Sign in to follow this  
oktane

Remove Arma2 1.05 hold on PBO file association

Is that file association changed the way editor opens missions?

No sorry, nothing to do with that. This is just about arma 1.05 making something undesirable happen when you double click pbo files in windows.

To edit custom missions, you need to depbo them and move the folder to your \my docs\arma 2 profiles\profilename\mpmissions or \missions directory.

Cheers

No sorry, nothing to do with that. This is just about arma 1.05 making something undesirable happen when you double click pbo files in windows.

To edit custom missions, you need to depbo them and move the folder to your \my docs\arma 2 profiles\profilename\mpmissions or \missions directory.

Cheers

Yeah I know that. Problem is it's not working for me... That's why I asked, I also opened new thread so if anyones knows how to solve my problem I'd aprecciate any help. :(

*EDIT*

Sorry, I gave wrong link, anyways here's right one:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?p=1529327#post1529327

Edited by Minoza

Having problems running cpbo with win7. Anyone have any success, even running as administrator doesn't work.

Having problems running cpbo with win7. Anyone have any success, even running as administrator doesn't work.

Yep, cpbo works great here. win7 64 bit.

I dont use UAC though. Move it (cpbo.exe) to a new location to break the associations and then just run cpbo.exe and it will ask you to associate. Do not assign cpbo as the assignment to pbo files with windows gui, this just makes a black cmd box come up and does nothing. You gotta let Cpbo make its own association by running cpbo.exe manually.

---------- Post added at 02:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:44 PM ----------

i can't get anything to work (Registry wise) i get

"the specified file is not a registry script"

A script must start with this:

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

So to try the different methods:

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[-HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\PBO_auto_file]
[-HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\PBO_auto_file]
[-HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.pbo]

Hope that helps.

Whats wrong with simply going into the Windows Folder options and simply deleting the pbo association in there?

Worked for me...

Whats wrong with simply going into the Windows Folder options and simply deleting the pbo association in there?

Worked for me...

Nothing, I'll add that to the first post if you give me the steps. Was it called .pbo or pbo_autofile in the list? How did you remove it?

The issue is that even after reinstalling the apps you used to use to handle pbo's arma still steals it and breaks right click options. Honestly I haven't gone into file associations section of Folder Options in about 10 years! And that doesn't exist on Windows 7/Vista, its somewhere else. The 'default programs' list of file associations doesnt allow you to delete types.. just change what they are associated with. Kinda limited.

Worked for me...

Thanks mate, I updated the first post.

If anyone knows WHY this was put in, post here! I think its so you can launch missions directly by double clicking on them. While this may be useful to some degree, it isn't so useful for a power user that works with both mods and missions.

It also allows you to launch and test Addon PBO's also, no matter where the file is located.

Even based on all this, I'm suprised BIS thought this was a good idea ...... unless they have other plans, yet to be implemented.

Gnat;1533214']It also allows you to launch and test Addon PBO's also' date=' no matter where the file is located.

Even based on all this, I'm suprised BIS thought this was a good idea ...... unless they have other plans, yet to be implemented.[/quote']

Thats interesting.

So potentially, a person could release a complete campaign with addons, with just one file. (he'd have to rewrite the configs and merge everything) To run it the user would just double click it, thats nifty.

I used PboView just last night to unpbo a mission I made for QG a while back.

I wanted to see how the mission worked with CAA1.

I had no problem extracting the file.

XPSP3.

Thanks for this, it was driving me crazy. Fixed it with the folder options thing in XP!

Regards,

Wolfrug

I have xp and rge delete from folder option is not an option, it is grayed out. You can delete anything else but the pbo. Any idea why delete is grayed out?

I tried to change the file associations and realised in w7 u have to go //Control panel>Programs>Default Programs>Set Associations

Hope that helps for some...

I had the same problems and in the end i just installed Eliteness from this link

Now i just run Eliteness and UnPBO each file with it.....:yay:

Edited by Snakei

And you should not associate pbo files with cpbo with windows. (maybe this is where the issues arise) Instead just run cpbo.exe and it will ask you if you want it associated, click yes.

Thanks for this, Oktane!

Now cpbo worked completely for me too! :yay:

Thanks!

I have read this post and tried every fix in here so I can use cPBO and nothing works for me. I am using Win 7 (64)