Sign in to follow this  
sickboy

A.C.E. Advanced Combat Environment - Public Beta *2*!

Hi, whats the latest six-updater and where can I find it?
Hi. The answer to that can be found in the first post of this thread.

Check and make sure the server has the new key files that were issued with the beta2 release of ACE2 in it's ...\ArmA 2\Keys folder

They new ones are "CBA_Test2.bikey", "ACE_Test2.bikey", "ACEX_Test2.bikey", ""ACEX_PLA_Test2.bikey" and "ACEX_SM_Test2.bikey", whereas the old ones were called "*_Test.bikey"

Server has new keys, very strange issue as he and one other have had the same problem, the problem has now been fixed on his side after yet another delet/re-install of CBA after a defrag.

This was after multiple delete/re-installs along with transferring a copy of the arrays and common files from the server so have no idea as to what was his issue. Just glad it's working for him now.

Memphis; Please check the program files folder, and continue in a ticket non the less. Thanks.

You can probably work around the problem if you make a windows user account without umlaut / special symbol, but it's no solution :)

Edited by Sickboy

appdata/roaming is secret/protected directory as i know.First you have to configue win7 to show secret/procted directories.

Hi, whats the latest six-updater and where can I find it?

First post. That's usually where the links for Mods and such are in their threads.

Edited by Manzilla

@Sickboy

I added a Ticket in the Bugtracker, thanks for your massive effort here. So I choosed you for Community award (I personally think you earned it).

Ticket number is #7445

@snakedoctor34

Already checked this and the folders and content stored in there are all visible (as given in Extras/folderoptions/)

Username has changed to one without space and without ö, but as explained...no result.

I did that thing with the updater, and when it opens the web client, it just says "Oops, this link appears to be broken"

Hey Sickboy,

I just followed the instructions given in the Ticket and the second updated file worked. It seems that six-updater is working properly now...really worth it to vote you for Community award...thank you.

Just used Six Updater GUI, I choose the MOD above,

It has transferred all the files into the ARMA2 Folder in Programme files, on XP

I run the Game and click Multi Player, I cant enter any ACE Multi player Servers.

I keep getting cant enter bla bla bla because something something been Deleted.

Is there something Ive missed, I have been trying to find something about this on the forum but cant.

Appreciate any help

:confused:

Hello!

My problem is that i cant upgrade ACE2 to the new 1.5 patch.

When i start ARMA2 in steam it got the 1.5 patch installed, but when i start ARMA2 ACE2 in sixupdater its only version 1.4. When i try to connect multiplayer server it only tells me to install patch 1.5. I have tried to update both sixupdater and download the latest addon changes with addon sync. :confused:

Anyone got a solution?

Thanx

KIrie

Guys, I built a GUI in Visual Basic if anyone is interested.

When you downloaded the .zip files did you put them in the Six Updater folder or the ArmA 2 folder, they should be in the Six Updater folder.

Did you add the Ace mods to your command line, alternatively you can use an launcher program that makes it easier like this one:

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=6649

Edited by randir14

Guys, I built a GUI in Visual Basic if anyone is interested.

Now we're talking, good job, post please (preferably with source).

When I try to update ACE the sixupdater says to skip, that is normal?

"Auto Skip" is ticked at the main screen of the web updater. You can un-tick it.

Hello!

When i start ARMA2 in steam it got the 1.5 patch installed, but when i start ARMA2 ACE2 in sixupdater its only version 1.4. When i try to connect multiplayer server it only tells me to install patch 1.5. I have tried to update both sixupdater and download the latest addon changes with addon sync. :confused:

Anyone got a solution?

Thanx

KIrie

so, are you starting ace2 with a shortcut pointing to the old arma2 beta exe?

this may seem like a very stupid question and probably easy to answer....

I installed ACE2 for Arma II, and managed to check it out a bit. Now that i got back out of the game... how the heck do i get back into it to play it again??? What do i have to do? Im dumbfounded because when i launch the ARMA2 it doesnt load the mod...

Not sure this is the right place to post this, but ever since downloading the latest ACE version and/or ACEX PLA, I don't have a crosshair. I have looked in my clientside config file and tried editting the ACE 2 MOD - CROSSHAIRS section to no avail. Any suggestions?

Well I have to put my suggestion here since my email is not working, so I cannot activate my account at Developer Heaven.(But I will place it there once I can activate my account.)

But with the addition of the Chinese Sub-mod I think it would be a good idea to make another Russian Faction on the BLUFOR side, so mission makers can make scenarios in which the United States and Russia work together against the Chinese(Like in the Tom Clancy Novel, The Bear and the Dragon) or a Call of Duty 4-style alliance. In which the U.S helps Russia against some terrorist or rebels in a Civil War.

Hello!

Anyone got a solution?

Thanx

KIrie

Just use a Mod Launcher, there is several on Armaholic.

I prefer this one: http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=6365

Edited by (2142)Gen.Reaper

Well I have to put my suggestion here since my email is not working, so I cannot activate my account at Developer Heaven.(But I will place it there once I can activate my account.)

But with the addition of the Chinese Sub-mod I think it would be a good idea to make another Russian Faction on the BLUFOR side, so mission makers can make scenarios in which the United States and Russia work together against the Chinese(Like in the Tom Clancy Novel, The Bear and the Dragon) or a Call of Duty 4-style alliance. In which the U.S helps Russia against some terrorist or rebels in a Civil War.

Just use a Mod Launcher, there is several on Armaholic.

I prefer this one: http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=6365

Read post #69 and this.

Just a very quick suggestion, how about an invisible backpack? It would be ideal for those units that already have one on their character models. That way you could have a backpack without having 2 of them clipping through each other.

I did the updater thing with the "six-update" whatever-the-fuck-you-call-it, and I dont know how to launch it.