Sign in to follow this  
sickboy

A.C.E. Advanced Combat Environment - Public Beta *2*!

Hi ACE team.

Whats the plan with the combat helo's? I've loked at your Issues lists, and seen you have work to do on these still.....

I've tried various flavours of the Cobra and Apache, and the hellfires just don't work.

Apache:

Tried manual fire - will lock but not guide

Tried with human gunner - can get double lock but no guide

Tried with ground based laser designator, with and without gunner - no guide

Cobra: (forget which, sorry)

Hellfires won't lock at all.

Hope you fix it soon - as I love what you've done with everything else...

~Z~

Hi ACE team.

Whats the plan with the combat helo's? I've loked at your Issues lists, and seen you have work to do on these still.....

I've tried various flavours of the Cobra and Apache, and the hellfires just don't work.

Apache:

Tried manual fire - will lock but not guide

Tried with human gunner - can get double lock but no guide

Tried with ground based laser designator, with and without gunner - no guide

Cobra: (forget which, sorry)

Hellfires won't lock at all.

Hope you fix it soon - as I love what you've done with everything else...

~Z~

It seems that with human gunner, it's quite close to real life but IA can't handle the guidance and lase Hellfire into the sky ...

ACE team maybe should have a look to chopper's IA gunner.

No Hellfire guidance for me either. Without meaning to sound rude, I recommend leaving this system out of ACE2 until it's fully functional.

Without it, we can simply add a laser designator the Apache, and thereby have a fairly realistic system of locking vehicles and also manual guidance onto any ground target.

whats the unit name for spawning desert USMC units for the ambient combat module? for where in the code it says units to be spawned? as well as if anyone else knows how to make your unit spawn with a different weapon at the beginning of the mission?

My question with the heli systems is if it can be turned off. To be honest, I'm pretty satisfied with MMA and would prefer to use that instead of your system. Just something to think about. I'll open a ticket in the future if I don't see anything about it.

Thanks for the newest version! Everything works great in my SP missions. Thanks fellas!

When are the hellfires going to be fixed?

You dont even read some posts above you before posting? Sigh...

You dont even read some posts above you before posting? Sigh...

:butbut: No way!!!! ;)

Did something change with the ruck system? Missions that I've created using the ruck, now have an empty ruck, which in effect breaks every mission I've created since version 231. YIKES!!

Good thing I learned a few years back to always make a back-up before "upgrading". Looks like we'll stay at 231 for a while longer.

~S~

WH_Boomer

What method were you using to load your rucks?

If not the currently documented API functions, then please try those. If you are - then please create a ticket and include your mission and RPT files.

Hey seems like my question was lost somewhere...

So does Mateck's M1A1 model still contains the same random markings as the standalone one? Are the script names the same?

Anyway to find what FN key on a logitech 3200 keyboard is ?

I have no right windows key but do have an FN key.

Anyway to find what FN key on a logitech 3200 keyboard is ?

I have no right windows key but do have an FN key.

Is that the app key in the ace_keys.hpp? It's at the end of that list. 221 I think.

Nobody noticed that the damages of all weapons where drastically reduced since last friday update? .

Before, you can easy kill for example with a single shot a target at 1km with tac-50, and now even a target at 5m with a headshot of a DMR simply puts the unit unconscious, and you need 2 shot of the tac-50 SD to kill a target at 600m. (NOTE: Ace wounds ON)

It's that normal, a bug or temporal? ( i didn't report it as a bug yet because i don't know if that was done on purpose)

And other question, the ruck system is still been developed? It's okey like it is now, but i think that would be a good idea a way to drop your rucksack to a friendly unit and that he can catch it.

Right now its imposible because the ruck contents are stored on your soldier, so even if you throw your rucksack if you pick up any other rucksack you will get the same contents that you had in the previus one.

Yep and that was the last time the ruck system worked, at least without breaking the medic system which happened with 240'something. So we've decided to stick with what works with all of our missions.

Check the docs, functions changed. For example I had to replace the call to ace_sys_ruck_fnc_API_PackMagazine with a call to ACE_fnc_PackMagazine (same parameters)

Check the docs, functions changed. For example I had to replace the call to ace_sys_ruck_fnc_API_PackMagazine with a call to ACE_fnc_PackMagazine (same parameters)

Ahh good call Robalo!! The syntax change broke all of our missions great! Well at least I know how to fix them. Thank goodness for Notepad++

Thanks,

WH_Boomer

Ahh good call Robalo!! The syntax change broke all of our missions great! Well at least I know how to fix them. Thank goodness for Notepad++

Thanks,

WH_Boomer

I just had to do this as well. It's to see all the documentation in the WIKI

How do I go about removing the military symbols ( squad icons ) on the map?

It's probably in userconfig\ACE\ACE_Tracking.hpp.

I believe you can set in the init.sqf somehow to force it for a mission but I haven't figured out how to do that. Might be in the thread though or the WIKI

I can not disbale the radio chatter, any pointers?

I am editing the correct file I believe, the same one with the NOCROSS option in,

C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\arma 2\userconfig\ACE\ace_clientside_config.hpp

I removed the two // marks, but to no avail. On the flip side, enabling crossairs works just fine.

Thanks,

Mike.

I can not disbale the radio chatter, any pointers?

I am editing the correct file I believe, the same one with the NOCROSS option in,

C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\arma 2\userconfig\ACE\ace_clientside_config.hpp

I removed the two // marks, but to no avail. On the flip side, enabling crossairs works just fine.

Thanks,

Mike.

Try doing the ~\arma 2\@ACE\userconfig\ACE\ace_clientside_config.hpp

Userconfigs are read from arma 2\userconfig\ACE. Nowhere else.

Hey guys, you are doing great work with the mod.

I got a question since you removed the radar from some of the choppers. Why does some aircrafts still have it? Like the cobras, the su-25 and the a10. Some have thermal imaging yes, but no radar. And ground radar is only fitted on the f-35, the apache and ka-52 afaik.