Sign in to follow this  
sickboy

A.C.E. Advanced Combat Environment - Public Beta *2*!

A.C.E. is definitely the most realistic mod I have ever played for any game. It's amazing what they are doing for us realism gamers :).

I just have some feedback that I would like to post.. I was in a Stryker unit for 4 years. I was part of 1st Brigade 25th ID out of Ft. Lewis Washington and we were reflagged to 2nd Stryker Cavalry Regiment and moved to Vilseck, GE. I was an 11C (Mortarman) for the first two years and re-classed to an 11B (Rifleman) for the final two. I served one 15 month combat tour and took part in the final Sadr City Uprising in the spring of 2008. These are just some things I have noticed with your Army/Stryker units.

1. Would it be at all possible to make use of the Squad Leader and Air Guard hatches on the Stryker vehicles? We always used them while we were moving and usually left 1 soldier in a rear air guard hatch when we dismounted, seeing as the RWS can not effectively cover the rear of the vehicle. I am not sure if the game limits the ability for "cargo" to use these hatches, but it sure would be a nice addition.

2. Every infantry unit in the Army has phased out the M16 and switched to M4s. Almost every infantry unit has switched from Iron Sights to M68's and EOTechs for their personal weapons. Squad Leaders and SDMs usually have ACOGs.

3. Would it possible to add the M1129 Mortar Carrier variant? It has a 120MM Mortar mounted in the rear of the vehicle... It's pretty sick. :D

I'd love a 120mm mortar in any form... They burst bigger than 155mm shells (unless the 155's are coming in HA, almost straight down).

At least thats what I was told from a couple different people... :p

Just one word to say that the M4 and m16 models in ACE2 are IMO the best ever created since I mess around with addons. I mean usually I prefer BIS models as they look very professional but this time your weapons outperformed by far the originals.

I'm sure BIS is watching. Haven't they introduced in Arma2 ideas from the community ?

:D

Thanks for the feedback

1. I am not sure if the game limits the ability for "cargo" to use these hatches, but it sure would be a nice addition.

This would indeed be nice but unfortunately not currently possible. The coveted "shoot from vehicle" feature has eluded us and BIS has seen fit not to reach into their magic bag and pull out the "use personal item" features from VBS2 :(

2. Every infantry unit in the Army has phased out the M16 and switched to M4s. Almost every infantry unit has switched from Iron Sights to M68's and EOTechs for their personal weapons. Squad Leaders and SDMs usually have ACOGs.

This has recently been brought up among us. The fact that the default Army soldiers in ACE have M16A2 or A4 isn't realistic, unless we're talking about USMC.

Can you tell me - did the CompM4s start replacing the CompM2's and 3's yet?

3. Would it possible to add the M1129 Mortar Carrier variant? It has a 120MM Mortar mounted in the rear of the vehicle... It's pretty sick.

Well sure its "possible" but its not really on the radar right now. There are currently other priorities.

Edited by scubaman3D

Along with none of the ACE Features working, I have a particularly annoying problem.

When I shoot any tank with a Javelin Missile or any equivalent launchers, it never destroys it. All it does is disable its treads and the crew pops out. Another thing is nothing explodes any more!! I put 5 satchels on a tank and all I see is the explosion from the satchels and the tank its black, no smoke, no fire. WTF? Surely thats not realism, I understand not everything catches on fire when destroyed but not one vehicle in the game explodes or catches on fire with ACE2.... Please help..

Another thing, any chance you guy could make a replacement pack with those cool desert camo special forces M4's?? They look so awesome. And they are the one thing that works for me, the weapons. Nothing else... :(

Edited by Enad

Along with none of the ACE Features working, I have a particularly annoying problem.

When I shoot any tank with a Javelin Missile or any equivalent launchers, it never destroys it. All it does is disable its treads and the crew pops out. Another thing is nothing explodes any more!! I put 5 satchels on a tank and all I see is the explosion from the satchels and the tank its black, no smoke, no fire. WTF? Surely thats not realism, I understand not everything catches on fire when destroyed but not one vehicle in the game explodes or catches on fire with ACE2.... Please help..

Another thing, any chance you guy could make a replacement pack with those cool desert camo special forces M4's?? They look so awesome. And they are the one thing that works for me, the weapons. Nothing else... :(

Tanks blow up and catch fire fine for me using latest ace build :)

Are you sure its not some other mod causing it?

class ace_sys_stamina
   {
       class Panic_Button
       {            
           key = 69;    // Num - Whatever
       };
   };

NUM = 69

Does this refer to num-lock, or just any num key?

Does the radio pack object currently have a purpose within ACE? I've searched both threads and there's no mention of it on the wiki pages.

I'm referring to the large radios (ACE_PRC119) that take up the backpack slot. Do they have a practical use in any mission, or are they just in place for mission designers to make use of?

I was in a Stryker unit for 4 years. I was part of 1st Brigade 25th ID out of Ft. Lewis Washington...

WOO... Ft. Lewis FTW!!! :yay:

Me ma works on base for GD. :cool:

(You can't spill what you don't know, so I can't answer your questions. Use google to find the stuff I know. You'd be better off asking Gurky here anyways. :p )

Anywho, I too would like to see these things implemented. It would A. Make things even MORE realistic and B. Reek of pure epic and win.

WOO... Ft. Lewis FTW!!! :yay:

Me ma works on base for GD. :cool:

(You can't spill what you don't know, so I can't answer your questions. Use google to find the stuff I know. You'd be better off asking Gurky here anyways. :p )

Anywho, I too would like to see these things implemented. It would A. Make things even MORE realistic and B. Reek of pure epic and win.

Yep, gotta love Ft. Lewis! :D I Corps and the 17th Fires Brigade ftw!!! :D

Tanks blow up and catch fire fine for me using latest ace build :)

Are you sure its not some other mod causing it?

Yeah Im sure. Because even when I run ArmA II with nothing but ACE2. Its still fucked up.

Its not just that. 90 percent of the core ACE Mod doesn't work. About 13 of the features work and there all the small ones. ACEX works fine so does ACEX_PLA...But the core ACE mod doesn't work. And not one person has attempted to help me figure out whats wrong.

I know I've installed it right. I got step by step directions by Dead3yez and his is working perfectly. I've tried deleting all contents of ACE and ACEX and trying to reinstall again. But nope it still doesn't work.

Ok. I have been away for awhile, but I must be missing something. I am having trouble even finding the downloads (all 5 components). I get directed to some page, or filefront which doesnt give any download. What the hell am I missing? Lol.

Help me out, so I can get started.

Ok. I have been away for awhile, but I must be missing something. I am having trouble even finding the downloads (all 5 components). I get directed to some page, or filefront which doesnt give any download. What the hell am I missing? Lol.

Help me out, so I can get started.

http://dev-heaven.net/wiki/ace-mod2#Installation
Yeah Im sure. Because even when I run ArmA II with nothing but ACE2. Its still fucked up.

Its not just that. 90 percent of the core ACE Mod doesn't work. About 13 of the features work and there all the small ones. ACEX works fine so does ACEX_PLA...But the core ACE mod doesn't work. And not one person has attempted to help me figure out whats wrong.

I know I've installed it right. I got step by step directions by Dead3yez and his is working perfectly. I've tried deleting all contents of ACE and ACEX and trying to reinstall again. But nope it still doesn't work.

Help yourself ;); http://dev-heaven.net/wiki/ace-mod2/Bugz

First thing I notice is that you speak nothing about CBA?

Edited by Sickboy

M224 - clicky for larger

m2241.th.jpg

Sweeeeeeeeet. Makes me sad I never finished mine so you wouldnt have had to create it but what can you do, ey? :)

@ACE Team

I want really give you all a thumbs up on the progress of ACE2! I just did runs against CSM2 and ACEX_SM and to be honestly speaking you guys are getting it right. Talking only about the weapon sounds, ACEX_SM is winning the battle. The M16, M203, and grenade sounds are really good and the 240 is not all that bad. I hope you guys continue to put an all out effort into ever aspect of the mod. Thanks for all of your hard work!

About the missing ACE features (bipod, handgrenade...) when playing ACE+GL4

-when disabling "GL4 Radio Chatter" the features are back.

-sorry wrong thread

Edited by Reserve

This looks realy good :) thanks guys

Is there a list of the new vehicles and men

i would like to convert BattleField2 to ACE

Hi Ace Team,

is there a variable if i want to deactivate the "sling arm" option?

I personally dont like it as far as i cant see the model, which is supposely an engine limit,however, just a meaning of my small arma light.

This thread is fulll of information, but very messy in the meantime.

Is an own ACE forum in the planning at devheaven?Or is there already one?

We at ACE like to spend our time developing instead of discussing :)

If you have any feedback, issues, suggestions or requests, feel free to leave a ticket at our Issue Tracker.

Is it normal that BRDM2 ,BMP2, T90 and lots of others vehicle have the engine that starts when turret is moving ? If I recall correctly it wasn't like that in previous version

http://dev-heaven.net/wiki/ace-mod2#Installation

Help yourself ;); http://dev-heaven.net/wiki/ace-mod2/Bugz

First thing I notice is that you speak nothing about CBA?

That page is really bad...

Cant you guys just line up the links for all the ace parts that are needed in that single link? Instead your redirected to all kinds of places, its quite annoying when trying to install for the first time.

On the other hand, it works flawless when you have set it up. :)

It's just really annoying to look everywhere for all the download links and what to download. Cant you make a simple list? Like; 1. Download this (5 insta dl links come) then 2: blablabla and so on.

@luckyhendrix: You need engine for power/hydraulics to turn turret.

That page is really bad...

Cant you guys just line up the links for all the ace parts that are needed in that single link? Instead your redirected to all kinds of places, its quite annoying when trying to install for the first time.

On the other hand, it works flawless when you have set it up. :)

It's just really annoying to look everywhere for all the download links and what to download. Cant you make a simple list? Like; 1. Download this (5 insta dl links come) then 2: blablabla and so on.

You mean something like this URL?

http://ace.wikkii.com/wiki/Frequently_Asked_Questions_about_ACE2