Sign in to follow this  
maxpower097

ARMA 2 Online Numbers?

I was thinking of picking up ARMA 2 since it runs on my current machine rather nicely but was worried about the amount of people playing online? How many people are usually playing during the daytime? Are there times its hard to find a host? Any insight would be appreciated

Thanks

I have to admit, that i'm running vanilla at the moment (i'm based in the uk) and there are vary rarely many servers with many people playing. Also no one hardly ever talks to you. i'm a bit frustrated as this game has such potential but it seems impossible to enjoy it. I always see videos on you tube of epic online battles and i'm wondering why i can't have that!

I have to admit, that i'm running vanilla at the moment (i'm based in the uk) and there are vary rarely many servers with many people playing. Also no one hardly ever talks to you. i'm a bit frustrated as this game has such potential but it seems impossible to enjoy it. I always see videos on you tube of epic online battles and i'm wondering why i can't have that!

Filter for SPARTA and come join the fun........

Online numbers will only decrease, with the retarded amount of different mods running on different servers.

How the hell is a new player going to be able to actually get online and play a game ?

It's impossible. BIS should make a mod manage program within the game .

As it stands now, there are more mods then online players.

Online numbers will only decrease, with the retarded amount of different mods running on different servers.

How the hell is a new player going to be able to actually get online and play a game ?

It's impossible. BIS should make a mod manage program within the game .

As it stands now, there are more mods then online players.

*sigh* not you again.

Read my response to your other thread.

In regards to this thread in general, the best way of finding a game is joining a clan or sticking to a selection of servers that you will know have players at a certain time. Arma is a niche game - don't expect CoD numbers.

Unfortunately a lot of public servers won't offer more than that. Some will however, so keep on trying different servers. To my experience also, playing Domination or Warfare (to take some examples, but any generic randomized mission will do) on public servers tend to have less communication since people are "only there to shoot something" rather than actually work together. Can be worthwhile looking for alternative missions and small-size missions like 6 player coops since they can provide quite a stunning experience.

Also, I'd recommend getting ACE2 (with ACEX) since a lot of servers have converted to it, and despite being beta is a real hit!

I play since a week around and often there are only a handfull server with more than 10 players online so far, this change today for me and i see maybe 30 servers with at least 10 players...right now at 20:42 european time..98% of these servers are CTI or coop thats the first time for me i see so many. And the highest populated out of them are offering always the same map and gameplay. I did install some new Islands and stuff, so many great things around i.e. Panthera Island but I have not seen any server with it so far. On the other hand we have to be satisfied that we can play and the community offers public servers, thx for that.

I wished the populated server which are really rare, could offer more variety otherwise the playing always the same island gets boring fast.

I dont think it is a problem for beginners to join servers with or without mods installed, there are still vanilla servers out there and not many mods are used anyways. Standard seems to be ACE2 and more servers did switch to it in the last days.

Anyway more variety would be nice, there is so much awesome stuff out there to mod servers....

There is one major point i miss in the ingame server browser: There is no information what mods server use !

I see only the short description of the server but not really more infos, I think this should be improved.

Edited by oxmox

There is one major point i miss in the ingame server browser: There is no information what mods server use !

Don't use the in-game browser, use something like Alpinestar's ArmA 2 Launcher.

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=6649

Btw, handful of servers with 10 people? Only at the lowest point. Looks at the servers right now:

th.7dbc00untitled.jpg

All the top ones in that list are in Europe or Australia, U.S. servers become more populated at night here.

Edited by randir14

CHances are if people arnt talking to you is because they are on TeamSPeak or Ventrilo.

About online numbers, this game isnt BF2, you dont need a full server to have fun, its ARMA2, you can make any type of fun you can think of!!

If theres only 2 people, create a mission for 2!