Sign in to follow this  
sickboy

A.C.E. Advanced Combat Environment - Public Beta *2*!

Obviously someone never saw the "I can run further than ACE" challenge from the previous thread.

Post a vid of yourself in helmet, intercepter body armor, boots, ruck and let's say 44kg of gear in that ruck. Stand on the scales to prove the weight is legit, then run 1,000 meters at speed similar to A2 rates. Immediately afterwards recite the first 20 lines of your national constitution. Include a close-up of a nationally recognized ID card too.

People are complaining that ACE knocks them out after 100m of that weight, not 1000.

People are complaining that ACE knocks them out after 100m of that weight, not 1000.

Not in my experience, nothing like.

Can someone who worked on A.C.E try and get it working again, it's still got that stupid .dll error...

Any information about the missing "msvcrt-ruby18"?

As soon as iopened the updater a bunch of files were deleted and after that i'm getting this error after click update.

best regards

Ok I am having a problem with the six updater suite that I never had before. When the website browsers thing comes up I select ACE Vanilla and then install or update then hit execute and an error pops up saying that the program cant start because msvcrt-ruby18 is missing from my computer. Well I was just using this thing the other day. But I reinstalled the updater and this is still happening. What do I do?

Im getting this error too! I have never had any problems before. I ran the six updater GUI & it applied some updates then I get that error when I try to update ACE?! I tried reinstalling the six updater but its the same?? If someone knows how to fix this please reply!

Missing file... msvcrt-ruby18

Edited by Contact

I played as an engineer today. I kid you not, all I had was one weapon, some magazines, and I even dropped my backpack. I seriously could not sprint for more than 5 seconds before I passed out.

I even got stuck in some glitch where he lay on the floor forever catching his breath. A REAL soldier, as in, a man who has been TRAINED, can run for an extremely long distance with full weight.

Just to get into the british army, even at the most basic level, you must run 1.5 miles in about 11-15 minutes. If I was to attempt that in ACE, It would take about an hour. You don't even gradually wear out, you just start to get a little bit of blood pumping then you fall over...

On the other hand, being a special forces soldier enables you to run miles and miles non stop. It just seems like everything is too far. Reg soldiers should run much further than they can, and in fairness, special forces soldiers can run bloody far. But the regular soldiers, it is embarassing how quick they pass out.

Other than that, I only have a few issues with ace mod. I am a very big fan of it and really apreciate how much work has gone in to it, and I understand that me sitting here moaning doesn't help.

I'm just trying to voice my opinion, that is all.

I'm just trying to voice my opinion, that is all.

Instead of voicing your opinion, recreate the situation and report it as being a bug if you think it is that.

http://dev-heaven.net/wiki/ace-mod2/Bugz

I have have had 30kg of gear and easily been able to run 150-200 meters before I begin to get the random black flashes, so this sounds like some sort of unique condition.

Has ACE published the numerical values for how fatigue affects the typical classes? And perhaps quotes from that academic source would be nice too. It would clear up a lot. Right now we've got bugs, exaggerations, confusion and not a whole lot of actual data out there.

Obviously someone never saw the "I can run further than ACE" challenge from the previous thread.

Post a vid of yourself in helmet, intercepter body armor, boots, ruck and let's say 44kg of gear in that ruck. Stand on the scales to prove the weight is legit, then run 1,000 meters at speed similar to A2 rates. Immediately afterwards recite the first 20 lines of your national constitution. Include a close-up of a nationally recognized ID card too.

Great plan, can I borrow yours?

Has ACE published the numerical values for how fatigue affects the typical classes? And perhaps quotes from that academic source would be nice too. It would clear up a lot. Right now we've got bugs, exaggerations, confusion and not a whole lot of actual data out there.

There is nothing stopping you from viewing them yourself in the source. :)

Posting for a friend, he's getting this error message when trying to update, he's never had a problem before until recently. I've told him to uninstall the six updater and delete the folder in Appdata and any left over files from installation and install the new one and run it again. He's get the same error.

It's the very same error this poster has/had (http://forums.bistudio.com/showpost.php?p=1561697&postcount=3221), but didn't see a reply if he fixed or not.

Help would be very much appreciated :cool:

Sorry for bumping, anyone?, got us both stumped on it.

.DLL issue is now fixed. I think Sickboy came to the rescue in the nick of time. Sixupdater now updated with no issues.

Re updater msvcrt dll issues, if it would have been posted right away on the issue tracker, the issue would have been resolved yesterday.

But instead, it took you guys two hours to get it on the tracker, and then I was in bed. So you had to wait about 8 hours.

(Can't say we don't post about the issue trackers, regularly and often)

Not sure how many times you guys can go on about the Stamina system (Was pretty passé?).

There were really issues, and they were resolved.

How many times has it been explained that the blackouts or animations are there because we dont have many more options to impede the player? (Welcome to donate better effects any time though)

Besides, we have dealt with usable reports in a constructive manner, with calculations, motivations (Example), and what not, what more can we do.

If there are real issues, only a ticket with your arma2.rpt, list of addons, reproducable test mission, etc, can do anything about it..

Edited by Sickboy

okay, so i got the new update, build 247. and i was very excited to see the new raufoss rounds for the m107. only problem is, when i get different kinds of ammo for the m107, i cant load them into the rifle. ANY other rifle works fine, i have the option to "reload m110 tracer" into the m110, or any other weapon. but the M107 doesnt have the option for reloading tracers NOR the new raufoss ammunition. someone please help me!

Hey ace guys one questions.

How can I fill the rucksacks and the 2nd weapon solt per init syntax?

---------- Post added at 03:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:36 PM ----------

Please give me an example syntax.

guess when they are in a finished state. There is already a ticket on dev-heaven