Sign in to follow this  
sickboy

A.C.E. Advanced Combat Environment - Public Beta *2*!

@manzilla; yes, i download and proper install all the files cba/ace/acex/pla/sm

One thing that's come up - when people running ACE join a non-ACE server, they generate a whole list of errors... any chance you can build in a check to make sure the server they're joining is an ACE server before letting them use the various modules (possible exception of the sound)?

Because we cannot run the updater on our server (long story), we're waiting for the update rate to drop before trying it out, but we're getting a long list of errors, some of which are causing problems, when ACE-using public members join.

One thing that's come up - when people running ACE join a non-ACE server, they generate a whole list of errors... any chance you can build in a check to make sure the server they're joining is an ACE server before letting them use the various modules (possible exception of the sound)?

Run you server with verifySignatures=1 and don't add ACE*.bikey files.

Problem solved.

Xeno

I don't think we wanted to worry about the sigs, but that's one solution, thanks... I'll mention it.

Shoulda thought of that myself as a possible, tbh...

Thanks.

@manzilla; yes, i download and proper install all the files cba/ace/acex/pla/sm

Hmmmm. Another dumb question here but I just want to eliminate the obvious:

Have you checked the target line of your shortcut? I've had some problems like this before back in the A1 days and it was because I had a ":" in between the folder name(s) instead of ";". It's probably not the issue but I figured I'd bring it up.

Good luck.

Guess this should belong to editing but i dont want to create a new thread for that little question.

Is it possible to use e..g a backpack as obejct on the map.

Not being inside a box, but directly on the ground as the sandbag for instance.

My problem is , i want to give the backback a variable.

btw. i get serious problems since the last update to get an action entry on editor set sandbags.Anyone else ?

Edited by Nephris1

@manzilla; yes, i even try without the acex_sm; still the same problem; arms sound is fuck up, others sound are normal

Is there a way to create a "crash log"?

My game keeps crashing, at first I thought it was some problem with CAA1+SecOps (while playing in Porto), but i just got an CTD while playing in Cher MP, with ACE2 only.

Weird Bug Error

I've tried everything I can think of to fix my issue: all my sounds work fine, except for my voices and dialogue. I can't hear: 2 target that AT Soldier

None of that stuff works, and I'm really not using other sound mods other than the ACE one.

PLEASE HELP

Weird Bug Error

Indeed. I guess you have to live with that bug error forever.

Though others simply solved it by reading the FAQ (link posted in the first post).

Xeno

Weird Bug Error

I've tried everything I can think of to fix my issue: all my sounds work fine, except for my voices and dialogue. I can't hear: 2 target that AT Soldier

None of that stuff works, and I'm really not using other sound mods other than the ACE one.

PLEASE HELP

Its a feature.

http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Frequently_Asked_Questions_about_ACE2#How_do_change_the_amount_of_chatter_from_the_AI.3F

A load of guys on our server are having issues with no rifle crosshairs or grenade indicators while others have it? Is this a known bug?

A load of guys on our server are having issues with no rifle crosshairs or grenade indicators while others have it? Is this a known bug?

See the link in the post before you? Click it. Scroll down like.. 5 lines....

Its a feature.

Futile words...

Anyway, I'm guessing that there is no point in logging bugs on dev heaven with the backbacks in Domination when you respawn with a saved loadout? I'm guessing its mission specific for the save system, not mod. If there is say a launcher in hands and a backback on back, you end up with two backpacks where the one on your back cant be removed/moved (will get overwritten by whatever you place there).

Can someone help ?

For some reason the T72 gunner optics are maxed out and there's no way to zoom back.

Edit : Okay it's a feature...

Edited by NikoTeen

Ok I have a problem I only have one arm and I was really wanting to change some of your key bindings like shift + F and Shift + V and right windows key so i headed into my

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\arma 2\userconfig\ACE

clicked on Ace_keys HPP file it looks like this I want the Z key to be used here

Z = 21 it says in notepad

};

class ace_sys_interaction

{

class Interaction_Menu

{

key = 21;

shift = 0;

};

but when I go to a dead or wounded guy on the ground I get no options could really use a hand here.

P.S. It took me 15m to install the Six updater It was very easy and simple It is by far easy to understand and use I think the people crying about how hard it is to use are just the product of the Me and selfish generation that think they have the right to be spoon feed everything with out any work on there part.

Great job Sir

Hey guys,

Great mod, just one thing. My friends and I are trying to re-enable crosshairs. We did like the FAQ says and put the "//" in front of the "#define ACE_NOCROSS"

Also I have tried changing difficult from recruit, normal and so forth and so far no luck. Any helpful hints would be great.

THanks alot for the great mod.

Here is the original listing in the file,

/*//////////////////////////////////////////////

CONFIG SETTING FOR : ACE 2 MOD - CROSSHAIRS

--------------------

FEATURES: Disables/Reduces crosshairs

---------

Possible selections as documented in ACE2 Wiki

//////////////////////////////////////////////*/

#define ACE_NOCROSS

Here is how it looked when I modded it

/*//////////////////////////////////////////////

CONFIG SETTING FOR : ACE 2 MOD - CROSSHAIRS

--------------------

FEATURES: Disables/Reduces crosshairs

---------

Possible selections as documented in ACE2 Wiki

//////////////////////////////////////////////*/

//#define ACE_NOCROSS

Ok I have a problem I only have one arm and I was really wanting to change some of your key bindings like shift + F and Shift + V and right windows key so i headed into my

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\arma 2\userconfig\ACE

clicked on Ace_keys HPP file it looks like this I want the Z key to be used here

Z = 21 it says in notepad

};

class ace_sys_interaction

{

class Interaction_Menu

{

key = 21;

shift = 0;

};

but when I go to a dead or wounded guy on the ground I get no options could really use a hand here.

P.S. It took me 15m to install the Six updater It was very easy and simple It is by far easy to understand and use I think the people crying about how hard it is to use are just the product of the Me and selfish generation that think they have the right to be spoon feed everything with out any work on there part.

Great job Sir

I tried it now in the editor and the default key for this action didnt do anything. To tell you the truth, I dont even know what that keybinding is supposed to do. ;) If it is related to some special ACE feature it could be that it requires some sort of module to be running.. :confused:

How would I go about merging Vilas Vehicles into ACE?. I love his vehicle packs but want the realism benefits of ace included with them.

I'm willing to take the time to do the dirty work, just need to know what programs i need.

umm wierd.my post was deleted..but my question was what do the demonstrators in the ACE2 couple of features vids shoot? What are those blue man targets called..are they a part of ACE2 or vanilla Arma 2 or are they a completely seperate download? Are they even available for download? thanks..please reply

Hi, The web interface does not work anymore.

When I tried to run it, it started updateing ruby gems and installed gems.

Quote from CMD window:

You have requested to uninstall the gem:

Rack-1.0.0

actionpack-2.3.4 depends on [rack<~> 1.0.0)]

actionpack-2.3.5 depends on [rack<~> 1.0.0)]

if you remove this gems, one or more dependencies will not be met.

continue with unistall? [Yn]

Right now at first I thought well if it has dependancies then I'll say no.

But the interface did not open and it had some error I failed to record.

Any way ran the command again but this time I said Yes.

The web interface CMD window:

This program needs to remain running during Updater operations

starting the web client... please be patient

Missing the Rails gem. Please 'gem install -v=', update your RAILS_GEM_VERSION setting in config/environment.rb for the Rails verion you do have installed, or comment out RAILS_GEM_VERSION to use the latest version Installed.

Now I have 3 environment.rb files one of them are in "config" folder.

I have them in:

Six-Updater\tools\ruby\lib\ruby\gems\1.9.1\gems\haml-2.2.16\lib\sass

Six-Updater\tools\ruby\lib\ruby\gems\1.9.1\gems\rails-2.3.5\environments

Six-Updater\tools\ruby\lib\ruby\gems\1.9.1\gems\ruby-openid-2.1.7\examples\rails_openid\config

The File in the Config folder has no "RAILS_GEM_VERSION" only "RAILS_ENV" & "RAILS_ROOT".

So thats my problem, Any suggestions?

About the ACOG: The older model with "Ironsights" is quite rare nowadays. The army has some kind of bias against the use of tritiuum light sources.

Simmilar as with the Aimpoint the Arma1 models are quite out of date on this one aswell.

Changing the RCO model in ACE1 was a realism choice.

umm wierd.my post was deleted..but my question was what do the demonstrators in the ACE2 couple of features vids shoot? What are those blue man targets called..are they a part of ACE2 or vanilla Arma 2 or are they a completely seperate download? Are they even available for download? thanks..please reply

Did you check the TARGETS in the editor? Do that and you shall find what you need. Some are called popup targets. They will come back up after you shoot them down. Both vanilla ARMA and ACE2 comes with targets. Same place where you find units/vehicles. Put yourself out then change to EMPTY and scroll the list for TARGETS.