Sign in to follow this  
sickboy

A.C.E. Advanced Combat Environment - Public Beta *2*!

I know what it is and what its used for but your body produces it also in certain situations. I assume thats what the "Panic Button" is meant to do.

Indeed, there are hundreds of keys and they put grenades and fire selector on the same key... I've noticed this long time ago.

It should be a key for fire selector, another one for grenades cycling and another one for throwing grenades, without changing the current weapon mode.

Or at least another key for throwing grenade....

F for fire selector, H for throwing grenade, shift-H grenade selector (or shift-F)

Tried scripting this with SwitchMagazine, unfortunately it's not usable for now due to the bugs explained in the wiki (no way to retrieve firing modes and it doesn't work properly anymore if you change gear)

http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/ArmA:_Actions#SWITCHMAGAZINE

Maybe we should fill a bug report in DevHeaven if I'm not the only one wanting this.

@ACE TEAM, Feature request. :) A dedicated key for fire mode select. Selecting firing mode is a bitch when you have grenades, flash bangs, smoke etc which you have to scroll through using the F key before finally reaching your desired primary weapon fire select...that can be destructive when the heat is on and that is one tactical drawback in the stock arma2 game.

Damn! I was just sitting infront of my computer thinking of this! Yesterday I set up an ambush with claymores (clacker) and was going to open up on them after the first was set of....it took me 5 seconds to hit AUTO and I accidentally threw smoke on them while buttonmashing my way to a "hot" weapon.

It is really not intuitive to use "F" for everything, if I where in a real ambush I don't think that I would accidentally throw stuff instead of shooting.

Edit: Can't grenades and other equipment be put in the mousewheel sidemenu?

Edited by RUKH

another question... does the armour act like in real life... for example if i hit the rear end of a tank will it do more damage than if i was to hit the tank from its front?

The tanks are supposed to be more vulnerable but it's hard to simulate that with the current hitpoint system.

The problem of the T-90 is the less effective APFSDS ammo also the model hasn't got proper Hit-Point LOD and we can't change that yet.

Configwise the T-90 has got better armor than the M1A1 HC.

Damn! I was just sitting infront of my computer thinking of this! Yesterday I set up an ambush with claymores (clacker) and was going to open up on them after the first was set of....it took me 5 seconds to hit AUTO and I accidentally threw smoke on them while buttonmashing my way to a "hot" weapon.

It is really not intuitive to use "F" for everything, if I where in a real ambush I don't think that I would accidentally throw stuff instead of shooting.

Vote for the feature! :)

Vote for the feature! :)

I visited your link but I could not find where to vote.

Edited by RUKH

Hahaha. Sorry dude your post made me laugh so hard right now. :o

class Panic_Button
	{			
		key = 69;	// Num - Whatever
	};

Haha ok mate. I see the problem now and i think me has to whisp up a ticket. Like some others ive seen my USERCONFIG files doesnt seem to update with the rest of the mod. I dont have "cross hair" section in there and i dont have "panic button" in the keys file. Hmm...

Thanks though for the proper info - just gotta get it working. :)

Haha ok mate. I see the problem now and i think me has to whisp up a ticket. Like some others ive seen my USERCONFIG files doesnt seem to update with the rest of the mod. I dont have "cross hair" section in there and i dont have "panic button" in the keys file. Hmm...

Thanks though for the proper info - just gotta get it working. :)

I just noticed I had the same thing occur. I hadn't updated since the 29th but for some reason the userconfig files still look the same. I tried to update again but nothing. Hmmmm.

u can reassign the button for fire select to a button u can find quickly

just go to controls

i always use semi auto, to double tab the enemy, and use full only in cqb situations.

but i get your point its anoying when u want to switch back from auto and get nades instead of semi again....

the grenades should be imo under a different button instead of sharing it with the toggle firemode action

u can reassign the button for fire select to a button u can find quickly

just go to controls

i always use semi auto, to double tab the enemy, and use full only in cqb situations.

but i get your point its anoying when u want to switch back from auto and get nades instead of semi again....

the grenades should be imo under a different button instead of sharing it with the toggle firemode action

This is something I've never thought about but it would definitely be a nice option to have. Thanks for bringing this up guys. Got my vote!

I just noticed I had the same thing occur. I hadn't updated since the 29th but for some reason the userconfig files still look the same. I tried to update again but nothing. Hmmmm.

Yeah were missing out a lot of goodies aparently. I noticed in my keys it says about the button 69: NUM = 69 So its not set cause the others are like this for example: NUM_6 = 77 wich means that button 6 on NUMPAD will do something. But the panic button wich i dont have is also ofcourse not assigned.

Will check if a ticket is raised.

Like some others ive seen my USERCONFIG files doesnt seem to update with the rest of the mod. I dont have "cross hair" section in there and i dont have "panic button" in the keys file. Hmm...

Same here.

wich userconfig file are u looking at??

i always find the new (updated) one in my @ACE folder and ill copy and paste the new lines to my old config file in the Default ARMA2/userconfig folder so i dont have to reset all my customized keys AGAIN,...

are u looking in the right folder

wich userconfig file are u looking at??

i always find the new (updated) one in my @ACE folder and ill copy and paste the new lines to my old config file in the Default ARMA2/userconfig folder so i dont have to reset all my customized keys AGAIN,...

are u looking in the right folder

Ooooh, I never thought about that. I'll check it out. Thanks for the heads up.

EDIT:

=KCT=BlackMamba,

Good looking out bud. That's the deal. I always wondered why the hell those were also in the ACE2 folder. A simple copy n' paste and I'm good to go!

Edited by Manzilla

I made a ticket wich was removed. With good reason since i found another one (missed it the first time sorry guys). Ticket: http://dev-heaven.net/issues/show/7120

Check inside the ACE2 folder, if you haven't already. They get updated there I guess. Not sure if that's the way it's supposed to be but at least for now I got the updated ones. A copy n' paste and you're off.

I can't believe I never noticed this before. I wonder how much the old .hpp files effected the updates I have played. I never remember any problems popping up. Weird stuff.

Check inside the ACE2 folder, if you haven't already. They get updated there I guess. Not sure if that's the way it's supposed to be but at least for now I got the updated ones. A copy n' paste and you're off.

I can't believe I never noticed this before. I wonder how much the old .hpp files effected the updates I have played. I never remember any problems popping up. Weird stuff.

Oh... Thanks for the headsup mate. This was probably even common knowledge? :)

Oh... Thanks for the headsup mate. This was probably even common knowledge? :)

It may have been but I can't recall ever seeing anything about it.

Remember to set your NAME in the client side file if copied over straight! So your gasmasks and camo face etc works.

So umm... everytime we update ACE2 we have to copy the files from @ACE2/userconfig to userconfig/ACE2?

@JW Custom

Thanks for the quick reply, i guess i have been running ace2 with outdated userconfig files, havent had any erros or other troubles though :P i guess most people have been running ace2 with outdated files since nobody has informed us about this until now?

Edited by Ville89

So umm... everytime we update ACE2 we have to copy the files from @ACE2/userconfig to userconfig/ACE2?

It seems so if your wanna be able to use all features!

I think that's why they have it DL to the ACE2 mod folder though. I'm actually glad they do it like this instead of overwriting it in the userconfig folder each time. Especially when they get real long I tend to forget what I had set to what. And not to mention I'd have to figure out how to set up the gas masks each time.(Thanks Alex72 for the heads up.)

I'm wondering how many people haven't realized this yet and are still using the old .hpp files. There could be a bunch of people not playing with all the features. Hopefully others will read this conversation.

yes u can simply copy and paste the new lines from the updated configs to your customized (old) config file that works fine so u wont have to re-enter all your settings

What about ACE_tracking.hpp and ACE_serverconfig.hpp, should i leave them alone or replace them with the new ones?

Before anyone asks: yes i am total newbie :P