Sign in to follow this  
sickboy

A.C.E. Advanced Combat Environment - Public Beta *2*!

I figured that out when i tried to find an up to date version of the mod. Three had different versions although they were marked as up to date mirrors and they all had an older version. :rolleyes:

I least i managed to get the newest release. :bounce3:

@Sickboy. Not the ones who update will have the problem. Looks at KH f.e. And i didn't say i had a problem with updating, one problem are the servers not keeping up with the versions.

If this keeps up there will be no more mirror to update from when they all hit their traffic limits or go offline because of extra costs.

Edited by Enforcer1975

I figured that out when i tried to find an up to date version of the mod. Three had different versions although they were marked as up to date mirrors and they all had an older version. :rolleyes:

I least i managed to get the newest release. :bounce3:

@Sickboy. Not the ones who update will have the problem. Looks at KH f.e. And i didn't say i had a problem with updating, one problem are the servers not keeping up with the versions.

If this keeps up there will be no more mirror to update from when they all hit their traffic limits or go offline because of extra costs.

There are solutions for servers out there; http://dev-heaven.net/wiki/six-arma-updater/Server

And otherwise; feel free to request functionality or discuss possible options :)

Many servers already manage to stay up2date pretty well, or manage to find ways to do so.

Just give it all a bit time :)

Also, the more and the sooner people help themselves by http://dev-heaven.net/wiki/six-arma-updater/Bugz on the Issue tracker..

The sooner the update experience will be something as simple and short as checking e-mail, and we all live happily ever after :P

Edited by Sickboy

@ ACE team: as far as you know, is there any penalty for 3 or 4 guys with slightly different release versions joining a non-dedicated server game? I can guess that the recommendation will be to make sure we've all updated to the same version, but apart from that advice is there any foreseen reasons why slight version async would be a problem?

Absolutely not recommended to play with different versions on the same servers for various reasons.

There are also version checking systems in place to prevent it (but they can only act late, ingame).

Let's see if we can allow different minor versions after 1.00

@ ACE team: as far as you know, is there any penalty for 3 or 4 guys with slightly different release versions joining a non-dedicated server game? I can guess that the recommendation will be to make sure we've all updated to the same version, but apart from that advice is there any foreseen reasons why slight version async would be a problem?

You may just crash the server. If this is not a problem i dont know what is.

can anyone tell me what exectly the panic_button does?

found it in the userconfig/ace_keys.hpp:

class ace_sys_stamina

{

class Panic_Button

{

key = 69; // Num - Whatever

};

};

is it kind of adrenaline in situations you have to run faster or longer to save your live?

doesnt work for me at the moment.

I know ACE devs are creating Mi-28N, so here is pic of its cockpit :mi-2-800.jpg

Left pilot's cockpit, the navigator's cockpit on the right...

mi-3-800.jpg

Link

I have a queik (I hope) question.

I had SOW MOD install with SIX installer, but nok I would like to delete it and get CSM2 mod instead.

So how do I get SOW out and CSM in ?

You should recieve an annoying message along with a ping sound and you will not be able to play because this message reminds you of having an incompatible version every couple of seconds. The newest one is you get kicked immediatly. :eek:

So is ACE 2 beta compatible with the Soviet vehicles pack

by

vilas

The pack with the T55' and T62's ect.?

Works fine for me :)

Works fine for me :)

Ok great!, so the damage values ballistics ect. work alright with the other content in ACE 2?.

No funky bugs like Vilas vehicles not being able to destroy ACE 2 vehicles ect?.

Ok great!, so the damage values ballistics ect. work alright with the other content in ACE 2?.

No funky bugs like Vilas vehicles not being able to destroy ACE 2 vehicles ect?.

I'm not sure i've only had a couple battles with those units... 2 T-80u's vs 2 Tusk M1A1's resulted in both T-80's being destroyed and one tusk being disabled same result after 3 tests... T-55's and 64's are ripped apart unless they out number the enemy by a good margin but that's to be expected...

The file is now probably called chcp.exe.com (Reference: http://www.fileinfo.com/help/windows-show-extensions.html) please rename it properly to chcp.exe or follow up on http://dev-heaven.net/wiki/six-arma-updater/Bugz

Also please make sure you have the latest version installed, 0.4.8.

That seems to have fixed that problem, thanks a lot. I'm not sure why I couldn't figure that out, haha, I've actually had that happen once in the past.

Also, the most recent version I have found was 4.7, but it seems to have worked fine anyway.

Thanks again.

Thanks a lot Cross (KH) for all the service you guys do and have done!

It was a little expected and (at least for me) very much underlines why the Updater Platform was built in the first place. :)

Whilst I don't want to get into an argument about which updater is the best I do find your attitude rather blinkered. Not everyone can use your updater, I'm a software developer such as yourself and six-updater still refuses to work on my windows 7 platform. I totally support all the hard work you and the rest of the ACE team have done and that's why we run the YAS service but I do get rather annoyed with your constant 'use my software' argument. I'm sorry if this comes across badly for you but my opinion is shared by 3000 other users.

Edited by [KH]Jman

Jman;1532801']Whilst I don't want to get into an argument about which updater is the best I do find your attitude rather blinkered. Not everyone can use your updater' date=' I'm a software developer such as yourself and six-updater still refuses to work on my windows 7 platform. I totally support all the hard work you and the rest of the ACE team have done and that's why we run the YAS service but I do get rather annoyed with your constant 'use my software' argument. I'm sorry if this comes across badly for you but my opinion is shared by 3000 other users.[/quote']

I didn't mean anything bad with it at all, still I believe very much in the concept, and the facts simply cannot be ignored.

Bandwidth costs money, and is a problem everywhere.

Especially with large mods like ours, or even bigger ones etc.

I'll not get into details again, but it really could save you, other hosters and users 100's of GB's and TB's.

You guys advertise Yoma, we advertise Six Updater, I think there's nothing wrong with either ?

Re your issue:

There are countless Windows 7 users where it runs smoothly.

If you provide the information requested in the ticket, I might even be able to solve your issue.

is the traffic for sixupdater unlimited? Who will carry those 6TB of traffic if (KH) closes?

I don't advertise Yoma, i use what works best for me.

I did add a ticket a few weeks back, other than you RDC'ing into my computer and seeing for yourself it's not gonna go anywhere.

@Blechreiz; Not unlimited, but it is very scalable. There are already 9 mirrors in the network, and i'm already looking at 3rd party and own expansion.

Altough I might seem to be advertising again.. there might not be 6 TB data needed if a (large) portion of that bandwidth was used for updating existing installations. (That is where rSync benefits up to high ratios even)

Jman;1532864']I don't advertise Yoma' date=' i use what works best for me.

I did add a ticket a few weeks back, other than you RDC'ing into my computer and seeing for yourself it's not gonna go anywhere.[/quote']

Maybe not you personally no :)

Anyway, I was referring at the same ticket. If you would be so kind to take another look to answer the questions, I would be pleased to try to resolve the issue.

Edited by Sickboy

The problem here is, no matter how great the six-updater is, some people prefer to use YAS just because they don't like six-updater OR it doesn't run on their PCs. Personally I use six-updater and am happy with it.

Delta patching and mirroring is definitely the upsides of six-updater, that's a fact.

All we were trying to do here was to provide the community a different mean of download/update so that ACE can reach more people or those people do not refrain from getting ACE just because they were put-off by the method it is being distributed.

It was a bit sad to see you adding smiling faces after saying that you were expecting it.

Anyhow...there has been some developments since I've written that post. So we MAY have some positive news where Bandwidth limit is no longer an issue!! :)

I will post again here if we can turn it into something concrete for the community.

Thanks a lot JMan and Cross.

Cross, honestly ... i'm a smiley maniac! It is that the forum most of the time doesn't allow too many, but I seem to be unable to shake the smiley-madness... :)

(It is more often that people see things in my posts that I don't mean, I guess it is mostly due to my writing being sloppy due to being in a hurry most of the time)

I have the utmost respect for you and KH in general, for everything you guys have done and are still doing, the support and provided Yoma mirror is a godsend, much gratitude from me and the whole team!

Please, if I ever made it look otherwise, my sincerest apologies!

Oh and nice news! :)

Edited by Sickboy

Since the last 2 update's.. I'm getting rather alot of "Recieving" issues.

For the first 30 mins im ok (from reboot).. but then they get more frequent.. closer to 5 mins apart.

Shift + Num - FLUSH only delays the for a few extra mins.

I havent changed any settings, fresh install of Arma and Ace is the only mod I currently have downloaded.

Any help would be nice

Vista 64

Quad @ 3.0

4gb @ 1066

9800gt

EVGA FTF 750i

Get the very latest version of Zeus, was released just after the latest ACE AFAIK. :)