Sign in to follow this  
sickboy

A.C.E. Advanced Combat Environment - Public Beta *2*!

Is the ability to arrest people or search and disarm them in yet? I've found I'm able to heal enemy troops and disarm them while they are bleeding and screaming, but I'm not seeing any definite signs of anything working with regards to the arrest mode. It certainly didn't stop friendly AI from blasting the wounded men. :eek:

Dont you mean you would rather they fired at infantry instead of armoured vehicles

yes :)

Hi,

I am locked out the six updater website with a message informing me "Sorry, i am not allowed to log into the site until your registration has been confirmed". This is ongoing two weeks today.

Tried contacting you via GUI web page but it says, i cant i dont have permission.

Can you delete any acccount i have set up so i can start again please, i think when i set up i did some thing wrong.

Which website?

This one = http://dev-heaven.net/projects/list_files/six-arma-updater

OR

This one = http://localhost:16333/main

Registration is not required on either of them.

I dont think any Aussie public server has had to resort to Sig check due to the lack of retards and destructive types seen elsewhere. So if we are forced to use sig check when players utlise side addons to accompany ACE our community has a problem.

Those same Addons with pre 202 never crashed our server. Keep up the great work :)

Those bad things (Server crashes) have just started to happen with the latest release, ACE up intill the latest has been great.

Wouldn't it be easier to allow the keys of those client side addons on the server in the first place?

Running 2 different ACE versions, or 2 diff CBA vers will most likely result in a server crash

Version 203 and 163 not announced? Im already up-to date ;) :D

sickboy.... do u know where i can get a link to download the Rsync folders? trying to walk some 1 thru the process but the only link available on armoholic is from file planet and its very slow

now go and fly like an eagle and seek the answers to your questions by reading the whole thread.....

You don't need to be like that. I ain't got time to read the whole thread, nor do i have time to check this forum every 2 seconds.

Hey every one who has anything common to A.C.E mod making, i'm on 80% pleased to use this mod to play with and all that, but one thing i'd really see, is that RCO scope which was used in ArmA1... i am talking about the one which has iron sights on top of the scope itself... so far, with all the upcoming patches for ACE i only see a replacement of it with ACOG, which does not have iron sights, also, think in ACE1 was animated sights for sub grenade launcher for rifles... m203 or something, when u turn to grenade launcher... but that's only two things i would really love to see once again, if i post that comment not at a right place or anything, let me know ok? thanks... cheers.

in the changlog is mentioned about the fastrope function is that singleplayer or now multiplayer

It's for both. Only a small restriction, the pilot has to be a human player in the current implementation.

Primary goal is to get it working 100% for MP.

Xeno

sickboy.... do u know where i can get a link to download the Rsync folders? trying to walk some 1 thru the process but the only link available on armoholic is from file planet and its very slow

@Nemesis

You could try the links from our forums which also include a guide on how to use the tool from the console version.

hi, im using the latest version of ace and i have a problem where sometimes my guns sound will just dissapear and i will get no noise when i shoot, i can hear everything else around me including my squad mates/enemies gun shots, just not mine.

it seems to happen randomly, for example at the start of the mission i could hear my gun fine but then it suddenly seemed to stop making any noise mid way through the mission.

does anyone else have this problem ?

how do you use the fastroping module the wiki does not mention how to make it work

thanks

simply put it on map then jump in a helo as pilot , you must be stopped at less than 40 meter s altitude.

=(+)=TheVoodoo

Are there any plans replacing the vanilla javelin with a reworked one that has HUD & realistic optics?

Yes , vigilante is doing a realistic Javelin for ACE : WIP can be seen here :

hi, im using the latest version of ace and i have a problem where sometimes my guns sound will just dissapear and i will get no noise when i shoot, i can hear everything else around me including my squad mates/enemies gun shots, just not mine.

it seems to happen randomly, for example at the start of the mission i could hear my gun fine but then it suddenly seemed to stop making any noise mid way through the mission.

does anyone else have this problem ?

Same, but it doesn't happen for User made weapons like the PLA and P:UKF.

Since updating an hour ago i've been unable to run my game with ACE and CBA - I hit the main menu then get a CTD. The message I get is

include file ca\editor\data\scripts\dikcodes.h not found

Previous versions of ACE ran perfectly well, it's just tonights update thats changed things. Running vanilla ArmA works.

Dont know what magic you guys did with the latest version but its smooth as silk again. :) Thank you very much ACE team.

How the earplugs work is also a big step forward. Splendid work.

I wanted to create a campaign with ACE and stuff.Sadly in SP its unplayeble.

In SP you need the Chatter enabled for atmosphere, but the amount of spam is ridicoulis.Your team is spamming "Cover, Go,Il Cover" EVERY secound.

I tested it with 1.5 vanilla, no problems. I know DevHeaven is the place to post this, i just wanted to mention it here too, cause it makes SP unplayeble.

Also its sad that ACEX only[if you want the Weapons and stuff] is not working without ACE.

Damn i have not played this for a while and i am still on the old version (beta 1)

Will the sixupdater automagically update me to the current beta 2, or do i need to uninstall everything and reinstall a new sixupdater?

It will update it all. You might have to synchronize it before you can download the new bits that you are missing.

Edit: Bits like @ACE_PLA and @ACE_SM.

I already had the SM part added, the PLA part i did not, updating/installing it now (i think? i still hate this bloody updater)

---------- Post added at 09:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:40 PM ----------

This may take some time LOL!

---------- Post added at 09:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:41 PM ----------

It keeps telling me that it is set to skip the updates :/