Sign in to follow this  
sickboy

A.C.E. Advanced Combat Environment - Public Beta *2*!

I am happy for your opinion. If you don't like our Mod, don't use it, and make your own. Problem solved.

Very well said. Your patience with people is amazing... much better than mine. ;)

I hate to waste thread space by thanking you... but I feel I have too. Thanks for the mod, and your time (all of you) put into it. :) Thanks for the wiki, all the documentation, the updater, everything... damn that's a lot for you all to do. I am enjoying a brand new Arma 2 because of this mod.

That HK looks awesome!!

I'm not a fan of the telescoping stock in a AR, but the model is really pretty.

ACE team i love you for the awesome Mod you guys made and the effort to keep it geting every moment even better.

I am happy for your opinion. If you don't like our Mod, don't use it, and make your own. Problem solved.

If anyone has any constructive suggestions, feedback or bug reports, we'll see you at the Issue Tracker.

Well said m8. You guys are working hard and it's just completely bad manners for anyone to try to dictate what should and should not be in your own mod.

I know we're not using ACE, it's more the rate of change and problems with our servers using sixupdate that's the issue with us than anything else, but we'd not be so crass as to lecture you guys what should and should not be your mod. :(

Thank you all, by the whole team :)

We will continue delivering you our best, and hope you will enjoy :)

(On the note of patience; I actually believe I could use an injection (or two), of patience right about now.. Im slipping.. Anyone? :P)

Panda[PL] is working on some sweet HK weapons. This is an HK416 in excellent form.

wipl.th.jpg

Aw but its yet another 5.56mm...

I'm really missing a decent 7.62mm assault rifle in ACE. The FN FAL is nice, but its got a crappy ironsight that blocks half your view. The SA58 is also nice, but its sort of the same thing. A 7.62mm with a micro cco... now that would be heaven. Devs getting any ideas? :pet5:

Well what if them Bigger Brother 417 comes storming along?

Would that settle it? :)

Panda[PL] is working on some sweet HK weapons. This is an HK416 in excellent form.

wipl.th.jpg

Sweet! Been gone a few days working on OC my new GTX260 and to find out that ACE is working on some HK action:yay: I love me some HK416!!! nice work, keep it coming ACE!!

I'm really missing a decent 7.62mm assault rifle in ACE. The FN FAL is nice, but its got a crappy ironsight that blocks half your view. The SA58 is also nice, but its sort of the same thing. A 7.62mm with a micro cco... now that would be heaven. Devs getting any ideas? :pet5:

+1 (at the risk of trying SB's patience). ;)

Partial to the larger calibers myself.

I think that would seal the deal, yes. :p

HK417 in ironsighted, micro cco, and sniper version... And silenced variants of each.

*ghaaaaargh*

*passes out from excessive drooling*

The SA58 is also nice, but its sort of the same thing. A 7.62mm with a micro cco... now that would be heaven. Devs getting any ideas? :pet5:

grr...you just reminded me that I had some variants planned for the SA58 that I never made :(

I modeled a Valdada QR-TS 3x scope for the SA58 but I haven't textured it yet.

http://www.dsarms.com/images/VT325QRTSCQ.gif

Here's something I'm tooling around with. This is the future replacement for the M249 Para in ACEX. Currently, all US Army BCTs and Stryker BCTs are being issued a M249 Para kit similar to this. There is an unpainted version also. In addition, I made an MK46 and a modernized M249 with the telescoping stock, soft ammo pouch, and 3-way RIS.

[im]http://img519.imageshack.us/img519/1466/parawoodland.th.jpg[/img]

[im]http://img412.imageshack.us/img412/3645/paradesert.th.jpg[/img]

Dasquade made the softpouch and stock, that vert grip came from the M4s in ace, made by Panda. All "accessory" textures were merged onto 1 UV sheet to reduce sections.

Wow. just wow.

Those look so cool. I was thinking about the Mk46 the other day. Glad to see those nice para models. And nice textures too. Hope they come to ACEX soon!

wipl.th.jpg

Oh nice, Love the HK versions.

Aw but its yet another 5.56mm...

No doubt, some more 7.62 options would be great. I love the 417. That HK416 will definitely suffice though.

Yup. The M224 60mm is done. Now the fun part is making the mortar system for it to be used with in-game.

Yup. The M224 60mm is done. Now the fun part is making the mortar system for it to be used with in-game.

I really suggest using some sort of animation system to adjust traverse and elevation. If you need any help feel free to ask me, I have something going on that for a player based artillery suit I am working on. Its much, much, less tedious than using the mouse to manually aim the mortar.

Obviously since its a mortar you'd want something a little bit less complex than what I have.

wcBxVaHQMpA

Also a simple in game ballistics table with different charge and round types ranges at different elevations would be pretty easy to do, or you could go a little bit more crazy and make a simple mortar ballistics computer.

---------- Post added at 11:24 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:22 AM ----------

BTW the BIS functions for calculating range tables is really good and you can use the AI purposed firing solution generator to return elevations for any charge number (magazine) you want as long as you have the write ballistics table generated in their format.

Right now I have it implemented in a click interface on the map for testing, but you could easily rig something up that is much closer to the sight adjustment interface for sniper rifles/grenade launchers.

Also I'd love if the elevation and traverse were in milliradians! :D

I really suggest using some sort of animation system to adjust traverse and elevation.

Also I'd love if the elevation and traverse were in milliradians! :D

That looks really quite impressive, seems much more realistic than the default method. I also like how you've got the map marker and blue smoke for the shell, that looked impressive, shows that the rounds aren't just spawned. :)

Please ACE team , use as much Nouber's stuff as possible !!

His work is impressive and usefull unlike new weapon models(no hate!) and things like that. I think he can upgrade the gameplay very good.

That looks really quite impressive, seems much more realistic than the default method. I also like how you've got the map marker and blue smoke for the shell, that looked impressive, shows that the rounds aren't just spawned. :)

Yea, the benefit to not using the artillery module is that rounds are tied to the player who fired them (aka kills count in multiplayer) Even though you still can "manually" aim the artillery using your mouse and the artillery dialog with the module it still grabs your rounds as they leave the gun and does some trickery on them which ends up resulting in your round not being related to your player in game.

My system is dead simple and for player fired artillery it can replicate pretty much everything the current artillery module does with a lot LESS code. It simply relies on the game mechanics that are already there. I even have a fusing system built in thats ready to accept different round types like DPICM, SADARM, and Copperhead/Excalibur in a much more realistic and easy to program way than the current artillery module. Currently I have a VT (proximity fuse) fuse implemented (you can see in the video the shell detonated above the ground) that actually has better kill ratio on troops under cover.

Yea, the benefit to not using the artillery module is that rounds are tied to the player who fired them (aka kills count in multiplayer) Even though you still can "manually" aim the artillery using your mouse and the artillery dialog with the module it still grabs your rounds as they leave the gun and does some trickery on them which ends up resulting in your round not being related to your player in game.

My system is dead simple and for player fired artillery it can replicate pretty much everything the current artillery module does with a lot LESS code. It simply relies on the game mechanics that are already there. I even have a fusing system built in thats ready to accept different round types like DPICM, SADARM, and Copperhead/Excalibur in a much more realistic and easy to program way than the current artillery module.

That's some nice work, looking forward to trying it out. I also imagine that your system would be easier to add to addon-based artillery too? Just a simple eventHandler sorta thing?

That's some nice work, looking forward to trying it out. I also imagine that your system would be easier to add to addon-based artillery too? Just a simple eventHandler sorta thing?

The only thing addons need for them to work with my suite will be two custom animations for the main turret that allow a script to control their animation phases for traverse and elevation and then the ballistics tables for each round type and charge number. That is it, the rest is handled by dialogs and controls defaulted to the suite. Additional systems can be added at my discretion or the addon makers discretion (such as self propelled guns having actual ballistics computers in them and other niceties that would not be seen on a towed piece).

Anyway, sorry. Somehow my stuff hijacks threads. Just throwing this out there as a suggestion for how to do aiming for those sweet 60mm mortars. :D

*edit*

When I say custom animations, i mean entries in the model.cfg. I am using the ArmA1 M119 model in that video with my own model.cfg.