Sign in to follow this  
sickboy

A.C.E. Advanced Combat Environment - Public Beta *2*!

Did someone say btw that using the Vector binos doesnt work properly? I think i read that when lasing it will go 1st person quick - wich is cool by me for the time being - but when i turn the laser on it shuts off automatically after 1-2 seconds. I have the new userconfig files and i press R to activate it.

Is this known? Anyone else?

EDIT: What you guys need is this webpage (showing ACE version) i check it everyday. Make it a favourite qickly! :)

Link: http://updater.dev-heaven.net/main

Vector does not have lasing abilities...thus the 1/5 weight of lasermarker. It turns on laser for getting distance and turns it off afterwards.

Are there any plans for more east gear ? At the moment it seems ACE2 favours west units a lot more.

Back away while u still can racing lad :p (this has been asked and answered so many times)

ACE disables radio sound, just edit your user config file to turn it back on.

Config file should be located in your Userconfig/ACE folder.

Edited by Shadow.D. ^BOB^

@ACE TEAM

Have you guys checked out these sounds? TR Soundmodules http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=93872

They sound really clean and well put together, TangoRomeo seems to hold the same professionalism as the ACE Team. Maybe you can some how implement these into ACE2. I know I will be using them.....

Edited by Meatball0311

Back away while u still can racing lad :p (this has been asked and answered so many times)

ACE disables radio sound, just edit your user config file to turn it back on.

Config file should be located in your Userconfig/ACE folder.

hehe got ya!

Listen, I found all of them folders and what not but it tell´s me I have to remove the "//" in front of the #define ACE_NOVOICE. The problem is I see no "//" in front of anything.

What am I missing?

Thanks.

Edit: Nah, hold on. I think I got it...

Edited by RacingLad

Hi again

I have managed to get ACE 2 to work however i gave up on the six installer. It just kept timing out whenever trying to download an update and a lot of the content was missing after multiple times trying to update and install.

So my questions are,

Will the manual way of installing affect my MP experience at all?

Any general tweaks to get my MP better? It takes a looong time connecting to servers i.e "retrieving mission files" and when i do connect i am getting reallt laggy gameplay with the yellow (or red) broken chain icon on the bottom right of my screen.

Any help would be great guys!

Cheers

ive noticed a pretty anoying bug...whenever (im not sure what exactly causes it) but when i start fighting everything lights up like an arma 2 nuclear bomb has gone off, its reaaalllllyyyy annoying because i cant tell whats what and i dont know why the hell it happens

Are Dogtags not fully implemented? I've tried several times but only ever managed to get 2 dogtags from dead soldiers.

All the right windows funktions work verry inconsistent for me. Sometimes I can use the right windows and sometimes nothing happens. Also the transport feature of dead and woundet does not always work. Maybe I made a mistake? I often end with soldiers hovering mid air. Guess I should post at the dev-heaven...

hum it seems that Xeno cleaned the ace2 dev heaven entry, it was needed.

(devheave, seems to often return a file not found page these times

Edited by luckyhendrix

Ok here we go. I've downloaded the GUI updater and performed the install. Under program files ARMA2 I can see all the @ACE folders. Ya know, the ACEX, CBA and all of that good stuff.

The thing is, I haven't seen any in game changes. How do you activate the addons? Is this a multiplayer mod only or what? I only mess around in the mission editor.

There's no PLA soldiers, no new wound animations or what have you. Its still the stock ARMA2 version 105 as far as I can tell. Thanks in advance for any information.

u have to use the shortcut provided with the addon located in your arma2 main folder

or edit your shortcut for exsample:

"C:\Program files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\arma2.exe" -cpucount=4 -noSplash -noFilePatching -mod=@CBA;@ACE;@ACEX;@ACEX_SM;@ACEX_PLA

All the right windows funktions work verry inconsistent for me. Sometimes I can use the right windows and sometimes nothing happens. Also the transport feature of dead and woundet does not always work. Maybe I made a mistake? I often end with soldiers hovering mid air. Guess I should post at the dev-heaven...

I've noticed the same thing with the RWK. The dialog used to come up great but not it's sketchy at best. It just flickers and doesn't stay open. Occasionally I can bring it up again. It worked the first time but flickers after that. Thus I can not select any options.

I didn't even know transport dea was available. Oops, I tend to read the update news and still miss new features. ;)

Manzilla are you pressing the right windows key once or holding it down?

You can transport wounded (I've only tried stufifng them in a medevac vehicle so far) but I don't seem to be able to find a way to get them back out lol.

I've noticed the same thing with the RWK. The dialog used to come up great but not it's sketchy at best. It just flickers and doesn't stay open. Occasionally I can bring it up again. It worked the first time but flickers after that. Thus I can not select any options.

I didn't even know transport dea was available. Oops, I tend to read the update news and still miss new features. ;)

Same problem I have too. Works sometimes and just flickers sometimes.

I am really missing the Bullets / clips info at the top right of my screen.

It tells me what weapon I have but I have to run out of ammo to know when to reload...usually at a bad time....I usually reload in a safe location if I see I have only a couple of rounds left.

Pressing the G key tells me how many clips are left but not bullets.

Has anyone found a solution to this?

:j:

@bobby, its not a bug. Its a feature for realism. Hit the "sit" button (whichever button you mapped sit to) to have your character shake the mag to have a feel of its weight and it will be indicated on the top left corner. There is no magic counter tracking the number of bullets you have in your magazine in real life.

Nah it works.

Just follow what BobbyC101st said. You gotta turn it on, r button, then left-click for range. r button again to turn off. Genius!

I do that mate. And still my laser turns off immediatelly.

EDIT:

Vector does not have lasing abilities...thus the 1/5 weight of lasermarker. It turns on laser for getting distance and turns it off afterwards.

Thanks. That clarifies it. :) However didnt think of it as lasermarker but a smaller laser that measured distance. Anywho now i know.

Edited by Alex72

@bobby, its not a bug. Its a feature for realism. Hit the "sit" button (whichever button you mapped sit to) to have your character shake the mag to have a feel of its weight and it will be indicated on the top left corner. There is no magic counter tracking the number of bullets you have in your magazine in real life.

I haven't seen the hint message since last update. I'm playing my new mission right now and hitting the button plays the animation but says nothing. I'm thinking it's because I haven't fired a shot and it doesn't saying anything until that first shot is fired.

Can anyone confirm this? I swear it said "full" prior to this last update.

Are you pressing the right windows key or holding the right windows key down?