Sign in to follow this  
maruk

EW Bonus Campaign Hotfix Available

Unfortunately, we have found two significant bugs in the Eagle Wing bonus campaign. You can fix it by manually downloading and installing an improved version from http://www.arma2.com/downloads/update/EW_hotfix.zip (65.5 MB).

ARMA 2 EW CAMPAIGN HOTFIX

Copyright © 2009 Bohemia Interactive. All rights reserved.

INSTALLATION

==============

This bonus campaign hotfix requires any original version of ARMA 2 version 1.05.

Copy included files to addons directory in your Arma 2 main folder (replace the existing files)

Fixed:

- one of the endings did not work properly

- problem with entering vehicles

Mirrors:

Torrent

http://kamran.cc/ARMA2/EW_hotfix.zip

NbLI.jpg

8108721.gif

Edited by Placebo

Thanks Maruk. :)

However you guys need some more bandwidth. 8kb/s = 3.5h to download 65mb. Ouch. The forum since ACE2 and 1.05 plus when patches was coming in a steady stream makes it very hard to read and post. Sometimes it doesnt even load the pages hehe.

Oh well - game is more important for the time being. :)

Thanks for the hotfix!

Can't download this hotfix operation timed out 2 times. It must be on a very slow server

Also im pretty disappointed again in BI. I thought this campaign would have at least not major game breaking bugs. Because it's a small campaign and it would have not been much effort to check it a few times for release.

I had both of these bugs. I avoided the truck bug by reloading the mission a few times after that it worked cost me an half hour though and a lot of frustration. Then I come at the end of the campaign i get the endless waiting bug. Yes endless waiting it was. The campaign doesn't finish. But I also couldn't load a point back in the mission to get around it because the game thought the campaign was finished so the user saves disappeared. Can only revert and begin the mission at the point where the atombomb drops.

So this small mini campaign only was frustration. To bad. Im glad the hotfix is here so soon(although i cant download it) but it shouldn't have been needed in the first place.

I will certainly think twice to buy arma: oa on release date because of this.

Also im pretty disappointed again in BI. I thought this campaign would have at least not major game breaking bugs. Because it's a small campaign and it would have not been much effort to check it a few times for release.

I did say this when Bis announced the release of 1.05 with a mini campaign. I said that not only have they yet to fix a lot of bugs with arma they go and bring out another campaign that will more than likely have bugs and we will need a patch for a patch. I got slagged off for saying it, but I was right, i said all along this patch with a fancy new model and mini campaign was a distraction from the problems we have all been suffering with a rushed buggy game and it wouldn't take long before people would complain, again i got shot down for saying it and again i was right.

if i can get it i will upload to a new host and link, getting a miserable speed right now.

Alright, I downloaded it from ArmedAssault.info, but the readme is blank. Do I just put the .pbo in my Missions folder, and the .bisign in my Dta folder?

As stated in the first post put the files in your Arma2\Addons directory and say yes to replace.

Thanks for the quick fix (and for the campaign itself in the first place!)

One thing I noticed - the included "EW_hotfix_readme.txt" file is empty (0kB) in the archive.

As stated in the first post put the files in your Arma2\Addons directory and say yes to replace.

Ah, thanks.

Come on guys... BIS works their asses off to bring us 1.05 patch with added free content before Christmas and then releases a hotfix the day before Christmas eve and all you can do is to whine and complain?

FFS, grow up some and show some grattitude "kidz" (I don't know your true age but you sure behave like spoiled brats IMO)!

/KC

Edited by KeyCat

So this works with the STEAM version too right?

I'd like a reply too. I really don't see why it shouldn't, but I'd still like to know so that I don't mess things up further.

@ KeyCat:

No.

I just checked my Steam-account. There has been no 1.05 update for ArmA 2, there. It still runs on 1.04. :confused:

I did say this when Bis announced the release of 1.05 with a mini campaign. I said that not only have they yet to fix a lot of bugs with arma they go and bring out another campaign that will more than likely have bugs and we will need a patch for a patch. I got slagged off for saying it, but I was right, i said all along this patch with a fancy new model and mini campaign was a distraction from the problems we have all been suffering with a rushed buggy game and it wouldn't take long before people would complain, again i got shot down for saying it and again i was right.

- Its Free

- Its Awesome

- Did i say its free?

Yet you still complain, guess some pepole cant stand some minor bugs:rolleyes:

that is because, as said before, you can use the current 1.05 patch on your steam version no problem.

Cheers for the hotfix BI, although i need to say that i played the campaign without any issues.

that is because, as said before, you can use the current 1.05 patch on your steam version no problem.

Wait - the hotfix, or the actual patch itself?

Yet you still complain, guess some pepole cant stand some minor bugs

Actually, the devs themselves admitted that the bugs were game-crippling, and anything but "minor". But hell, now that the hotfix is out, I don't see anything in particular to complain about.

Here we go again, everyone just cries instead of being happy that BIS decided to release a hotfix instead of waiting to fix the campaign in another patch... :rolleyes:

Thanks for the hotfix guys!

(though I'm on the same boat as pufu, didn't have a single issue while playing EW)