Sign in to follow this  
sickboy

A.C.E. Advanced Combat Environment - Public Beta *2*!

Check the docs, functions changed. For example I had to replace the call to ace_sys_ruck_fnc_API_PackMagazine with a call to ACE_fnc_PackMagazine (same parameters)
Ahh good call Robalo!! The syntax change broke all of our missions great! Well at least I know how to fix them. Thank goodness for Notepad++

Thanks,

WH_Boomer

I'm glad that you found the problem was just the function name change.

The old functions were cleaned up too soon, I'm sorry about that.

Edited by Evil_Echo

Radar should actually only work for AH64 (Longbow). On AH1 you can still click, but the missile should lock on your laser target, not radar.

Not sure why we havent disabled radar completely but I think it's a technical limitation.

Latest Progress report

Edited by Sickboy

All In One Config (Single config with all classes from ArmA 2 and ACE 2),

and ACE public functions (like CBA) Documentation available now at the ACE tech-wiki

and ACE public functions (like CBA) Documentation available now at the ACE tech-wiki

The DL link doesn't work. It wont give me access. Thanks for this, I needed it!

The DL link doesn't work. It wont give me access. Thanks for this, I needed it!

I think you all know where to download the A.C.E Mod anyway :)

Anyway, will be sorted.

Is there any way to place "ACE_BombCrater" and that stuff on the ground?

Any news about the ACE wounding system?

Last thing i heard about it was the expired state for the ticket.

Any news about the ACE wounding system?

Last thing i heard about it was the expired state for the ticket.

Wounding fixes and changes have been ongoing.

My group plays it every day without issue, albeit without respawn, but wounds respawn issues have been resolved in the meantime too.

If it is set to expired, it means you have been unable to supply requested feedback, making it impossible for us to determine either issue, or fix.

Adding the requested info, would allow us to properly close / handle the ticket.

Nobody noticed that the damages of all weapons where drastically reduced since last friday update? .

Before, you can easy kill for example with a single shot a target at 1km with tac-50, and now even a target at 5m with a headshot of a DMR simply puts the unit unconscious, and you need 2 shot of the tac-50 SD to kill a target at 600m. (NOTE: Ace wounds ON)

It's that normal, a bug or temporal? ( i didn't report it as a bug yet because i don't know if that was done on purpose)

And other question, the ruck system is still been developed? It's okey like it is now, but i think that would be a good idea a way to drop your rucksack to a friendly unit and that he can catch it.

Right now its imposible because the ruck contents are stored on your soldier, so even if you throw your rucksack if you pick up any other rucksack you will get the same contents that you had in the previus one.

I also noticed that, i always play with ACE wounding system and now it's harder to kill. Maybe is good for PvP, but its really annoying for coop :mad:

Wounding fixes and changes have been ongoing.

My group plays it every day without issue, albeit without respawn, but wounds respawn issues have been resolved in the meantime too.

If it is set to expired, it means you have been unable to supply requested feedback, making it impossible for us to determine either issue, or fix.

Adding the requested info, would allow us to properly close / handle the ticket.

Nice to hear, that your still working on it. I love the wounding system.

Sorry, I expressed wrong. I didnt mean my ticket. It was an older one (by Xeno?). I just have made too many thoughts and was a little bit worried ;)

I think you all know where to download the A.C.E Mod anyway :)

Anyway, will be sorted.

Not the ACE2 Mod itself but the actual function list. It's easier for me to copy n' paste from a file.

It's all good though!

---------- Post added at 09:04 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:58 AM ----------

Ok, the WP grenade problem was due to a conflict with AAW, the Australian weapons mod. This apparently interferes with the ACE grenades. So if anyone is using that and can't use ACE grenades, you know why. It's going to get fixed in the next AAW update.

Wow thanks for pointing this out!! I was wondering what the hell was going on! See folks, the search works like a charm!!! ;)

Look into @ACE\store.

There you'll find mpmissions.tar

You can unpack it with 7z for example.

Xeno

Thank you, I did notice it there and extracted it.

talking about the wounding system , I don't get the exact use of epinephrine , It used to stop cardiac arrest , but now it seems that an unit can need epineprhine and not be unconcious

im confused about something...

i can't seem to get the grenade launchers sites to appear. i press shift v and instead of some kind of GL site appearing my guy just does the stepover animation (which is obviously linked with the V key)

does anyone have any suggestions on how to get it working or is it just permanently broken/not working ?

im running latest version of ACE 2 btw

im confused about something...

i can't seem to get the grenade launchers sites to appear. i press shift v and instead of some kind of GL site appearing my guy just does the stepover animation (which is obviously linked with the V key)

does anyone have any suggestions on how to get it working or is it just permanently broken/not working ?

im running latest version of ACE 2 btw

uh. try the button to bring sights up? right mouse by default, isnt it? unless im missing something, shift v gives sight adjustment, and the grenade launchers dont have that kind of adjustment.

GL uses shift + 0 (numpad). Shift + V is only for sniper rifles.

The keybindings listed in the Wiki seems outdated. If you look in the file arma 2\userconfig\ace\ace_keys.hpp you can see the current keybindings.

Edited by Johan S

cheers !!!

hello, that passage with the updates of Monday? it seems that we returned to the worse problem from ace of arma 1 where to the enemy tapeworms that to stick 4 shots to him or but to kill them: S. rifles of snipers at a distance no longer is effective, is necessary to shoot 2 shots to kill….

greetings.

hello, that passage with the updates of Monday? it seems that we returned to the worse problem from ace of arma 1 where to the enemy tapeworms that to stick 4 shots to him or but to kill them: S. rifles of snipers at a distance no longer is effective, is necessary to shoot 2 shots to kill….

greetings.

Create a ticket at DH maybe? Devs don't get bug reports here.

The keybindings listed in the Wiki seems outdated. If you look in the file arma 2\userconfig\ace\ace_keys.hpp you can see the current keybindings.

Wiki keybindings updated.

Is that the app key in the ace_keys.hpp? It's at the end of that list. 221 I think.

nope not that got a new keyboard today with 2 windows keys, none work with Ace or the mando missiles :confused:

Wiki keybindings updated.

Great, thanks!

talking about the wounding system , I don't get the exact use of epinephrine , It used to stop cardiac arrest , but now it seems that an unit can need epineprhine and not be unconcious

Epi increases you blood pressure and heart frequency in real life (and other things, but they arent important for ACE I think...). And also nearly every person that has been reanimated needs epi because the blood pressure and heart frequency is stil low. if you dont increase them it could be that the person is getting unconscious again.

And if you lose a lot of blood the both values will decrease also. So you need epi again.