Sign in to follow this  
sickboy

A.C.E. Advanced Combat Environment - Public Beta *2*!

I think if there has to be stamina I'd almost prefer BF2's sprinting style. You can run forever but only dash certain distances.

I've been out of the service for 12 years and I'd still be able to run further than ACE stamina allows you. lol

I smoke and take no exercise but I'm sure I'd never pass out from running.

I'd just stop running!

This stamina thing needs to be put to sleep forever.

I haven't encouter a single blackout in multiplayer since the time I play with ACE2. I guess I'm playing wrong then? :rolleyes:

Yes indeed but is that possible with the engine? Even if it is there should still be some other cue so it's not just can-run/cannot-run. As I understand it there's no way to vary the preset movement speeds dynamically.

Well there is already the heavy heartbeat + heavy breathing sound cues, so these with a forced walk (assuming viability of that method) would clue you in I expect. Bit of aim-shake too, until the unit is rested sufficiently would give another non-blackout limitation to deter you from running for miles.

Blackout is definitely an immersion-breaker, IMO ;)

I have to say it bothers me much less than I thought it would, there's something slightly cinematic about the way it cuts in and out but, yes, still rather artificial. I do think gradual blur would work better, I just wonder if they're trying to avoid over-using that effect as it's so widely applied in the various 'shell-shock' events.

I haven't encouter a single blackout in multiplayer since the time I play with ACE2. I guess I'm playing wrong then? :rolleyes:

Or playing on the right servers.

Thats because we are always carrying your stuff to avoid your moaning :p

I have tried it a few times but i have only myself to blame for that :D

hey say i wanted to use the new desert USMC units on a desert map for the ambient combat module. where can i find a list of the unit group to put in the init.sqf file? like for which units to spawn?

Or playing on the right servers.

Private coops with lots of coop missions. No evolution/domination. amidoinitrite?

Thats because we are always carrying your stuff to avoid your moaning :p

I have tried it a few times but i have only myself to blame for that :D

Oh it's you again. That one just one time and it was a single smaw rocket for you.. you could've just drop it on the way (and get us all killed later on) :p

How does one go about locking on to other air units with a sidewinder?

Ok I am having a problem with the six updater suite that I never had before. When the website browsers thing comes up I select ACE Vanilla and then install or update then hit execute and an error pops up saying that the program cant start because msvcrt-ruby18 is missing from my computer. Well I was just using this thing the other day. But I reinstalled the updater and this is still happening. What do I do?

Ok I am having a problem with the six updater suite that I never had before. When the website browsers thing comes up I select ACE Vanilla and then install or update then hit execute and an error pops up saying that the program cant start because msvcrt-ruby18 is missing from my computer. Well I was just using this thing the other day. But I reinstalled the updater and this is still happening. What do I do?

Same here!!!:(

msvcrt-ruby18 is missing...

Hi, I'm having the same issue with the updater missing a file. Already tried reinstalling to no avail.

It must be a server thing then or something

probably

I did update at 22:55... run ok

and after 2mins friend tried to update and error...

When I try update now I recieve same error to...

Private coops with lots of coop missions. No evolution/domination. amidoinitrite?

They may have the ACENoStamina Module, which is what he meant.

And I still can't tell whether Blacking Out means unconsciousness or just 'screen flash and fall down.'

Same missing msvcrt-ruby18.dll error for me. My Six-Updater launcher installed updates, then this happened. Now in tool\ruby\bin folder is msvcrt-ruby191.dll. Dunno about before, but appears maybe six-updater looking for old file?

I've been out of the service for 12 years and I'd still be able to run further than ACE stamina allows you. lol

Obviously someone never saw the "I can run further than ACE" challenge from the previous thread.

Post a vid of yourself in helmet, intercepter body armor, boots, ruck and let's say 44kg of gear in that ruck. Stand on the scales to prove the weight is legit, then run 1,000 meters at speed similar to A2 rates. Immediately afterwards recite the first 20 lines of your national constitution. Include a close-up of a nationally recognized ID card too.

Edited by Evil_Echo

Immediately afterwards recite the first 20 lines of your national constitution. Include a close-up of a nationally recognized ID card too.

Whats the purpose of that? (and who can recite the first 20 lines of the national constitution?)

Same missing msvcrt-ruby18.dll error for me. My Six-Updater launcher installed updates, then this happened. Now in tool\ruby\bin folder is msvcrt-ruby191.dll. Dunno about before, but appears maybe six-updater looking for old file?

Some problem.. waht fixed ?

Obviously someone never saw the "I can run further than ACE" challenge from the previous thread.

Post a vid of yourself in helmet, intercepter body armor, boots, ruck and let's say 44kg of gear in that ruck.

lets stay serious...no soldier today and in the last decade has or had more than 10kg in his daypack, if he wears one anyway.

How long until the msvcrt-ruby18.dll is fixed, I've only just got my internet back on and my hard drive got messed up, so I had to re-install everything and when I try to re-install ACE it comes up with that error, bug after bug after bug. :(