Sign in to follow this  
Archamedes

Arma 2 1.06 Patch Suggestions

You probably have brightness or gamma set way too high.

Off course not.

Radio chatter, background noise and raido effect on peoples sound for VOIP/VON like real military radios.There might be people who doesnt want this so with an on/off option would be nice.

Please BIS make the AI as it was before where we told them to go COMBAT. I cant get my troops healed and they die from not being able to aim etc. Even though we are behind a hill (hill between me and enemies) i cant get the medic to heal. It takes some 10 times before he thinks about it.

Another situation with ACE now is that big guns hurt us if we are too close. I have some units taking cover close to the tank but when it calls out a target and im telling my AI to get away before he starts shooting - they dont listen and they all take unessesary damange - and die many times. Very very frustrating.

I think to make this successfully we need to issue the orders because at the end of the day we are smarter then the AI. I think it was a great idea, but after testing it for a while now it doesnt work out as planned and we need to be able to use the AI more effective.

People are using more and more speech with VOIP or external software in MP like Mumble.

Therefore, it would be good to have MP option to disable in-game radio commands, like it's possible now in VBS2. This would GREATLY enhance realism and remove useless communication.

Fix the healing system! With the current system, you can't order injured guys to heal at medics from other squads. What I'm saying is make it more like it was in Flashpoint. Also, I'm given the option to heal enemies, patch that up. :)

I would love to be able to shoot while running, albeit with poop accuracy, a la OFP and ArmA. Other than that, just a general tidy up job like the last patches. Maybe another mini campaign made by the community? Who cares, just keep up the coolness.

here's a few things I noticed:

Rusian UAV has some strange camera. You can't use mouse for free look. Camera is set to aim at the area below the UAV then it aims for like 5 seconds to the right and then it aims again below the UAV.

Another thing is that russian UAV really strangely "swings" while moving. I'm no expert about these things, but I think that normaly it wouldn't even be possible to move this way.

NV Goggles I noticed that while using NV you are able to see shadows. Even when it's clouded. I don't know how NV actually works, but this seems to me strange.

While playing as russian guy and got hit I noticed that my character sometimes says "Fuck that hurt" or "My fucking leg". The thing is that russians (as well as Chernarussians) say this in english and not in their native language. It's actually no big deal but it just sounds strange.

And the same thing with SecOps module. When russians call for arta fire then the guy on the other side of the line is american - then it looks like that russians are asking americans to bombard them selves.

SVD Dragunov and KSVD (don't remember name of thah gun - just that russian long range sniper rifle) have completely the same sound. But I've never used those guns (or any gun at all) so maybe they do sound the same, thou it seems very unlikely. But again - no big deal.

And last thing I noticed: When you carry a wounded team mate and you stop moving then the character stops in a really strange position. When you look from a side it looks like the character stands just on one leg and the other leg is almost lifted or in "ready-to-go" position (I don't know how to describe it - just try it on your own and I believe you'll understand what I'm talking about)

Most of these bugs are not essential, but perfection is in details :)

Fix the broken fundamental stuff and don't bother with new content.

There is something wrong with how the altitude of certain effects (explosions, lighting) is calculated. If you place a search light on the deck of the carrier ship, its light will illuminate nothing. And when an aircraft explodes in the air straight above a building, the explosion will be seen below the aircraft.

I think it's an issue with how the altitude is detected or given (getPos vs. getPosASL vs. getPosATL).

Please add an option to disable vsync. I don't like having to install ATI Tray Tools just for this game.

Please add an option to disable vsync. I don't like having to install ATI Tray Tools just for this game.

This!

And also Vehicle FOV needs to be adjusted so it doesn't look like your face is on the windshield when driving.

We need a quick fix for this

Please alter the 1.05 bug that seems to stop AI squadmates coming out of danger mode, preferably before the next patch if possible as just a hotfix, its really frustrating now

and some other fixes, that can wait for the major patch\middle beta patches...

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?p=1532307#post1532307

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=92975

And also Vehicle FOV needs to be adjusted so it doesn't look like your face is on the windshield when driving.
+1 (!!!)
Please add an option to disable vsync.
+1
Fix the healing system! With the current system, you can't order injured guys to heal at medics from other squads. What I'm saying is make it more like it was in Flashpoint. Also, I'm given the option to heal enemies, patch that up.
+10!

Plus:

- NVG should be full-screen, cause that's the way You see it in real-life

- Stars in NVG should be smaller and less blinding

- AI shouldn't be using AT vs Infantry

and also some community-addons-like fixes, for example

- AI grenadiers Fix (like the ASR's addon does), so they CAN hit the target

- Incorporating\Coding from scratch Disposable AT's (like the zGuba\Inkompetent addon)

- Fix or Game Logic to disable Secondary Vehicle Explosions, so they don't mess up AI walking past the destroyed vehicles

- Fix or Game Logic to disable Vehicle Inventory Limitations, to prevent ammo spilling bug

- Fix so the cars drive faster offroads and by the gravel roads

- Ability to choose if You want map with, or without satellite textures

It'd be nice to have it all in vanilla A2, instead of forcing ppl to make\download "fixes".

And also... one last big fix. BIS COMMUNITY WIKI DOCUMENTATION FIX. WE, NEED, MORE, INFO.

More to come, probably.

Edited by JonPL

- NVG should be full-screen, cause that's the way You see it in real-life

Ehh, what? In real life you have quite narrow field of view. If used in a stealth operation, you'd typically use them to verify your steps as to not step on any twigs that gives your presence away. Limited reach. Noisy. Worse whiteouts than in game. Low contrast. Low resolution. Not compatible with regular sights.

Not an option to "fix" for 1.06, given it's far too powerful and convenient already compared to the real thing.

- Fix so the cars drive faster offroads and by the gravel roads

I disagree. Why drive faster offroad? The vehicles can never break down on you anyway. Small price to pay. The game needs to be slowed down, not sped up. Personally I just imagine that the offroad is in more rugged terrain than the game can portray. That justifies it to me :)

Edited by CarlGustaffa

I think a bit of tweaking with units under high command wouldnt go amiss too, theres been far too many occasions when ive been trying to work my way towards an enemy position in a line or pincer, & the high command units have defied the waypoints I set & gone storming off ahead of me & ruined the whole thing, usually getting themselves killed in the process! Or ive set them waypoints assuming that they will move there & then stop (that includes setting their speed to limited, command type "move" etc) but once they reach the waypoint they decide to just start driving/running all over the place & I keep having to re-issue orders just to get them to go back to where I originally sent them!

I hope that they finally fix the editor so that you can actually force a helo to land even though its in a heavy enemy ai area. At the moment, it usually just flys in the one spot above the ground. Most frustrating

More time for research how things are working in armed forces.

Time to get most of these military things working and running in a proper way. Extensive testing included - they are mostly boring and devs usually dont like to do this. ;)

Focus on AI - now its more annoying to play with/against them.

Improve performance - people like to play the game without stuttering, lag or other issues.

I hope that they finally fix the editor so that you can actually force a helo to land even though its in a heavy enemy ai area. At the moment, it usually just flys in the one spot above the ground. Most frustrating

heliD setBehaviour "CARELESS";
heliD setCombatMode "BLUE";
heliD disableAI "AUTOTARGET";
heliD disableAI "MOVE";
heliD disableAI "TARGET";

heli land "GETOUT";
heli flyInHeight 0;

That should work perfectly. ;)

Some more suggestions:

-After installing the 1.05 patch, units seem to be in a danger-like mode a lot, even if there are no enemies.

-Reduce or eliminate combat radio communication like: "Go, I'm covering!" AI seem to do it in excess, one guy said it literally 5 times in a row, and everyone else says it every 2 seconds.

-If you're moving, and you access the map, you stop. It'd be nice if you just kept moving.

If you're moving, and you access the map, you stop. It'd be nice if you just kept moving.
No, it wouldn't be nice.

And not realistic... all the things You wrote were already said in this topic.

If it's not real to be able to move while looking at a map my whole delivery career was a lie. Where was I for those 4 years?

If it's not real to be able to move while looking at a map my whole delivery career was a lie. Where was I for those 4 years?

Maybe you crouched down to look at the map but didn't notice because the map was covering your whole view.