Sign in to follow this  
sickboy

A.C.E. Advanced Combat Environment - Public Beta *2*!

change the key to a different one.

go into your userconfig\ACE folder and open up the ace_keys.tpp file in notepad

scroll down to this

class ace_sys_interaction

{

class Interaction_Menu

{

key = 220; // win l

shift = 0;

};

};

and change the key number (in red) to a different key. There is a list of key numbers at the bottom of the file.

SD

R windows key?, is tht for the interaction key, if so i change my completely to shift-delete

and deleted the original key in the key control option in the arma 2 menu, hope tht helps or give an idear what to do

I think it's time to update it to the current version?

Meh if its working then its working. Its not good to be too hasty to update things. Couple of days ago I updated to latest Nvidia drivers. Now I cant play Empire TW because everything on the map is invisible :rolleyes:

Some functions of ACE are controlled with right windows key. My Logitech's Wave keyboard doesn't have one, only left windows key, but it doesn't work in Arma.

Any suggestions how to force it to work?

I think there's something about this in the FAQ or Biki. I know others have had this problem and discussed it and a solution in the thread.(Actually I think it was in the original Beta #1 thread.)

I don't know of a solution off hand but others have, I believe. You may want to check the first post then look around some of the links provided there.

Good luck.

Are you editing the config in the Main A2 Directory/userconfig/ACE2 folder or the configs that appear in the actual ACE2 Mod folder? Make sure you edit the files in the userconfig folder, not the ACE2 mod folder.

I hope that helps.

It did indeed! I was editing the @ACE mod folder user config, rather than the root directory user config.

Thank you very much for your help! All is well once again.

I just did a quick test, seems to work fine here. Maybe some shortcut problem?

(I just added the server in YAS, clicked add modset, clicked guess modstring and was ready to go)

They do have some other islands etc loaded i think.

Thanks for doing that, yup it was me messing the shortcut up, seems though I had all the ACE components less the ACEX_PLA in the shortcut, used your great tool and did the same by clicking guess modstring and saw the difference immediately. Not had the issue before on that server so they may have just added the PLA part which is why I didn't have it there b4.

Happy again. :)

Cheers,

-- == -- == -- ==

How does the ACE No Stamina System Module Work? Can i just place it on the map or do i have to connect it to all the Playable ACE Groups?

How do you get or give ammo from a teammate? Do you have to interact with r windows?

To give, Press G key, drop whatever you dont want on the ground, have a buddy pick it up.

If your teammate is an AI, you can select him and make him walk to the things you dropped on the ground, and press 6 (action) while having him selected.

You should see an action for "gear"(this will only show if a pile of ammo/guns/gear/ammo crate or other places you can store stuff in is nearby).

use the menu popping up to interact with hes gear. Getting ammo is pretty much the same procedure reversed.

I have a question about six updater. When I run updater it automatically goes to web-client. Is that suppose to happen or am I suppose to get the menu option screen first?

I've been following the FAQ and been trying to restore the voice commands for arma 2 with ACE 2 installed. I've followed the guide and done exactly what it says in the ace_clientside_config. It still doesn't seem to work. I've re-read the FAQ but still can't find a solution to get voice and radio chatter working.

/*//////////////////////////////////////////////

CONFIG SETTING FOR : ACE 2 MOD - NO VOICE, NO RADIO CHATTER

--------------------

FEATURES: Disables AI radio chatter as well as player radio chatter

---------

TO ENABLE: Remove the "//" in front of the #define to enable the NO VOICE, NO RADIO CHATTER feature. To disable, think vice versa.

----------

//////////////////////////////////////////////*/

// #define ACE_NOVOICE

I've tried deleting the // #define ACE_NOVOICE line but to no avail. If anyone could help i'd be deeply appreciated.

Thanks.

To give, Press G key, drop whatever you dont want on the ground, have a buddy pick it up.

If your teammate is an AI, you can select him and make him walk to the things you dropped on the ground, and press 6 (action) while having him selected.

Actually, you don't need to do that with ACE (if you have a working interaction key).

Simply point with your weapon to the player or AI you want to access gear (if he is close enough), press interaction key and select "Gear" from the dialog.

For an AI unit the gear dialog shows up immediately and you can take or give weapons and ammo. A player has to accept it first via action action menu.

Xeno

Yesterday, i successfully altered the ace_clientside_config.hpp file inside my userconfig folder to add radio chatter back to the ACE2 mod version of the game. OK.....no problem with that. But today i went back to add the crosshair(just add "//" in front of "#define ACE_NOCROSS". When i went back into the game, i still had no crosshairs. I know it is not the difficulty level of the game. So i went back into the userconfig and tried to take away the radio chatter again by removing the '//". I went back to the game and still had radio chatter. It is like the game is not recognizing or reading the config file. It worked yesterday, but is not recognizing any changes today. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

EDIT: I just took the entire userconfig file out of my @ace folder and the game is running ACE2 without it. It is not even being recognized by the game. My configuration is stuck until i find someone who knows more than me about this stuff.

Edited by jcs89

Yesterday, i successfully altered the ace_clientside_config.hpp file inside my userconfig folder to add radio chatter back to the ACE2 mod version of the game. OK.....no problem with that. But today i went back to add the crosshair(just add "//" in front of "#define ACE_NOCROSS". When i went back into the game, i still had no crosshairs. I know it is not the difficulty level of the game. So i went back into the userconfig and tried to take away the radio chatter again by removing the '//". I went back to the game and still had radio chatter. It is like the game is not recognizing or reading the config file. It worked yesterday, but is not recognizing any changes today. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

I'm getting this exact same problem but i want the radio chatter back on, it seems to not want to change so that the radio chatter is enabled. It looks like we are in the same boat mate.

Rykane,

Did you try just deleting the // in front of the line? This worked for me and i got chatter back, but when i went back today and made more changes, nothing works.

Yeah i've tried it, it didn't work. I made a backup of the CFG and tried again but it still didn't work. Whenever i put the "//" infront of #define_NOVOICE and start up arma 2 with ace 2 i get the error "no entry 'bin\config.bin/cfgvoicetypes/novoice.name"

Edited by Rykane

I just took the entire userconfig file out of my @ace folder and the game is running ACE2 without it. It is not even being recognized by the game. My configuration is stuck until i find someone who knows more than me about this stuff.

It's normal the userconfig file in @Ace is just there in case you need the original , you need to put it in your main arma 2 folder in order to have it working

Is there a way (as of now) to get the a.i. to start the fast roping sequence?

It's normal the userconfig file in @Ace is just there in case you need the original , you need to put it in your main arma 2 folder in order to have it working

I've just tried putting it in the main arma 2 root folder but it still hasn't worked. Anyone else able to help?

Thanks lucky......

I was modifying the userconfig inside the @ACE folder instead of the one in the main ARMA2. Thanks for the help.

---------- Post added at 08:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:21 PM ----------

Rykane, You should already have a userconfig file inside your main ARMA2 root folder. Is that the one you modified? Is ACE2 working fine except for not letting you alter the userconfig file? All i did was remove the //'s in front of the novoice line. It looks like this now: //#define ACE_NOVOICE

Is there a way (as of now) to get the a.i. to start the fast roping sequence?

when you are a pilot and you deploy ropes, i think you should give the command Disembark and your squad members will rappel down

Thanks lucky......

I was modifying the userconfig inside the @ACE folder instead of the one in the main ARMA2. Thanks for the help.

---------- Post added at 08:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:21 PM ----------

Rykane, You should already have a userconfig file inside your main ARMA2 root folder. Is that the one you modified? Is ACE2 working fine except for not letting you alter the userconfig file? All i did was remove the //'s in front of the novoice line. It looks like this now: //#define ACE_NOVOICE

I don't have a userconfig file in the main ARMA 2 root folder. I modified the one in "ArmA 2\@ACE\userconfig" ACE 2 is working fine except the fact that theres no voice/ radio chatter, but i'd prefer if it was enabled.