popular archive format. It's supported by TotalCommander for example.

Thanks MaXyM. That seems to have worked. Looks like the missions are now stored under the store folder in mpmissions.tar.

Friends what procedure to do RopeAttachment in ACE, a cake recipe would be ideal because I always want to do this and I do not like.

ACE_canFastrope = 1;

ACE_RopeAttachment [] = ((-0.86,3.5, -21.7), (0.62,3.5, -21.8 }};

Where I would have to insert these lines for fast rope work.

If someone can help ... thank now

Setting...

Scanning_Method = 0;

...in...

.\UserConfig\ACE\ace_clientside_config.hpp

...should make it only appear if you press SPACE.

THANK YOU very much sir.

I salute you.

Please forgive me and my newbie ignorance, but I have a couple of questions if anyone would like to answer.

1. Does this mod add new units or new weapons besides the nuke? For example - early model Migs?

2. With Hearts of Iron III I can have both modded and unmodded games by copying the install directory and launching from the specific exectuable. Can I do this with Arma II (I'm guessing "no" since it writes to the My Doc directories).

3. Does this mod make the game run a bit slower since it adds a lot of extra detail?

4. Is there an option to make everything 1.5x or 2x normal size? One of my older flight simulators did this and it made the game a bit more satisfying since I could see things easier from air.

I couldn't find this having been an issue befere.

I would like to have the little diamands over my groups units with the respective number. To me, that makes it easier to lead a group.

ACE disable that by default. Is there any way to make this active? In the ace_clientside_config.hpp is no such option, unfortunately.

Should I better post this as a feature request on devheaven.net?

Hi......with AH 64 Apache , me in pilot seat and AI in gunner position, I have no problem with TAB targeting hellfires in Manual Mode, but with AH1 I cant target with manual mode , I can only target when I cancel manual mode but then I can only fire Hydra missiles. Is this a bug or am I doing something wrong??

Im using Ace 266 version

Please forgive me and my newbie ignorance, but I have a couple of questions if anyone would like to answer.

1. Does this mod add new units or new weapons besides the nuke? For example - early model Migs?

2. With Hearts of Iron III I can have both modded and unmodded games by copying the install directory and launching from the specific exectuable. Can I do this with Arma II (I'm guessing "no" since it writes to the My Doc directories).

3. Does this mod make the game run a bit slower since it adds a lot of extra detail?

4. Is there an option to make everything 1.5x or 2x normal size? One of my older flight simulators did this and it made the game a bit more satisfying since I could see things easier from air.

First of all welcome to ARMA 2, hope you enjoy the game.

I'm going to try to answer your questions to the best of my abilities so here it goes,

1. Yes, this modification adds much more than just a tactical nuke. It adds weapons and new optics such as the M60, M4 "ShortDot", M109, and much more. The modification also adds units such as the US Army, Middle Eastern Insurgents, US Army Armor such as the M2 Bradley and Stryker, US Army helicopters such as the famous Black Hawk and MH 6 Little Bird, and Russian Armor such as the BMD-1 RU Paratrooper (I believe). Unfortunately no early model Migs are featured in ACEmod you might want to check the Vietnam Projects in ARMA 2 - Addons Discussion (WIP).

2. Yes, you can have multiple executables that link to the root ARMA 2 folder so you can add different mods to each by setting their launch options.

3. This is my opinion, but I believe may decrease a few frames per second because of its true advanced combat environment essence.

4. Kind of yes, kind of no. On certain aircraft and on the ground you can use the right mouse button to zoom in about 4 times normal vision. Of course magnification optics such as a rifle scope, ACOG, Binoculars, Laser Marker, even a Tank Gunner's Scope also will do the magnifying job you need. Most aircraft are not equipped with magnifying optics.

Hope I could help and gave you your desired answers.

Sorry if this has been asked before: is there a simple way to disable the group markers from showing on the map for only certain groups, not all of them? Thanks

Hello,

I've got an issue with the thermal imaging...

Not the thing where you can't activate caused by the team switch, no, it's absolutely not usable when activated.

When I try to use the flir in night environment and i turn it on it's only like extreme black or extreme white, there's no way to adjust the sensitivity.

I already tried to use pgup/pgdn like the wiki tells me.

Maybe the thermal imaging is still wip and it's not yet possible to change the sensitivity, I don't know...

I would really appreciate your help about this.

Thanks in advance and sorry for bad grammar and mistakes.

Greetings

n0pp3

I can't seem to find any info about the proper procedure for Agm 114 laser guidance. In the original ace, I remember that if a target was being lazed by ground forces, the missile could be set to the desired firing mode and launched. Provided you were aiming in the general direction of the target, the missile would hit the target.

I can't seem to get this to work with the new system. 3 friends and I tried with most of the helicopter variants with the same results, the laser projected from the ground is completely ignored. Is there something else i'm missing?

Hello,

I've got an issue with the thermal imaging...

Not the thing where you can't activate caused by the team switch, no, it's absolutely not usable when activated.

When I try to use the flir in night environment and i turn it on it's only like extreme black or extreme white, there's no way to adjust the sensitivity.

I already tried to use pgup/pgdn like the wiki tells me.

Maybe the thermal imaging is still wip and it's not yet possible to change the sensitivity, I don't know...

I would really appreciate your help about this.

Thanks in advance and sorry for bad grammar and mistakes.

Greetings

n0pp3

Just wait for Operation Arrowhead and proper FLIR. The current stuff is just a placeholder.

By the way, anyone know the classname for the M136 AT4 CS? It's not in the wiki :rolleyes:

ferris-bueller-boring.gif?t=1266486180

Edited by AnimalMother92

Im using Ace 266 version

That's because the Apache uses fire and forget missiles while Cobras use laser guided hellfires, which have to be designated with the onboard laser by the gunner.

I can't seem to find any info about the proper procedure for Agm 114 laser guidance. In the original ace, I remember that if a target was being lazed by ground forces, the missile could be set to the desired firing mode and launched. Provided you were aiming in the general direction of the target, the missile would hit the target.

I can't seem to get this to work with the new system. 3 friends and I tried with most of the helicopter variants with the same results, the laser projected from the ground is completely ignored. Is there something else i'm missing?

Yes that's because it's not finished yet. Just be patient.

Edited by King Homer