Sign in to follow this  

German To English...Still Causing Issues :(

Hey Fellas,

I want to play the game I PAYED for, in English, but because i bought the german release I am not allowed too. I have managed for all this time, but now i am really frustrated lol! I can't play any new game modes online, because I have the pre 1.04 english files, and I need the 1.05 ones. I can't play in ANY new servers because of this, and I payed for the game, so i think it's a pretty unfair problem. I don't know of any game that doesn't have changable language other than Arma 2.

I am wondering, is there any way i can get the 1.05 english release language files? Surely they should be included in the official patch, but I am still stuck with only being allowed GERMAN.

I love the game and BIS alot, this is the only real issue I am having, thats all.

Anyway, i'm not sure if I am allowed to ask that here, so please remove if I am not.

Kind Regards,

Rich.

Edited by Guest

I hate to say this for you richie, but you bought a german game.

If you bought a right hand drive car, then said " hey Audi, now I want it left hand drive" , do you seriously expect them to listen?

I hope they fix it for you anyway, but if they cant/wont, then I could understand that.

Check the addon/mods released forum, I used the 1.05 patch on there :)

I hate to say this for you richie, but you bought a german game.

If you bought a right hand drive car, then said " hey Audi, now I want it left hand drive" , do you seriously expect them to listen?

I hope they fix it for you anyway, but if they cant/wont, then I could understand that.

I very much apreciate and understand your point, but this is not a car, it's a game, if you see what i mean lol. Like i bought the english version of Stalker. I can change it between about 10 different languages at any time i choose.

It's not even as if the files aren't there, it just won't let me change them.

Check the addon/mods released forum, I used the 1.05 patch on there :)

I tried, but it's not official BIS language patches, so unless a server uses them, neither can I :(

Edited by Guest

Did you contact the German publisher yet?

Hey Fellas,

I want to play the game I PAYED for, in English, but because i bought the german release

Why not buy the english version then(505games), games are not expansive you know.

Thanks fellas,

But i am not a rich person lol, I am studying so I have no Job, and £30 is alot for me :p

Anyway, i'll just suck it up and not play warfare till i find a fix :)

Thanks all!

Btw Aussie, thanks for link, but they are not official BIS signed drivers :(

I can't play any new game modes online, because I have the pre 1.04 english files, and I need the 1.05 ones.

Also when you get 1.05 you will face the problem that MPmissions and addons still will be in German. If you like, please vote this ticket at DH to ask BI unlock at least content not in their copyright or whatever else legal issue prevent them to do so.

richiesspeed13,

Do you have a boxed Morphicon DVD complete with manual and key? I wonder if you'd be willing to swap DVDs with a German guy who has bought an English version on the net by accident. If you are interested just send me a PM.

The only problem I see with swapping DVDs is that both people don't know if the player IDs are still good.

DVDs don't matter much. The language is based on cdkey. If you have a German key you get German game. Unfortunately that's the sum of it for many people, they bought the German version (I did too initially) but if you want the English version you have to buy the English version. Hopefully multilang will be added but right now there isn't much option

Bulldogs,

does this mean, it is not necessary to exchange DVDs by post? Will it do to exchange DVD keys by email?

Do you know how the player ID is generated?

Only the game key decides about the language setting.

Well strange, my game seems to be a hybrid. The sound language is in english but only the subtitle is in german. I own the german version but seems like i cant find out how to set the speech sound to german. My english is good enough to understand the sound files but I wonder if the game even has multi lingual sound files.

Well strange, my game seems to be a hybrid. The sound language is in english but only the subtitle is in german. I own the german version but seems like i cant find out how to set the speech sound to german. My english is good enough to understand the sound files but I wonder if the game even has multi lingual sound files.

Nope, it doesn't. Sounds are non-localized.