Sign in to follow this  
sickboy

A.C.E. Advanced Combat Environment - Public Beta *2*!

Srry guys. I was editing the wrong one. I was doing it to the @ACE config instead of the one in the main directory.

Thx for all the help. Much appreciated!

What is your skill setting?

Check this suggestion as well. It can be disable in the A2 option menu.

---------- Post added at 10:37 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:36 AM ----------

Srry guys. I was editing the wrong one. I was doing it to the @ACE config instead of the one in the main directory.

Thx for all the help. Much appreciated!

Not a problem. Enjoy.

Enable map causes all maps removed from units so you have to add them to the units you want. I believe that's what Xeno or someone mentioned. The name seems a little backwards to me. ;)

EDIT:

I could be completely wrong about this though. I can't seem to find the post now but I thought I read it.

yer that dont make sence? ok thanks i wait out on tht :) oh and thanks Manzilla for telling me about NORRN fastrope tho just my luck in guys getting injured dismounting from a helo i ended up with 2 dead fast roping black hawk down style(where tht ranger fell from the rope):butbut:

If you have a AI pilot as a gunner, he wont be targeting armored vehicles? Atleast not with Hellfire. Is this a bug or a feature? Is there another way to make him switch to Hellfire instead of the cannon without using "Manual fire"?

Sorry if this have been answered, but couldn't find it. (Tried searching but all those questions about fastroping pretty much invaded me)

Regards,

-PG-

With ACE2 you are supposed to always use manual fire when using missiles. Although you may be able to reveal a target by holding right click (difficult as hell when flying) and then using the 6 and 3 menus to order hi to switch and fire.

Hey guys!

This morning I played on the UK server "Satan's" something...

I was having problems during a warfare session to get the rucksacks to work while for others, they worked... :S

I bought one rucksak, the largest one, selected one item in the "gear" section, but I could'nt click on the "pack" button. Both "pack" and "unpack" were not clickable so nothing happened. Talked to a guy on the server about this and he spoke about a bug or something. At first I thought it was because I had selected to play as a sniper class, but that shouldn't be a cause?

I was playing with a mate and he hadnt seen the effects of m203 CN gas yet, so I fired one and with both rolled/ran around in it. I got the effect, however, he was unaffected by it. Anyone else has this? I'm guessing that is not normal behaviour? I will do more testing.

Added¶

* Userconfig outdated warning [tcp]

Good idea! Thanks for the update.

I bought one rucksak, the largest one, selected one item in the "gear" section, but I could'nt click on the "pack" button. Both "pack" and "unpack" were not clickable so nothing happened.

The item must be in your inventory to pack them, can´t do straight from the list.

Or it´s a bug :P

Am I the only person who is TOTALLY confused as to how to actually install this?

I mean all the links seem to go to somewhere where you can't actually download anything, the only thing I can download on the site is the Six Updater which seems to simply open and close without actually doing anyting.

Edited by EBass

Am I the only person who is TOTALLY confused as to how to actually install this?

How much documentation must be provided? Good lord....

First link.

Second one.

Both accessible from the first post of the topic. Plus a quick search of this topic for install would have brought up about a few dozen other results.

I mean all the links seem to go to somewhere where you can't actually download anything, the only thing I can download on the site is the Six Updater which seems to simply open and close without actually doing anyting.

No, you're not the only one by any means. Although i've yet to come across anyone that hasn't been able to install ACE at all, most people struggle at first.

Most newcomers don't want reams of documentation either, they just want a simple, foolproof page telling them step by step how to install ACE2 and get it running smoothly. It's all fun and games from there. Certainly would have helped me.

The item must be in your inventory to pack them, can´t do straight from the list.

Or it´s a bug :P

They were in the inventory! Mags, grenades, binocs, earplugs, you name it... :(

The pack/unpack going grey has happened to me lots and lots and lots. I think it has been though when i played SP and switched team mates back and forth as i played SP missions. This is the only time i notice it happening.

Kellys ACE Server & YAS Repository updated to b.222

**Kelly's Heroes ACE2 YAS AddonSync AutoConfig URL sponsored by Nat & Whisper

http://www.kellys-heroes.eu/updater/ArmA2ACE-Repository/ArmA2ACE-Repo.7z

**Kelly's Heroes Community YAS AddonSync AutoConfig URL sponsored by Nat & Whisper

http://www.kellys-heroes.eu/updater/ArmA2Community-Repository/ArmA2Community-Repo.7z

Note that the URLs above are case-sensitive so pls make sure you entered exactly as provided above.

YAS users: Do not forget to remove extra files through YAS.

I downloaded six updater, chose a couple of options on the main page, clicked ok & it downloaded ACE core & all the extra stuff & put it neatly into folders for me, all I had to do (figured this part myself) was type the usual modfolder thing into the target line & it all works! :)

How much documentation must be provided? Good lord....

How much? A whole lot less.

Hey guys,

First off: awesome, awesome mod. Really loving it, and I've only begun to scratch at the surface!

One question though: under ACE2, ARMA 2's command module does not seem to work. I've tried searching the forum/thread for some more info, but didn't find anything. Am I doing anything wrong or is this a known bug?

Regards,

X.

Yes yes thats all well and good when the system actually works. But when I get to the page it doesent give me any presets to choose, indeed theres nothing to choose at all and if I try to resynchronise it crashes. I'm sure its an excellent mod but this has gotta be the most convoluted install process I've ever come across.

There's as much or as less documentation as anyone would like to be.

There's the short and simple video: http://updater.dev-heaven.net/main/vid

There's the lazy method: http://dev-heaven.net/wiki/ace-mod2/Lazy

And there's the longer/advanced ways (with a quick-alternative aswell): http://dev-heaven.net/wiki/six-arma-updater/Documentation#Usage

There's even 3rd party ways, like the Yoma Addon Sync repositories by KellysHeroes: http://forums.bistudio.com/showpost.php?p=1549930&postcount=2366

Otherwise, there's always the "Skip the Beta Development Cycle, and wait for the first Stable release" option...

For those still wondering about the hows and whys, I recommend checking the first post of this thread, aswell as the Six Updater News and its links.

Other than that, if you feel it's not good enough; Feel free to write a guide, a video, or do better in any way.

Demands or all the telling us what and how to do, will get nobody anywhere, and it's not like we're not doing already everything we can, but on our terms, of course.

Yes yes thats all well and good when the system actually works. But when I get to the page it doesent give me any presets to choose, indeed theres nothing to choose at all and if I try to resynchronise it crashes. I'm sure its an excellent mod but this has gotta be the most convoluted install process I've ever come across.

See above.

Also, if you follow bug reporting procedures, there's usually a fix in under 12-24 hours.

Edited by Sickboy

Be a little more thankfull for the links :p

And BTW once it is set up, it`s great and works like a charm, also, you have access to the newest beta without downloading the whole files again, which is in my eyes marvelous:yay:

Until I discovered a little known feature called search, I was flipping through every page of the WIKI.

Edited by tcp

Grateful for the help I'll probably just wait for a stable release. I don't have much time to play these days anyhow.

I was wondering if it was possible to move back to an older version of the ACE beta. I accidentally updated ACE and my clan's servers aren't updated yet and won't be for a few days.

Is it possible?

There's as much or as less documentation as anyone would like to be.

Great, we just need the documentation for the documentation now. Clicking the apparent downloads and instruction link on the first post brings us to this rather ambiguous page.

http://dev-heaven.net/wiki/ace-mod2

The documentation section just gets you the general wiki, which in turn links back to *everything* else. And then there are the alternate setups, with the explanation for the different methods and the sixupdater itself not usually coming first.

It's confusing as hell, while the installation itself is quite easy.