Sign in to follow this  
sickboy

A.C.E. Advanced Combat Environment - Public Beta *2*!

WIP Dialog for M23 MBC for (potential) use with the M224 60mm mortar system.

Click for big:

M23_small.jpg

Don't worry, you wont have to use all those buttons... :p and the mud may or may not be included. ;)

Excellent NouberNou, thanks! Will this work with AI gunners? That would be wicked.

as I already said , I love your contribution to ace Nou ! can't wai to see map plus and the mortar system in action

Someone wipe my keyboard ! Noubernou that is LOVELY!

Keep up the good work !

How do you use the spotting scope? And what does the panic key do?

Hi @LL, is there a way to disable the debug console? or just make that it doesnt appear in the "ESC" menu? found nothing in the wiki :<

ok guys i have BIG problem

http://img39.imageshack.us/img39/350/96755345.jpg

everytime when im trying to uptade/download my ace folders 6uptader freezing on "trying rsyn"

i tried turn off firewall,turn off nod32 - didnt help

i tried to download all ace2's files via 6uptader- didnt help , trying rsync still

i tried to download ace2's files manualy - didnt help , trying rsync also

do you have any ideas what is wrong?

i have router maybe the problem is in forwarding ports?

Jman;1552586']I have this issue. I can tell you that Six Updater does not work with nod32 AV. It is not enough to disable nod32 to get six updater to work you have to uninstall it' date=' something that I was not prepared to do - thats why we host a Yoma addon sync server for ACE2. You could try updating to the most recent version of NOD32 and see what happens, I use version 2.7 though as that revision was and still is the best version of nod32 to date. Them's your choices.[/quote']

Don't know anything about nod32.AV and I have no idea if my comment will be helpful. But this is what I do to update my ACE 2 mod.

1) go to the START menu and look for the folder "SIX" (on my computer anyway)

2) Open the folder and look for "SixUpdater-Update Ruby Gems". Run this.

3) When this is completed go back and look for "Six Updater-Console. Run this and go get a snack. I can take a few minutes to update.

Seems the short cut on the desktop does not take all this into consideration. Hope this helps.

Edited by ChiefRedCloud

How do you use the spotting scope? And what does the panic key do?

Put down the scope on the ground (via the action menu). You can now see the scope on the ground. Walk close to it, and choose "Enter scope", or something similar, also from the action menu.

And wasn't the panic button thing answered already? It seems it doesn't do anything at all.

Got a few suggestions for the newest build:

Medics don't carry plasma, but we do carry normal saline, lactated ringers, and hextend.

Also, epipens are for severe allergic reactions. Are you thinking of atropine? That's used for slow and absent heart rate.

As for bandages, I've got a lot of kerlix rolled gauze and Emergency Trauma Bandages, or Israeli Dressings. Also carry a couple of abdominal pads and occlusive hyphen chest seals and chest needles.

Lastly, Tourniquets. They're step one for controlling bleeding now, they should have their own graphic.

http://www.narescue.com/liCombat-Application-Tourniquet-C-A-T--C145.aspx

Anyway, I'd love to give more input if you need it on what a medic should carry, I think they should have more stuff when you place them in the editor without having to run to a medical supply crate, and then there were a couple of things that didn't make any sense.

Put down the scope on the ground (via the action menu). You can now see the scope on the ground. Walk close to it, and choose "Enter scope", or something similar, also from the action menu.

And wasn't the panic button thing answered already? It seems it doesn't do anything at all.

I've mounted the scope once deployed, but cannot look thru it. Is it not implemented yet?

I've mounted the scope once deployed, but cannot look thru it. Is it not implemented yet?

try crawling around it, you should see a "Enter spottingscope as gunner" action, so click that.

I already said I tried that. But I can't see through the scope once I mount it.

How do you get medics and corpsman to heal you in ACE2? I have no option to order them too and they dont seem to care about my profuse bleeding and broken leg.

I already said I tried that. But I can't see through the scope once I mount it.

You need to use weapons view once you have "entered" the scope to look through it. Default Num 0, or whatever you have mapped it to. Then you can look through it and also zoom in/out.

How do you get medics and corpsman to heal you in ACE2? I have no option to order them too and they dont seem to care about my profuse bleeding and broken leg.

I second this, the 'Examine' option in the radial menu does nothing, though the 'Gear' and the 'Rehab' (whatever that is) do sort of work.

I'm doing the same campaign as CombatComm, and cant use any of the medical equipment.

Man... the medic system seems to have got overly complex, over ACE1 I think...

It's almost the same as in ACE 1 , did you put the module ?

Edited by luckyhendrix

Excellent NouberNou, thanks! Will this work with AI gunners? That would be wicked.

While we do not know the extent of AI control for the artillery pieces yet, this would be able to facilitate AI controlled batteries in its features. There is the ability for this device (in real life) to connect to DMD and other digital messengers.

While we do not know the extent of AI control for the artillery pieces yet, this would be able to facilitate AI controlled batteries in its features. There is the ability for this device (in real life) to connect to DMD and other digital messengers.

hanks. That's great to hear.

madbull did a really nice artillery program except the AI can't fire the cannon.

Im talking about AI medics and corpsman. Does anyone know how to get them to do there job?? Im dieing over here, litterally and figurativly.

Im talking about AI medics and corpsman. Does anyone know how to get them to do there job?? Im dieing over here, litterally and figurativly.

Select the unit(F-whatever). Then hit 6, then usually 1.(It will say Heal unit.) But the AI medic needs to be equipped with the Bandages, etc. If you want them to heal you just hit 5 then 4.(No unit should be selected.)

Mine usually do it automatically though.

weird. I dunno whats wrong with mine than... Rucksacks should count right? All of my medics gear is in his rucksack, maybe AI cant access that..

I might not know how many rounds are in any one magazine, but surely I must know how many magazines I have? :)

Also, I note that before the most recent update my AA and AT squad member's icons would let me know their weapon status via a little icon-within-icon, but now that info has gone. The icon-within-icon is still there, but it no longer disappears once the weapon is used and empty. Can anyone confirm the correct activity of these?

any word on the outlook of any additional upcoming 160th SOAR heli's? Any hints, bad puns, DaVinci Code-esque clues?

weird. I dunno whats wrong with mine than... Rucksacks should count right? All of my medics gear is in his rucksack, maybe AI cant access that..

Nope. Gotta be equipped. Not in a ruck.