Sign in to follow this  
madbull

[R3F] Revive : A lightweight and efficient revive

NVM got the problem myself :) sry for the posting here..

Edited by trick99

i need some help. i wanted to use params array on r3f_revive but it does not work. On the config instead of using a number of lives i've put (paramsArray select 5).

And then i properly put the params array in description.ext but it does not work.

New version release v2.0 :

The drag body feature is added

The revive capacity is no longer restricted to medics but can be gived to classnames and/or slots

And other improvements...

wISJ87UoilE

The revive is still compatible with AA2, AA:OA and AA:CO.

Changelog :

v2.0

- Drag body feature now implemented !

- New method to define who can revive by selecting slots, classnames, ... (no longer restricted to medics)

- The unconscious marker is removed when the player disconnects while waiting for being revived

- Players are no longer killed involuntarily (wreck explosions, ...) while waiting for being revived

- Players can no longer use trick/hack to revive themselves

- Miscellaneous improvements

Download the [R3F] Revive and its demo.

Thanks Mad, going to start poking around now!

Edit:

Hey, reckon I can get some help? I want to have everybody on the USMC side the ability to revive/heal.

As of right now, it only allows medics to heal/revive, but everybody to drag. The respawn, and everything else works flawlessly.

This is my script in the config file.

R3F_REV_CFG_list_of_classnames_who_can_revive = [CAManBase];

R3F_REV_CFG_list_of_slots_who_can_revive = [];

R3F_REV_CFG_all_medics_can_revive = true;

What should I do?

Thanks,

BeZ

Edited by zebby5000

Add quotes around the classnames :

R3F_REV_CFG_list_of_classnames_who_can_revive = ["CAManBase"];

CAManBase is ALL human (and animal) beings. To restrict to USMC side, you should use "USMC_Soldier_Base" (if there are some non USMC players).

Hmmm, tried both with a buddy. But still the same result of only the medics can heal/revive/drag, while everybody can only drag.

What I'm thinking is,

Not activating R3F_REV_CFG_list_of_classnames_who_can_revive = [CAManBase];

Havn't tested R3F_REV_CFG_list_of_slots_who_can_revive = [];

Working R3F_REV_CFG_all_medics_can_revive = true;

Now what is causing this to happen, stumbles me. Especially sense the other works.

Sorry to be of a bother, but can you take a look at the file if you have the time?

Btw, the file is vanilla arma 2 Utes (no mods)

As I told in my previous message : you need to add quotes characters ( " ) around the classname :

OR

R3F_REV_CFG_list_of_classnames_who_can_revive = ["USMC_Soldier_Base"];

OR

R3F_REV_CFG_list_of_classnames_who_can_revive = ["USMC_Soldier_Base", "RU_Soldier_Base"];

This is the ArmA SQF syntax.

Just starting using this script, and I like it, does what it says, and does it well. Just curious if there is a way to choose the point you spawn at? Or perhaps some steps to take to implement it?

thanks,

Skelt, aka Bones

Edited by Skelt

Is there any way you can modify the parameters config.sqf from description.ext, to modify from the same mission, as lives and respawn on base.

thanks.

This revive is not working as mentioned. No matter what combinations I use I can not get the revive system to work for all units. I am using this with ArmA2 with OA.

As I told in my previous message : you need to add quotes characters ( " ) around the classname :

OR

R3F_REV_CFG_list_of_classnames_who_can_revive = ["USMC_Soldier_Base"];

OR

R3F_REV_CFG_list_of_classnames_who_can_revive = ["USMC_Soldier_Base", "RU_Soldier_Base"];

This is the ArmA SQF syntax.

I edited in the revive_init from line 98 to 110 in this way to get it work:

R3F_REV_FNCT_peut_reanimer =
	{
		if (R3F_REV_CFG_all_medics_can_revive && getNumber (configFile >> "CfgVehicles" >> (typeOf player) >> "attendant") == 1) then {true}
		else
		{
			if (player in R3F_REV_CFG_list_of_slots_who_can_revive) then {true}
			else
			{
				if (({player isKindOf _x} count R3F_REV_CFG_list_of_classnames_who_can_revive) > 0) then {true}
				else {false};
			};
		};
	}; 

Hope it helps :)

Thanks for the reply. So I just fill out all three parameters or do I need to set the medic can revive to false and only use the slots or classname parameter?

I edited in the revive_init from line 98 to 110 in this way to get it work:

R3F_REV_FNCT_peut_reanimer =
	{
		if (R3F_REV_CFG_all_medics_can_revive && getNumber (configFile >> "CfgVehicles" >> (typeOf player) >> "attendant") == 1) then {true}
		else
		{
			if (player in R3F_REV_CFG_list_of_slots_who_can_revive) then {true}
			else
			{
				if (({player isKindOf _x} count R3F_REV_CFG_list_of_classnames_who_can_revive) > 0) then {true}
				else {false};
			};
		};
	}; 

Hope it helps :)

Edited by Ghost

No m8...just set it in the config:

I have the same problem as Ghost. Will try Giallustio's code edit and report back.

Giallustio's fix works a treat, thanks champ!

Hi, thanks for the scripts

Is there a variable I can use for the following condition

"All the players are awaiting revive"

So that I can use it to end a mission if there is no one available to revive

This is taking into consideration "R3F_REV_CFG_autoriser_reapparaitre_camp = FALSE;"

@Terox Did you manage to find a variable for ending the mission as it would be very useful?

Very nice script, just that one thing that seems to be missing.

Looks like the variable we might need is R3F_REV_est_inconscient, not sure and don't have the knowledge to figure out a trigger or script to use it in to test.

Edited by BearBison

Last night I did a mission and discovered that after players were revived (not respawned), the contents of their OA packs vanished. The backpack was listed with loaded weight, but nothing could be accessed from them. We are running V2.0.

I've done a quick search of the thread but couldn't find the any post addressing this. Are there any plans to fix this, or are there workarounds?

Try it with the latest beta patch as one of the main changes is

[91055] Fixed: Respawn with backpack

EDIT: Reread your post and noticed you said not respawned so may not work but then again may as looks like the code respawns a new body.

EDIT2: @Terox May be a bit messy but from looking at the scripts when a unit is awaiting revive they are setcaptive, as such a messy fix could be something along the lines of

{alive _x} count [w1,w2,w3,w4,w5,w6,w7,w8,w9,w10,w11,w12,w13,w14,w15,w16] <= {captive _x} count allUnits

in the condition of your ending trigger where w1-w16 are my unit names. Appears to work.

Edited by BearBison

Try it with the latest beta patch as one of the main changes is

[91055] Fixed: Respawn with backpack

EDIT: Reread your post and noticed you said not respawned so may not work but then again may as looks like the code respawns a new body.

EDIT2: @Terox May be a bit messy but from looking at the scripts when a unit is awaiting revive they are setcaptive, as such a messy fix could be something along the lines of

{alive _x} count [w1,w2,w3,w4,w5,w6,w7,w8,w9,w10,w11,w12,w13,w14,w15,w16] <= {captive _x} count allUnits

in the condition of your ending trigger where w1-w16 are my unit names. Appears to work.

BearBison

Where exactly should this code be inserted? I'm pretty much illiterate in scripting, so I'm kind of hoping to copy-paste your solution if it works well. :)

Use the code in the condition of an end mission trigger, note slight error in that version should have been

{alive _x} count [w1,w2,w3,w4,w5,w6,w7,w8,w9,w10,w11,w12,w13,w14,w15,w16] == {captive _x} count allUnits;

Also a bit tidier since this is for COOP you could try

{alive _x} count playableUnits == {captive _x} count playableUnits;

They seem to work OK at the moment from the limited testing I have managed to do on our dedi server at the moment.

Use the code in the condition of an end mission trigger, note slight error in that version should have been
{alive _x} count [w1,w2,w3,w4,w5,w6,w7,w8,w9,w10,w11,w12,w13,w14,w15,w16] == {captive _x} count allUnits;

Also a bit tidier since this is for COOP you could try

{alive _x} count playableUnits == {captive _x} count playableUnits;

They seem to work OK at the moment from the limited testing I have managed to do on our dedi server at the moment.

Sorry, is this a trigger I place in the mission editor, or are you referring to a line of coding in a specific .sqf file?