Sign in to follow this  
alleycat

Several trigger questions

I have some questions about mission editing:

(has been 6 years since I last touched OFP so some parts are confusing to me)

How to create a trigger that is "valid" only after something else is completed? I have tried putting the taskname == "SUCCEEDED" as condition, but it does not work. And added End1 too, which should be ending the mission, but it won't do it.

How to create a trigger that fires if all surviving members of a team are within it? I am looking to make a trigger that activates if 1) the mission objective is complete and 2) all surviving players are in it. I think it was something with that list command.

Why won't any addweapon command I put work? I tried in the unit init line and in scripts.

this addweapon "m16" used to work way back then in the ofp time.

I did get 3. to work. However I still do not get how to make triggers active when another trigger was fired before.

Any pointers?

1. For a mission to end just select END 1 from the drop down menu that is just above the condition. To check if a task is completed do this:

(taskState TASKNAME) == "SUCCEEDED"

2. For this create a trigger with condition:

this AND (taskState TASKNAME) == "SUCCEEDED"

and make sure that you GROUP the trigger with the group leader of the squad you want to activate it. Once you have grouped it change the activation to "WHOLE GROUP" in the drop down at the top.

3. http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=73241 The 8th post contains all of the classnames to use when adding a weapon.