Sign in to follow this  
victim913

Can anyone see out of cockpit at night?

Is it just me? Or can you not see out of a helicopter and maybe jets at night. Using night vision all i can see is my controls as pilot. I'm constantly crashing into trees.

Has anybody found a way to fix this? Other than going 3rd person view?

And UH-1 is gone now after patch 1.05

Without ACE mod i can't see jack out of a chopper at night. However, i don't use ACE mod, so I just don't use night vision at all.

Hopefully a fix comes out soon!

Thats a ACE problem which i think is fixed in latest update!

This is what i see when flying the UH-1Y in vanilla 1.05, i see just fine!

K7EYzfocbBc

Edited by JW Custom

Is it just me? Or can you not see out of a helicopter and maybe jets at night. Using night vision all i can see is my controls as pilot. I'm constantly crashing into trees.

Has anybody found a way to fix this? Other than going 3rd person view?

Huey is back, the patch changed something and now ace fixed it.

I think it depends on the light. If I fly in the direction of the moon I can't see anything with or without nightvison. I have only tested the new campaign in the 1.05 patch, where you fly the AH-64. Will try it in the editor later to see if clouds/clear weather has any effect. And if there is any difference in which aircraft you fly.

I think it depends on the light. If I fly in the direction of the moon I can't see anything with or without nightvison. I have only tested the new campaign in the 1.05 patch, where you fly the AH-64. Will try it in the editor later to see if clouds/clear weather has any effect. And if there is any difference in which aircraft you fly.

I can see in moonlight and in cloudy/bad weather without any problems!

Maybe it's the gamma/brightness settings or the settings in the monitor itself. I remember back in the Delta Force: BHD days i was really annoyed by people seeing me hiding inside dark buildings without any problems, then later on i bought a new monitor and everything became clear, it was only pitch black on my monitor LOL :D

First off heck your gamma settings, second if ace doesn't help (which it will and does using pgup pgdwn key for fixed levels instead of HDR levels messing up when looking at lights/light objects) you could also try the HDR mod in the mods section which you can manually fix your HDR levels in nightvision with a menu without ace.

Also remember that the EW campaign uses modified filter effects. So any results there are not the same as most other missions.

And my NV gets blasted out by the instrument panels on most aircraft. Your only vanilla solution is to not look at the instruments with NV on.

The reason why i have no problems seeing is because i have "Postprocess effects" turned off. With it on i can't see a damn thing :p