Sign in to follow this  
sickboy

A.C.E. Advanced Combat Environment - Public Beta *2*!

A group should move at the speed of the slowest man in the group, your fault for running too much despite being warned by the breathing.

That's pretty impossible when most of our missions involve attacking armoured vehicles and choppers which requires us to run alot... attacking a chopper with a stinger is deadly now since the chopper just uses countermeasure system to avoid being hit then only option left is to run for our F**king lifes and of course poor Mr stinger and A.T guys don't last long after that :rolleyes: i'm not saying its not a good feature it just needs to be tweaked a bit maybe allow us to run a bit longer or not stay down for so long... after all this is a game sim or no sim it still needs a fun factor or it gets boring pretty fast :eek:

overall i love ace mod and will put up with it but just my opinion :)

i'm not saying its not a good feature it just needs to be tweaked a bit maybe allow us to run a bit longer or not stay down for so long... after all this is a game sim or no sim it still needs a fun factor or it gets boring pretty fast :eek:

Please feel free to add your concerns at dev-heaven.

http://dev-heaven.net/projects/ace-mod2/issues/new

It isn't allways easy to have a balance between what is doable ingame and RL.

ACE tries to be as close as possible to RL (where realism matters) but we are not perfect at all and can make errors too.

... just because you feel good doesn't make you right ...

Xeno

About Hun-IR:

They must be fired in some angle (close do 90º) or the monitor only scans in a certain range?

Cause other day, from 5 rounds that i fired, only 2 worked.

And one of them with THIS! So couldnt see nothing at all.

They must be fired in some angle (close do 90º) or the monitor only scans in a certain range?

Cause other day, from 5 rounds that i fired, only 2 worked.

No, they are fine at any angle.

Could you please add the mission and some more info at dev-heaven ticket system ?

The bug you describe should have been fixed for some time now (december last year). Maybe I have overlooked a case where it still can happen.

... But take your time, think a lot, why, think of everything you've got. For you will still be here tomorrow, but your dreams may not...

Xeno

Did the issue with ACE features disappearing after reloading saves get fixed in this last update? Thx for replies in advance.

I just installed Arma 2, the 1.05 patch, and the latest ACE mod, and have no interface ret, the little green ) ( that changes to various icons as you pass over interactive things.

When I load ARMA 2 clean - it is there. Only in ACE is it missing.

I have uninstalled ACE and reinstalled twice.

I am running a quadcore and nvidia 9800 gtx +.

Any ideas?

I just installed Arma 2, the 1.05 patch, and the latest ACE mod, and have no interface ret, the little green ) ( that changes to various icons as you pass over interactive things.

When I load ARMA 2 clean - it is there. Only in ACE is it missing.

I have uninstalled ACE and reinstalled twice.

I am running a quadcore and nvidia 9800 gtx +.

Any ideas?

If you mean the icons that show up when you go near vehicles etc... ace disables that :)

Ok, looked through the thread and found no instructions on how to use C4s.

I placed a C4 somewhere, top right hand corner of the screen pops up a confirmation but I can't find any option to detonate it anywhere. Not in the action menu or anywhere else. I tried hitting all kinds of key combos and still nothing. hitting the left window key brings up no menu or dialogue either. There is also no indication that a C4 was ever placed. No graphics of a C4 where I placed it, nothing.

As for the fake IR feature, hitting T or Shift-T brings up the team switch dialogue, no IRs....

HELP! (Thanks a lot for your kind attention)

Edited by jasonnoguchi

I tried hitting all kinds of key combos and still nothing.

The new ace_keys.hpp file doesn't seem to be overwriting the old one, which contains the new key bindings. I'll open up a ticket for it if there isn't one already, but I'm guessing its a feature so people's custom bindings don't get overwritten.

edit: I'll just leave it alone, looks like this ticket already has it covered.

Edited by bhaz

Ok, looked through the thread and found no instructions on how to use C4s.

I placed a C4 somewhere, top right hand corner of the screen pops up a confirmation but I can't find any option to detonate it anywhere. Not in the action menu or anywhere else. I tried hitting all kinds of key combos and still nothing. hitting the left window key brings up no menu or dialogue either. There is also no indication that a C4 was ever placed. No graphics of a C4 where I placed it, nothing.

As for the fake IR feature, hitting T or Shift-T brings up the team switch dialogue, no IRs....

HELP! (Thanks a lot for your kind attention)

For the C4, place it with the action, aim at it, select safety off, an then you will have a action in the action menu to detonate it.

And for the fake IR i think it only work on tanks( i dont know if all, but i tried a bradley and it worked).

A few observations.

I just downloaded the ace 2 213 version and ive noticed the AI has become predominately weaker in missions that use the ACM module.

Situations that included tense and robust firefights are now a walk. I find this fluctuation in ai very hard to deal with when testing missions for balance. Playing the same missions with the previous build was very much more difficult.

I also noticed that scores of friendly units appeared on the map seemingly converging on my waypoint.

I also had to strip the ai of any healing powers (modules) or i could shoot then forever with no effect.

Fantastic mod. Great fun. I love everything you guys are doing.

@columdrum, yup, thats the problem... when I placed the C4, there was no graphic of a C4 anywhere.. you can't see it at all and aiming around the area where it is supposed to be turned out nothing.

I don't understand the logic of including OC-14 in ACE 2. This rifle is't used anywhere, by any army of force.

I don't understand the logic of including OC-14 in ACE 2. This rifle is't used anywhere, by any army of force.

I'm pretty sure that it's still being used by MVD and Spetznaz

and I just want to make a little wish list here for the future updates:

Inclusion of Blackhawks (preferably without the refueling probes)

Give the US Army more land vehicles (can be simple re-textured models)

Give the Russian Air Force a bomber variant of the Su-25/39 (use the Insurgent su-25, which I think they shouldn't even have one because that things got Russian Roundel anyway:confused:)

Put the T-72A of the Russian Army back please, for mission editing purpose.:bounce3:

P.S if this thread isn't where I post this list, please forgive me.:p

This is not true, we played today with 23kg on us and we blacked out and fell over after 200m jog. then it took at least 5-10min to totally recover which in game time is way too long :/ :(

If you and everyone else like you keeps posting these stupid posts that have no meaning, then it will never change.

BUGS, FEEDBACK, ISSUES, REPORTS, COMPLAINTS:

With DETAILS

http://dev-heaven.net/wiki/ace-mod2/Bugz

http://dev-heaven.net/wiki/six-arma-updater/Bugz

If there are actually bugs that are causing problems, with your details, rpt, and small repro steps, we will be able to actually do something about it.

Otherwise all that happens is talk about it all day, build up more and more frustration, and nobody is the wiser...

Re stamina. This is already server-side disableable by any competent Server-admin. Start cooking your own solutions for once.

Edited by Sickboy

A few observations.

I just downloaded the ace 2 213 version and ive noticed the AI has become predominately weaker in missions that use the ACM module.

Situations that included tense and robust firefights are now a walk.

The ACM is random and can sometimes be a cakewalk and sometimes not. Im using it a lot myself and ACE hasnt changed it a single bit.

I've been wondering about the AI myself now for a while, whether there are intended changes to their behaviour or not.

Playing Domination quite a bit I've noticed that they can no longer aim for crap at close range, I mean you can literally stand 30 meters apart and watch the AI empty a full mag at you (longer range still seem pretty effective though and mounted guns are as murderous as ever).

Hey, I have an idea! Setup a bug report with details!

I heard there is a nuke for ACE 2, but somehow, I can't find it.

If you and everyone else like you keeps posting these stupid posts that have no meaning, then it will never change.

BUGS, FEEDBACK, ISSUES, REPORTS, COMPLAINTS:

With DETAILS

http://dev-heaven.net/wiki/ace-mod2/Bugz

http://dev-heaven.net/wiki/six-arma-updater/Bugz

If there are actually bugs that are causing problems, with your details, rpt, and small repro steps, we will be able to actually do something about it.

Otherwise all that happens is talk about it all day, build up more and more frustration, and nobody is the wiser...

Re stamina. This is already server-side disableable by any competent Server-admin. Start cooking your own solutions for once.

a) If everything (reports, complaints, bugs, general feedback, etc) goes to DevHeaven, what's the point of this thread?

b) Stamina. Perhaps people doesn't want to disable the stamina system. Perhaps people want a realistic stamina system.

I have a question. Do you will replace the M16 to the M4? This is not very realistic at this moment. Compared to current equipment. Is that intentional?

Sorry for my english.

Well, certain issues are reported in this thread multiple times and no one can read back the whole topic. Less Forumusers are working with the search function..

Its not easy to track all issues via this thread. Thats why there is a platform with our bugtracker.

Stamina is a frequently discussed topic, most ppl havent jogged with that weight a single time in their life. Besides the weight displayed in the menu, the soldier carries his personal gear with him.

Aushilfe;1539578']Well' date=' certain issues are reported in this thread multiple times and no one can read back the whole topic. Less Forumusers are working with the search function..

Its not easy to track all issues via this thread. Thats why there is a platform with our bugtracker.

Stamina is a frequently discussed topic, most ppl havent jogged with that weight a single time in their life. Besides the weight displayed in the menu, the soldier carries his personal gear with him.[/quote']

I'd say fun go before realism in this case.