Sign in to follow this  
sickboy

A.C.E. Advanced Combat Environment - Public Beta *2*!

Quick question from my part, as I seem to have missed it. How do I correctly use the Vector Nite and the Laser Designator? Even though I take a battery with me and I see the red dot and can mark targets, the informations don't get displayed (distance etc.). Anybody a quick comment on that?

There never was a module version of fast roping in ACE, every chopper that has fastroping capabilites had unlimited ropes.

The only difference now is that you need one of the rope magazines in your mag inventory to get the action to deploy a rope, that's all. Everything else is like before, specific height and speed < 2.

It isn't limited to the pilot anymore, anybody (= any player) with a rope on board gets the action and can deploy a rope.

If the rope gets dropped after fastroping the rope lies as a magazine on the ground (visible rope, not just a simple weaponcargo holder) and can be picked up again. But be warned, the rope mags are heavy.

Only the pilot can abort fastroping.

Btw, placing the module disables fastroping.

Xeno

Oh ok thanks for the clarification. I didnt know the helis had working fastropes without the module before as i always use the module and it always worked to fastrope.

I guess the reason it didnt work now is becuase i had the module loaded as well as a rope in my inv.

Thanks Xeno.

Evil: Yes you have to SET the laser designator as well as the Vector by hitting CTRL+R i think to cycle modes. Its all explained in your ARMA2/USERCONFIG/KEYS.HPP (or ARMA2/@ACE/USERCONFIG). Remember to copy them over from your @ACE folder into ARMA2/USERCONFIG/ACE/ after you update ACE everytime to be sure you have the latest ones running.

These files:

ace_clientside_config.hpp

ace_keys.hpp

ACE_serverconfig.hpp

ACE_Tracking.hpp

EDIT2:

Yep the troping works great. Thank you Xeno again for your patience and time. :)

Edited by Alex72

EDIT2:

Yep the troping works great. Thank you Xeno again for your patience and time. :)

Not getting the "release rope" option after my 2 AIs automatically fastrope from the BH. You can fastrope OK but then the rope gets stuck so does the chopper.

fixed my problem with a simple switchmove command

unit switchMove "amovpsitmstpsraswrfldnon" ....

AI units manage to respond to enemy activity

sorry for the bone post :eek:

not as pretty as the script some AI remain seated whilst a firefight is raging

any clues as to how to get the script i was using working ... :mad:

anyone tell me how to fix my problem or of a reliable alternative to force units to sit yet respond to enemy activity ? again many thanks and best wishes

I remember this happening in ACE1 for me. I thought it was something I was doing wrong though. As someone else mentioned I wonder if the fact the sit key was changed is causing. Sounds unlikely but who knows.

If you figure it out fill us in. I'd like to know this as well.

Not getting the "release rope" option after my 2 AIs automatically fastrope from the BH. You can fastrope OK but then the rope gets stuck so does the chopper.

Were you the pilot or was the pilot a human player ?

Like mentioned before, only the pilot can abort fastroping or release the ropes (simply because there is no automatic release of the ropes anymore, the pilot is the one who has to decide when to release the ropes).

If a human player was the pilot and he didn't get the action menu entry then please file a ticket at dev-heaven.

Xeno

There never was a module version of fast roping in ACE, every chopper that has fastroping capabilites had unlimited ropes (which was not what we wanted).

The only difference now is that you need one of the rope magazines in your mag inventory to get the action to deploy a rope, that's all. Everything else is like before, specific height and speed < 2.

It isn't limited to the pilot anymore, anybody (= any player) with a rope on board gets the action and can deploy a rope.

If the rope gets dropped after fastroping the rope lies as a magazine on the ground (visible rope, not just a simple weaponcargo holder) and can be picked up again. But be warned, the rope mags are heavy.

Only the pilot can abort fastroping.

Btw, placing the module disables fastroping.

Xeno

Ah, so you can only rope if you have it in your inventory.

Would it be possible to do it so that it uses ropes that the helo is carrying as opposed to people having to carry them?

Would it be possible to do it so that it uses ropes that the helo is carrying as opposed to people having to carry them?

You can allways add rope mags to the magazine cargo of a chopper and take them out during flight.

It's a better way to limit the deploy rope action to specific players.

And maybe... but only maybe... there will be an evac rope one day... who knows.

Xeno

@Manzilla:

I HAVE TO COMMEND YOU, and a few others, on your level-headed responses to even the most annoying of questions.

I was being very discouraged by some of the negative and crass responses from others to people like myself who are simply new to the 'scene'. Sending people back to page 1 of a 200 page thread, rather than offering a simply answer and little encouragement, as you did sir on a number of occassions, goes a long way in my book.

I am sure that we were ALL noobs at one point or the other, in one game or another. Being charitable to people is a trait that often goes uncomplimented.

SO, cudos to you sir.

I Salute you.

ps:

got my aimpoint back, got my audio responses back, using my Map more ...

i am finally making some progress. Now to figure out how to stop getting shot by the AI from 500 meters away :butbut:

See you all online in my first coop in about 3 months! :)

THANX AGAIN FOR YOU PATIENCE.

I remember this happening in ACE1 for me. I thought it was something I was doing wrong though. As someone else mentioned I wonder if the fact the sit key was changed is causing. Sounds unlikely but who knows.

If you figure it out fill us in. I'd like to know this as well.

@manzilla

had limited success using switchmove but looks rather ugly some units fail to respond to immediate action scenarios ...

Not as pretty as Mad Dawgs script i was using in previous versions of ACE2 ...

If and when i manage to suss it ill be sure to post

best wishes amigo

@dondaddah

nice post mate ... well said .. the eliteist attitude of some mebers leaves a lot to be desired

Edited by shark-attack

Sending people back to page 1 of a 200 page thread, rather than offering a simply answer and little encouragement, as you did sir on a number of occassions, goes a long way in my book.

I agree that you should be patient and helpful, and that you can not expect new people to read through 200 pages of a thread.

But the very first post is always where all the basic information about a topic is located, usually with lots of links to places where you can learn more. If everyone had read the first post of this thread before they ask something, the thread wouldn't be half as big.

So, I think we should keep pointing people who ask simple beginners questions to the first post, but we should always be polite about it and not negative and rude.

Edited by Johan S

@Manzilla:

I HAVE TO COMMEND YOU, and a few others, on your level-headed responses to even the most annoying of questions.

I was being very discouraged by some of the negative and crass responses from others to people like myself who are simply new to the 'scene'. Sending people back to page 1 of a 200 page thread, rather than offering a simply answer and little encouragement, as you did sir on a number of occassions, goes a long way in my book.

I am sure that we were ALL noobs at one point or the other, in one game or another. Being charitable to people is a trait that often goes uncomplimented.

SO, cudos to you sir.

I Salute you.

ps:

got my aimpoint back, got my audio responses back, using my Map more ...

i am finally making some progress. Now to figure out how to stop getting shot by the AI from 500 meters away :butbut:

See you all online in my first coop in about 3 months! :)

THANX AGAIN FOR YOU PATIENCE.

Thanks. Not a problem bud. But I gotta admit sometimes I get a little short with people, noob and veteran though, as well.(For that I apologize to those of that got it.) More then likely I'm happy to help though. This game and Mod are too good to get short with people and push them away. BIS needs as many people as possible to enjoy this game and community in order to keep making such epic games.

Regardless, if you ever need some help feel free to ask. I'm always down to help where I can. Call it a fear of Karma but I've done enough bad s^&t in my life that I really can't afford to be an ass to people anymore. ;)

Enjoy the game and ACE2. Take care.

Edited by Manzilla

Remember to copy them over from your @ACE folder into ARMA2/USERCONFIG/ACE/ after you update ACE everytime to be sure you have the latest ones running.

Thanks for the tip, I was indeed running and old config without noticing. Works like a charm now!

Thanks for the tip, I was indeed running and old config without noticing. Works like a charm now!

I did that for about 10 updates then finally figured out why the userconfig folder was in the @ACE mod folder. :)

I was amazed at how much better the game played. Hell I was playing with about a 1/4 of the features for a while. It was still pretty damn fun though! :)

I agree that you should be patient and helpful, and that you can not expect new people to read through 200 pages of a thread.

But the very first post is always where all the basic information about a topic is located, usually with lots of links to places where you can learn more. If everyone had read the first post of this thread before they ask something, the thread wouldn't be half as big.

So, I think we should keep pointing people who ask simple beginners questions to the first post, but we should always be polite about it and not negative and rude.

Nice response and very true.

I was being very discouraged by some of the negative and crass responses from others to people like myself who are simply new to the 'scene'. Sending people back to page 1 of a 200 page thread' date=' rather than offering a simply answer and little encouragement, as you did sir on a number of occassions, goes a long way in my book.[/quote']

I understand where you are coming from and do sympathize with you, however you need to also look at the other side. Just as it takes patience to answer questions that have been discussed many times over on this thread and that add confusion to the flow of this topic, it takes the same patience to take a few minutes out of your time and read the first post that basically points you in the direction of finding your answer. I dont know what your question was, but I do know that the ACE team has set up userfriendly instructions or FAQ on the first page that will lead a person to a plethora of help.

Good luck and seek wisdom and knowledge!

Guys am I going nuts here but weren't the earplugs in a crate as well? I swear I've picked them out in the past. Can't find them though.

I know how to add them but I thought I remember some in a crate.

Being a former RL pilot and a dedicated hardcore sim pilot, I don't think the blackouts/redouts aren't ready for prime time yet.

Many times you will get a redout while pulling a positive G turn (which you shouldn't get) and you'll get blackouts on a negative G turn (which you shouldn't get).

The duration of the redouts last too long, many times over a minute. It's not very realistic and really takes the enjoyment out of flying. I think the effects should be taken back out until they work correctly. I like the idea of the pilot class negating these effects but since most Warfare servers I play on don't have this class available I'm stuck with the broken effects.

Sorry for the negative rant, 99% of everything else in ACE is awesome.

Being a former RL pilot and a dedicated hardcore sim pilot, I don't think the blackouts/redouts aren't ready for prime time yet.

Many times you will get a redout while pulling a positive G turn (which you shouldn't get) and you'll get blackouts on a negative G turn (which you shouldn't get).

The duration of the redouts last too long, many times over a minute. It's not very realistic and really takes the enjoyment out of flying. I think the effects should be taken back out until they work correctly. I like the idea of the pilot class negating these effects but since most Warfare servers I play on don't have this class available I'm stuck with the broken effects.

Sorry for the negative rant, 99% of everything else in ACE is awesome.

Help us Help you mate :)

http://dev-heaven.net/wiki/ace-mod2/Bugz

There is a perfectly good search function that quickly answers most of the questions here.

But respect to those who spend so much time answering questions.

Guys am I going nuts here but weren't the earplugs in a crate as well? I swear I've picked them out in the past. Can't find them though.

I know how to add them but I thought I remember some in a crate.

You sure? I wanted them and kestrel and some other stuff but i never found any of them in a box.

Red Spar: Your right about the positive/negative G's. Black out when pulling and red out when pushing. Blood away from the brain, and blood to the brain.

Were you the pilot or was the pilot a human player ?

Like mentioned before, only the pilot can abort fastroping or release the ropes (simply because there is no automatic release of the ropes anymore, the pilot is the one who has to decide when to release the ropes).

If a human player was the pilot and he didn't get the action menu entry then please file a ticket at dev-heaven.

Xeno

so really theres no point using ropes in SP missions if your not the pilot?

DK;1548989']so really theres no point using ropes in SP missions if your not the pilot?

Oh that blows. Norrin's newest example mission will have to do for me.

Hopefully cutting out easy SP use for the sake of realism isn't a new trend. Giving the mission maker the option to enable or disable is more reasonable.

Edited by Manzilla

A question:

How are the ear plugs supposed to work, do i just equip them and thats it or do i have to enable them somehow?

I'm asking because i keep getting ear ringing when have them equipped, sometimes after 20+ rounds other times after 100+ but the ringing->hear loss will come.

A question:

How are the ear plugs supposed to work, do i just equip them and thats it or do i have to enable them somehow?

I'm asking because i keep getting ear ringing when have them equipped, sometimes after 20+ rounds other times after 100+ but the ringing->hear loss will come.

Should just have them in your inventory, then select them from the action menu. That's all I have to do to get them working. :)