Sign in to follow this  
sickboy

A.C.E. Advanced Combat Environment - Public Beta *2*!

That may very well be, but most if not all replies and issues have been processed, and either workarounds were found, or actual fixes were implemented.

See http://dev-heaven.net/projects/activity/six-arma-updater

and http://dev-heaven.net/projects/six-arma-updater/news

I don't say join Dev-Heaven, but you could use its facility, the Six Updater Issue Tracker, to help yourself by helping me track, improve and fix issues,

in a very efficient manner.

If you want to unbaffel a little and understand the how and why, please read up on the links posted in the previous post :)

I have actually setup 2 new videos, showing the improved GUI (Which is still work in progress):

@shk; Wow, amazing!

Edited by Sickboy

Finally installed this to give it a try. I really enjoy the having the spotting rifle on the SMAW, more so after shooting a bad guy in the chest with a spotting round. :)

Ok I have a problem I only have one arm and I was really wanting to change some of your key bindings like shift + F and Shift + V and right windows key so i headed into my

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\arma 2\userconfig\ACE

clicked on Ace_keys HPP file it looks like this I want the Z key to be used here

Z = 21 it says in notepad

};

class ace_sys_interaction

{

class Interaction_Menu

{

key = 21;

shift = 0;

};

but when I go to a dead or wounded guy on the ground I get no options could really use a hand here.

P.S. It took me 15m to install the Six updater It was very easy and simple It is by far easy to understand and use I think the people crying about how hard it is to use are just the product of the Me and selfish generation that think they have the right to be spoon feed everything with out any work on there part.

Great job Sir

Anyone have a clue what I'm doing wrong with the settings here?

I followed what was given in the readme file but no luck

Lol, but you're missing the obvious: He should carry a DMR and a SMAW :p

That'd be going pretty light. At least an M109, a Javelin launcher and a backpack with ammo for both. I've seen this loadout a few times on public servers and it was a rofl moment each time :)

That'd be going pretty light. At least an M109, a Javelin launcher and a backpack with ammo for both. I've seen this loadout a few times on public servers and it was a rofl moment each time :)

can you have both a javelin and a backpack? 0_o I need to try that! ahhaha!

I got a problem with ACE Interaction, i can't get the menu for M2/Doctor.

All the other key binds are working, but not the ace_interaction.

I've tried to assign others keys than the default "Win L" but that changes nothing. As it works for lot of guys if not all, there is probably something i've missed somewhere ?

Interaction requires something to be configured ?

Dear ACE team, the next comment will include an outrageous whining, not against You, but rather against other whiners who made you do what you did. I know it won't be changed back, because I think I'm in absolute minority with this opinion. Sorry, but I had to give it out.

[whining]

Give us back the the M4/M203/RCO made by Panda into the mod, and forget this shitty model from ArmA 1. Those complaining about "I can't go fight CQB with the ACOG" ,do a little practice, and make some compromises. Nobody whined for CQB sights for the OPFOR weapons or for G36 series (wich have it modelled default).

[/whining]

Sorry in advance from the ones I might insult with this, it's not personal, but you managed to degrade a very tiny feature in the mod.

How long does it take for you guys to update ACE ? The six installer takes from 40 minutes to 1 hour 20 minutes and in the process always chews up my RAM, leaving me with no option but to restart. I wonder if it's a problem on my end.

How long does it take for you guys to update ACE ? The six installer takes from 40 minutes to 1 hour 20 minutes and in the process always chews up my RAM, leaving me with no option but to restart. I wonder if it's a problem on my end.

It takes a long time the first time you get it setup as it will be downloading the full files for whatever mod you set it up to sync. After that first loooong time, the daily update only takes a couple of minutes.

Dear ACE team, the next comment will include an outrageous whining, not against You, but rather against other whiners who made you do what you did. I know it won't be changed back, because I think I'm in absolute minority with this opinion. Sorry, but I had to give it out.

[whining]

Give us back the the M4/M203/RCO made by Panda into the mod, and forget this shitty model from ArmA 1. Those complaining about "I can't go fight CQB with the ACOG" ,do a little practice, and make some compromises. Nobody whined for CQB sights for the OPFOR weapons or for G36 series (wich have it modelled default).

[/whining]

Sorry in advance from the ones I might insult with this, it's not personal, but you managed to degrade a very tiny feature in the mod.

That's the part of their "balance between realism & confort" ;)

[whining]

[/whining]

They are still in. ACE_blabalblam4_RCO2

Ok I scanned quite a few pages but not all here (over 64 pages) but my question is this. As good as ACE appears how much of a strain will it put on our systems? I mean ArmA 2 as it is pulls on a LOT of our computers recources and such (over 8gigs of graphics and such, if I understand correctly). Out clan is interested in trying ACE and we will, but we are kind of concerned since most of us barely have computers strong enough to pull ArmA 2 vanilla.

M4A1 M203 RCO with backup sight is back with last uptade (see my signature).But unfortunately there is only one weapon with this back up sight.

Ok I scanned quite a few pages but not all here (over 64 pages) but my question is this. As good as ACE appears how much of a strain will it put on our systems? I mean ArmA 2 as it is pulls on a LOT of our computers recources and such (over 8gigs of graphics and such, if I understand correctly). Out clan is interested in trying ACE and we will, but we are kind of concerned since most of us barely have computers strong enough to pull ArmA 2 vanilla.

It depends on a lot of factors really. And it is specific to each user, so can't give you even a guest estimate. My FPS is lower by 3 tops with ACE2, but i can say that the code has greatly been improved over ACE1, hence lower strain on both server and client machine.

Without a test, no one would be able to tell you how is gonna work for you (just the same as it is with vanilla A2).

I do not know what happened. But after the recent ups. U.S. ARMY uses only the M16 + 203. Or the M16. No tools sights, just old M16, and from what I remember they used modern equipment. In USCM is all right. Any help: (?

They are still in. ACE_blabalblam4_RCO2

Well that definetly made my day better, thank you Sickboy!:)

I do not know what happened. But after the recent ups. U.S. ARMY uses only the M16 + 203. Or the M16. No tools sights, just old M16, and from what I remember they used modern equipment. In USCM is all right. Any help: (?

No, they are using M16s from the beginning by default, the reason I think is that only full-auto capable M4A1 is available in ArmA2 yet, wether most Army units are using the 3 round burst M4. I think they'll retain the M16s until M4s are available

Edited by Banderas

It takes a long time the first time you get it setup as it will be downloading the full files for whatever mod you set it up to sync. After that first loooong time, the daily update only takes a couple of minutes.

Well there must be something wrong at my end. All of the ACE updates take a very long time and waste my RAM.

Well there must be something wrong at my end. All of the ACE updates take a very long time and waste my RAM.

Is Logitech-Webcam (At about the end of the page) FAQ item possibly related to your issue ?

Edited by Sickboy

Hi,

I just dl the Beta 2, install it (but without the six updater), and i have a problem with firing sound; i can hear the vehiculs sound, the impact sound (grenade, luncher, ricochet,...), but not the arms sound. Its strange; on PLA soldier i can hear it perfectly, but with m4 or cobra for example, i just can hear the impact.

Due to my connection problem, i dont Dl the update AFTER the beta2, there is a bug fix for this in ?

Thx, and sorry if the problem are already solve

@LiberNull777

Dont worry matey, i guess everybody has it like that at the moment... they havent been given proper gear yet?

Hi,

I just dl the Beta 2, install it (but without the six updater), and i have a problem with firing sound; i can hear the vehiculs sound, the impact sound (grenade, luncher, ricochet,...), but not the arms sound. Its strange; on PLA soldier i can hear it perfectly, but with m4 or cobra for example, i just can hear the impact.

Due to my connection problem, i dont Dl the update AFTER the beta2, there is a bug fix for this in ?

Thx, and sorry if the problem are already solve

Did you DL ACE_SM as well? That may be the problem. Not sure though.