Sign in to follow this  
sickboy

A.C.E. Advanced Combat Environment - Public Beta *2*!

Which ammo crate contains the laser range finder? Also what is the actual item called?

Edit: found it

Whats the name of the wind meter and which crate contains it?

Edited by Njayjay

Which ammo crate contains the laser range finder? Also what is the actual item called?

Edit: found it

Whats the name of the wind meter and which crate contains it?

Afaik it's not in a crate ( yet ).

I was told ues this for the editor.

this addweaponcargo ["ACE_Kestrel4500",1]

It's a bit confusing to use. Can't find out what direction the wind is blowing :confused:

Hey Sickboy :) congratulations on a twofold event - the release of ACE2 and the implementation of the SIX update service. All in all, what with your almost 24/7 presence and endless support posts, how do you think it went? I think it's a stunning achievement, surely one of the great milestones in ArmA2 lifetime.

I shared the initial confusions & niggles that many other people suffered, but having implemented it I find it looks after itself. I'm still not 100% on how it all can be configured & changed by the user, but I'm impressed that the system even exists and works for almost everyone. AND there's still the option to manually download the milestones so that's all good.

And - thanks for making a special little JTD option :) the JTD stuff will be tweaked for ACE2 and DAC usage, still standalone but specifically tested against these major developments. I've been playing ArmA2 more then tweaking JTD recently, I suggest you take some time off and do the same :) I'm having a whale of a time :)

Toodles, and again congrats.

I got this minor error when I was a Medic today, It seems that the Health numbers have stayed on my screen after I had turned off Show Health in co@40_Domination_1_28A2_West_ACE.Chernarus

Is this ACE or Dom error also?

th_MedicHealthNumberBug.jpg

Hmmmm. I've never seen this before. What exactly are those things you have circled in the screen shot? Maybe my brain is a bit fried this morning but I don't recall ever seeing that before. Does it happen with any other missions?

Hey that PLA those soldiers neck look so tight it looks a bit retarted you guys gonna change that? :cool:

Hey that PLA those soldiers neck look so tight it looks a bit retarted you guys gonna change that? :cool:

It's been mentioned already, but that should probably be posted in fromz's PLA thread. I'm not sure what his answer is regarding a fix but I'm positive he knows about it. A couple of the beta testers, myself included, mentioned this bug about a month ago during initial testing. I'm surprised he didn't get it fixed already.

One more thing, if you are gonna mention any bugs you find do not do it here. Use the DH ACE2 bug tracker(link in first post) or else the bugs you report most likely will not get noticed. Just a suggestion. The bug tracker is pretty nice tool.

Hey Sickboy :) congratulations on a twofold event - the release of ACE2 and the implementation of the SIX update service. All in all, what with your almost 24/7 presence and endless support posts, how do you think it went? I think it's a stunning achievement, surely one of the great milestones in ArmA2 lifetime.

I shared the initial confusions & niggles that many other people suffered, but having implemented it I find it looks after itself. I'm still not 100% on how it all can be configured & changed by the user, but I'm impressed that the system even exists and works for almost everyone. AND there's still the option to manually download the milestones so that's all good.

And - thanks for making a special little JTD option :) the JTD stuff will be tweaked for ACE2 and DAC usage, still standalone but specifically tested against these major developments. I've been playing ArmA2 more then tweaking JTD recently, I suggest you take some time off and do the same :) I'm having a whale of a time :)

Toodles, and again congrats.

Thanks man! I'd call it a big success, even though the angry/sad posts some ppl make, make it look differently :P

You know how it goes, 1:100 happy persons will say so, while 100:1 sad persons will come and complain..

I am glad to find out that most of the choices were the correct ones, as especially scalability and compatibility were major concerns for me.

And altough we're not there just yet, things look very very good :)

I've only started programming (in general) not much over a year ago, so the Updater Suite was basically a lot of learning a long the way.

I am especially happy to see people are deploying the software in various ways, beyond the standard usage,

like to remotely manage a server, schedule the console client, or by coming up with alternative clients, like written in Visual Basic, or a linux console client.

Also happy with the people who did take the time to create a ticket, respond to my questions, or take required actions to verify a fix; Very constructive and productive.

Now with hopefully most severe issues out of the way, I hope to have some time to breath, regroup, and then deliver a mindblowing, easy to use and understand GUI.

I also hope to open up the Mods and Servers API on the Updater Portal site. So server owners / mod teams can manage their own, deploy updates, etc.

Re JTD: I experienced it fully this weekend; It was my first game in a very long time (I think the last time I seriously played arma (1/2) is like 2 years ago),

and I enjoyed the fires, smoke, and everything very much. Especially after a long time, it made me realize how great these series actually are.

Looking forward to your future releases.

Edited by Sickboy

That does not work

Does "I" abbreviate a variable ? e.g. Illuminant?

I have tried G_I as variable but it doesnt emit any light when in a Weaponsholder.

question&possibly bug: i mentioned this one 20 pages ago but i guess it would slip away. no problem. when i use gas mask , balaclava or any other attachment to the face, my face turns into "default face by arma2". when i get the masks off, it stays until a respawn. should i write a ticket for it or its a known issue , or is this even an issue? thanks again ace team. you guys did a great job , im in love with the ACE 2.

note: im having this issue after i installed win7. i installed ace 2 195 and arma patch 1.05 at the same time with win7. so i don't know which one is causing this.

note 2: i also think that, distribution system for ace 2 is quick and easy. a pain in the neck for starters that's for sure. but arma is not a game for starters i guess.

Edited by Gungoren

;1527574']question&possibly bug: i mentioned this one 20 pages ago but i guess it would slip away. no problem. when i use gas mask ' date=' balaclava or any other attachment to the face, my face turns into "default face by arma2". when i get the masks off, it stays until a respawn. should i write a ticket for it or its a known issue , or is this even an issue? thanks again ace team. you guys did a great job , [b']im in love with the ACE 2[/b].

note: im having this issue after i installed win7. i installed ace 2 195 and arma patch 1.05 at the same time with win7. so i don't know which one is causing this.

note 2: i also think that, distribution system for ace 2 is quick and easy. a pain in the neck for starters that's for sure. but arma is not a game for starters i guess.

you need to go to your Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\userconfig\ACE\ace_clientside_config and change the identity section to your user profile.

//////////////////////////////////////////////*/

class Identity

{

face="Face45";

glasses="Tactical";

speaker="Male02";

squad="";

pitch=1;

name = "YOUR NAME";

};

Oh yes ofcourse you can have an icon on your desktop. In your ARMA2 directory you have ARMA2.EXE. Send that to desktop and you have it there. And in its properties/TARGET line you add: -mod=@CBA;@ACE;@ACEX;@ACE_SM -nosplash (check the addon names properly - im not home!). Thats the same way you do normally when launching addons with ARMA.

Even better:

Im sure though that when you use the Six Updater and install ACE2 you will get an ACE2 ARMA2 launcher icon in the ARMA2 folder wich you can just send to desktop. ;) Look into your ARMA2 folder - there should be 1 or 2 icons that says @ACE;@ACEX;@ACE_SM...

I'm looking in the arma 2 folder and there's no icon that says launch, nor in the @ACE, @ACEX, @ACE_Sm... folders. I tried changing the target, and it just says that the target line is not valid.

I'm looking in the arma 2 folder and there's no icon that says launch, nor in the @ACE, @ACEX, @ACE_Sm... folders. I tried changing the target, and it just says that the target line is not valid.

Not IN the ACE folders... In the ARMA2 root folder. I have a shortcut right there looking like this: Play ArmA2 with @CBA;@ACE;@ACEX;@ACEX_SM (the installation created it).

Send that to desktop or do as i explained with the normal modline setup.

@migkillertwo

Run uptaders SIX Console not GUI (After you install via GUI).Ä°t seems GUI doesnt create shortcuts after the launch.One of my firend had the same issue last night.

Ok then add this to your ARMA2 shortcut you made from the standard ARMA2.EXE

Right click and choose properties. Tab "shortcut" and in the TARGET box right after the game path (after the last quote " plus 1 space) add this:

-mod=@CBA;@ACE;@ACEX;@ACEX_SM -nosplash

Where should JTD be in my shortcut target to get its effects? Should it still come before all the ACE stuff?

Where should JTD be in my shortcut target to get its effects? Should it still come before all the ACE stuff?

Doesn't make any difference. JTD only has a dependency on CBA, nothing else, it's nothing but new stuff layered over old stuff.

Hi guys, loving the mod. However I have not been able to play on an ace2 server since i installed the 1.05 patch. When i use the ACE2 shortcut to launch the game it tells me the 1.05 patch is available (already installed). I have reinstalled the mod and made sure it is updated. A bit stumpted as to what i should do really. Attempting to patch again just gives me a message saying the game is up to date. Any ideas? Thanks

Hi guys, loving the mod. However I have not been able to play on an ace2 server since i installed the 1.05 patch. When i use the ACE2 shortcut to launch the game it tells me the 1.05 patch is available (already installed). I have reinstalled the mod and made sure it is updated. A bit stumpted as to what i should do really. Attempting to patch again just gives me a message saying the game is up to date. Any ideas? Thanks

i guess youre launching the old beta exe.

Hi,

I dont know if this is the right thread or not, but...

We are trying to play mission Airbase 1.01 with ACE on our server. Everytime we try to run it we get two kind of error reports:

1. Error: "somethingsomething\x_vehirespawn2.sqf not found"

2. Warning Message: You cannot play/edit this mission; it is dependent on downloadable content that has been deleted. ace_sys_goggles

Ace is running version 197 with latest official ArmA 2 patch 1.05.

What could be the problem?

One word to all involved in this project: thanks :)

Is it possible to reinstate the crosshair? IMO playing in 2d without aiming cues is just bs, I want to use afp's minimal crosshair mod but dont know how to make it work with ace...

cheers

Hi,

I dont know if this is the right thread or not, but...

We are trying to play mission Airbase 1.01 with ACE on our server. Everytime we try to run it we get two kind of error reports:

1. Error: "somethingsomething\x_vehirespawn2.sqf not found"

2. Warning Message: You cannot play/edit this mission; it is dependent on downloadable content that has been deleted. ace_sys_goggles

Ace is running version 197 with latest official ArmA 2 patch 1.05.

What could be the problem?

The first error is a missing script in the mission.

The second one...... not too sure.

Guys... I'm trying to download CBA, but I can't find this thing anywhere! the link on the main post takes me to some link where there is no download...

is this thign installed the same way as any other mod? (using arma 2 launcher)