Sign in to follow this  
sickboy

A.C.E. Advanced Combat Environment - Public Beta *2*!

Please help...

What should I do if I do not want that someone could come to my server without ACE?

I tried to find the answer in аÑе serverkonfig but did not find it.

@snakedoc: http://dev-heaven.net/wiki/ace-mod2/Home#Installation

badger;1525960']Please help...

What should I do if I do not want that someone could come to my server without ACE?

I tried to find the answer in аÑе serverkonfig but did not find it.

I think you can do something with: http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/server.cfg

checkfiles[]={"dta\bin.pbo","a10\config.bin"};

maybe like

checkfiles[]={"@ACE\Addons\ace_version.pbo"};

or

checkfiles[]={"x\ace\addons\version\config.bin"};

and

onDifferentData = "command";

for command see: http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/ArmA:_Server_Side_Scripting

Please let us know what works for you so we can add it to our wiki to help others, Thanks!

Edited by Sickboy

Ive now been able to install the new beta after copying .cfg file to app folder. But i havnt been able to launch the config. website and i got no launcher so i launch it with alpinestars

What shall i do?

i am asking that shorcut priority,because last night i installed to my firend via remote connection with six-uptader and uptader ceraated an shortcut with the cba at last not first.Doesnt it matter anymore its first or last ?...

can someone tell me how to make a glowstick emit light

I can only make them green in the dark when I spawn them in a weaponsholder

this is what I use "ACE_Knicklicht_G_Used" but they do not emit light like when you throw them or use them.

Can someone tell me what I need to use?

are you trying to be funny or what? Please do an effort to read after you ask a question that i have already answered like just below your post:

ACE_Knicklicht_Object_R / G / W / Y / B / IR

ACE_Knicklicht_Object_R_I / G_I / W_I / Y_I / B_I / IR_I

You attitude an others is that you want to be spoon fed information.

No one will send you a PM just to answer your questions. Most of the question have already been answer a gazilaon time, the answers are available on the biki, on dev-heaven, in ACE thread, all you need to do is show some interest and common sense yourselves.

Should i point again this is delivered to you FREE? Could anyone say there is no interest on our part to answer your questions? Sickboy alone has spent his holidays and birthday plus a number of other hours daily just to do that. And the result is that you are either whining, or making demands, or never read back or use the search function...What should one believe of that? Or do?

Edited by PuFu

Hey! I found several options at the Six updater web site. My question is what' difference between "ACE mod vanilla" and "ACE mod don't use ATM"? What is ATM? What version is better to download? Thx.

Anybody could help to tell how to update or download ACE2 if no sixupdater used? I dont know well how to use sixudater and never install it. So could I use some other way to download ACE2 for any updating batches??

hello, today playing in the island quesh-kibrul, we were with a bar of infinite of wire and this did not let to us pass, furthermore it did not take any concentrated demolition charge, and it would not have although it, will activate it either. exists some possibility that in some future some option is implemented or tool as tiles to cut these you go of wire and power to follow the course without problems?

greetings

Sorry if it has been said before :

It looks like a machinegunner can't run 100 m without the black out, faint or fall on the ground breathing loudly.

I never ran with a 12.5 Kg MG, but it seems a little bit too much. Soldiers are not that weak.

Hey! I found several options at the Six updater web site. My question is what' difference between "ACE mod vanilla" and "ACE mod don't use ATM"? What is ATM? What version is better to download? Thx.

ATM = At the moment.

You only need to be concerned with vanilla since there are no beta patches for Arma 2 at the moment. Everyone is using 1.05. So download vanilla.

Hello everybody,

at first a great thank you to all the developers for their effort and thousands of hours they spend to provide fun to us. But since the pla Modfolder has added I am no more able to update to the latest versions. I installed the 4.1 version and got the problem that the DOS window appears and disappears a few seconds later without doing anythings.

Sickboy posted about that Problem and announced the 4.2 version of six updater. I installed this but the problem still persists. I dont know what I am doing wrong. I installed by executing as administartor and executing the updater as admin as well...without any success. I dont know how to handle that problem cause I dont know what sort of problem it is. Are there some more information around there about that special problem?

My sytem config:

AMD PhenomII X2 550@3,1Ghz nonoc

HD3850 512MB

4 GB DDR2Ram @400Mhz

Win7 Premium 64Bit

Edit:

this is a screenshot of the DOS window right in the second when it disappears.

error.png

The funny thing is that it says that theres no such file in C:\... but I havent installed in in that path (even when I did, same problem appears as well).

Please attach logfiles and details incase of still issues, thanks!

Logfiles are in Application Data (Appdata): http://dev-heaven.net/wiki/six-arma-updater#Configuration-database-log-files

I was looking for such files, but theres absolutely nothings related to six-updater in given ressource. Any other location they might be stored?

Edited by MemphisBelle

Will we see NZXShadows M1151 in ACE2?

If it can take a hit by a light AT weapon compared to the other HMMWV variants in the mod it would be a great improvement. :D

hi,

i try everything but can´t get AI heal AI with wounding system working..

even if i´m the player AI wont heal me (i give them any necessary morphine etc.)

only player can heal with new wounding system...

is that feature not yet implemented? or is it a bug?

... a really great mod

1.05 patch mod only "ACE Beta2"

Dumb question, how do I download it.

Ok nevermind.

Edited by ray243

Hey guys, yesterday I updated to beta 2, also I downloaded the ACEX_PLA and the ACEX_SM and installed them, but both the SM and the PLA can not be used. I do not see the extra units and the sound has not changed at all.

I tried to delete he all ACE files and the updater, and install it again but with the same result.For the record, I added SM and PLA to the shortcut and I have the newest Six Updater. Pls help me, I do not know what to do anymore...

PS: In the main menu the version it shows is 0.1.195

PS 2: Shall I add the logs?

Edited by TheBlessedPig

Sixupdating way sucks! Any other way could be used?? I've asked the second time for such help.

( Answer has already been got by Fromz's website. Thanks for hardwork, Fromz. )

Edited by ARM2CAT

Sixupdating way sucks! Any other way could be used?? I've asked the second time for such help.

How about changing your tone and maybe some people will be more than willing to help you. Or you can do what most people do and follow the directions given in the previous posts. Or if you are really motivated go and search through the 3900 posts here http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=91500 and I bet you will find your answer among the posts.

Probably the first suggestion will get you the quickest answer.

Sorry if it has been said before :

It looks like a machinegunner can't run 100 m without the black out, faint or fall on the ground breathing loudly.

I never ran with a 12.5 Kg MG, but it seems a little bit too much. Soldiers are not that weak.

Except that you're not running with 12.5kg... An M240/M60 with respectable amount of ammo (ie you dont run out within 5 minutes) will net you like 50kg+. Which is very heavy indeed... If you're only carrying the machinegun and a couple of boxes and let someone else carry the rest of the ammo, you're gonna be just as quick as the rest. But of course this doesnt happen in your average game, need some more serious teamwork to have ammo boys.

If you want to go solo with a machinegun in ACE, pack an M249, MG36 or Para. They go up to around 30kg, much more tolerable in terms of stamina.

I dont think ACE likes the UAV when i access the UAV terminal Arma 2.exe vanishes from the taskbar, you end up in desktop yet you can still hear the in game sounds like radio chatter and the uav engine. The game is still running in task manager but you cant get back into it. the only thing to do is end task. and reload the game