Sign in to follow this  
sickboy

A.C.E. Advanced Combat Environment - Public Beta *2*!

A good news about our bandwidth issue regarding ACE YAS Repository !!!

Thanks to two generous members of the community and KH Friend, the bandwidth issue we were having regarding Kellys ACE YAS Repository, which we were hosting for the community, is no longer an issue.

Thanks to Nat & dyneslott.com AND Whisper and their commitment to the ArmA community, the Kellys ACE YAS Repository now has two mirrors.

They will be updated to the latest ACE versions as soon as a new one is out and we will also include a community repository where you'll find community made islands and some client side effect modes most of which are in six-network.

Please join me in thanking them for offering this for Kellys, ArmA & ACE2 Community.

Thanks guys..much appreciated!

As KH we will continue hosting various mods/patches/files within our free 3TB bw limit.

Of course our Public Arma2 & ACE servers & TS3 Server will always be open as usual, to those who want to have some teamwork & fun.

See http://forums.bistudio.com/showpost.php?p=1534749&postcount=894

Pls note URLs are case sensitive. Enter exactly as provided there.

Regards,

Cross

Edited by Cross

About the ACOG: The older model with "Ironsights" is quite rare nowadays. The army has some kind of bias against the use of tritiuum light sources.

Simmilar as with the Aimpoint the Arma1 models are quite out of date on this one aswell.

Changing the RCO model in ACE1 was a realism choice.

Ahhh crappola. :( I guess its just a matter of time before some company creates an aftermarket bit that can be bolted onto the new version of the ACOG to provide the same/similar backup sights it had before...

How about the M47 Dragon? Will that one come back?

@Cross

Great news, big THANK YOU for Nat & dyneslott.com AND Whisper, I guess you've helped to keep a lot of ACE users at the mod :)

@SilverBlue

There are already a ton of modified ACOGs that have ironsights on top, even mini reddots are applied on some, but those are not issued for the average GI (rather SF units have acces to them), they can, however, buy it for themselves, but I don't think they'll spend 1200-1500$for an almost similar sight. Besides, I've read that ACOGs that lack that feature can be used quite well in CQC situations.

using ace 204 and playing harvest red:

manhattan mision : the plane/helicopter vehicle crashes every time, and you never get to start that mission.

Just thought Id let you know.

@Cross: That is great news mate!

@ahmed please; http://dev-heaven.net/wiki/ace-mod2/Bugz

Hi, The web interface does not work anymore.

When I tried to run it, it started updateing ruby gems and installed gems.

So thats my problem, Any suggestions?

Thanks. On it!

Update

Please uninstall the current software version, and install the latest version.

This version is not affected by the issue.

Edited by Sickboy

Update

Please uninstall the current software version, and install the latest version.

This version is not affected by the issue.

Thanks busy uninstalling and will install V0.5.1

Update:

Working now thanks.

Edited by FunkD00BiesT

are there any servers running this mod i cant find it and i want EU servers not whit soms lag

hey just installed the new Six Updater, mods were skipped so i changed it [skip false], however the settings arent save and everytime i start my updater everything is gettin skipped..what im doing wrong?

just reseted skip status...^^

are there any servers running this mod i cant find it and i want EU servers not whit soms lag

Uh.. pretty much the majority?

hey just installed the new Six Updater, mods were skipped so i changed it [skip false], however the settings arent save and everytime i start my updater everything is gettin skipped..what im doing wrong?

just reseted skip status...^^

There are no updates for your installed mods if the skip status is auto set to true.

Otherwise, see documentation http://dev-heaven.net/wiki/six-arma-updater/Documentation#Reset-skip-status

umm wierd.my post was deleted..but my question was what do the demonstrators in the ACE2 couple of features vids shoot? What are those blue man targets called..are they a part of ACE2 or vanilla Arma 2 or are they a completely seperate download? Are they even available for download? thanks..please reply

They are in arma vanilla and called pop up targets.

One thing I would like to see is accuracy of AT assets (specially RPG's) being tweaked to realistic standards, in line with firearms. RPG7 sniping is a joke right now.

Yeah i should probably register in dev-heaven and open a ticket I know xD

Uh.. pretty much the majority?

yea i see that now thx for sickboys reply.

but im talking about really coop play not public servers because everbody is still running around in those servers.

yea i see that now thx for sickboys reply.

but im talking about really coop play not public servers because everbody is still running around in those servers.

Most proper coop servers are locked or hidden, and they either require a community membership (clan/squad etc), or at least being part of that without actually being a member.

One thing I would like to see is accuracy of AT assets (specially RPG's) being tweaked to realistic standards, in line with firearms. RPG7 sniping is a joke right now.

:confused: What?

Yeah you know VKing, sniping with rockets. Most normal thing eva.

:D

Yeah you know VKing, sniping with rockets. Most normal thing eva.

:D

Its just too bad they arent mouse guided so you could hit people around houses :(

I cant say that I've seen much AT sniping ingame. But even if you can hit infantry with AT at long distance: good for you, you just wasted a valuable asset. A sniper could have done the work alot cheaper.

A question for Sickone... I usually update ACE 2 with Arma addon sync 2009 and Kelly Heroes servers (my version is .204).... since they had an hard drive failure I tried to use six-updater to check my ACE2 version... everything goes fine for CBA mod but fo ACE ACEX ACESM ACEPLA i got the following messages: "Warning: folder already exists but seems to be incompatible. Not installing. If you want the software to install this mod, please delete the modfolder." Since I don't want to download everything again is there something I should do to solve this problem? Thanks...

Kelly and addonsynch is not compatible with six uptader.SIX uptader needs rsych folder and files and as i remember kellys heroes removed this folder and files becouse of bandwith issues and anounced it that you cant use six uptader with these files.

I've just made a test mission, 21-21 man forces against each other, they were firing M136s/RPGs at each, they hit pretty close to each other, but only in a ~25-30m radius, so they didn't snipe each other out (and didn't take any enemy out either...)

Its just too bad they arent mouse guided so you could hit people around houses :(

I cant say that I've seen much AT sniping ingame. But even if you can hit infantry with AT at long distance: good for you, you just wasted a valuable asset. A sniper could have done the work alot cheaper.

Cost is no issue if you have billions on your warfare account. :(

I always use nukes to capture a town.

:yay:

Having a pool where every player can get an amount lets say 50000$ as an example for every 60 minutes would be good. You can waste it on two helos, lose them in 5 minutes and run on foot for the next 55 minutes or use them wise. No personal reward like 50$ per kill. Every single player works for the team this way. The old system is like "one man army", mine mine mine!

Of course the resources won't add so nobody can save up tons of them. Would need an account for every player ( ID based ).

Edited by Enforcer1975

so if I want to use six-updater I simply have to delete ACE folders from my ARMA2 directory and dowload it again... thanks Snakedoctor34 I didn't manage they removed this folders. They were before and not now that's why six-Updater won't go.... I heard they solved the bandwith issues they had thanks to some donation. Maybe if they put .rsync folders back everything will be fine again.

Hey guys,

Great mod, just one thing. My friends and I are trying to re-enable crosshairs. We did like the FAQ says and put the "//" in front of the "#define ACE_NOCROSS"

Also I have tried changing difficult from recruit, normal and so forth and so far no luck. Any helpful hints would be great.

THanks alot for the great mod.

Here is the original listing in the file,

/*//////////////////////////////////////////////

CONFIG SETTING FOR : ACE 2 MOD - CROSSHAIRS

--------------------

FEATURES: Disables/Reduces crosshairs

---------

Possible selections as documented in ACE2 Wiki

//////////////////////////////////////////////*/

#define ACE_NOCROSS

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Here is how it looked when I modded it

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

/*//////////////////////////////////////////////

CONFIG SETTING FOR : ACE 2 MOD - CROSSHAIRS

--------------------

FEATURES: Disables/Reduces crosshairs

---------

Possible selections as documented in ACE2 Wiki

//////////////////////////////////////////////*/

//#define ACE_NOCROSS

@SpyderPB6

I guess you got to put it like this: // #define blablabla... space between "//" and "#define..."