Sign in to follow this  
jasonnoguchi

Bis attention: 1.05 list of problems!

Just checked the AH-64D.

This Helli is armored and can sustain on some locations hits from 23mm canon rounds,

the cockpit glass also should survive at least small arms fire,

and yet I can shoot and kill the gunner and/or the pilot with a few rounds from the small HK gun from outside the cockpit through the "armored" glass.

Taking out the pilots of the AH-64D with a slingshot is next?? :)

Anyway - I think this should be fixed.

(I think the Super Cobra's cockpits glass should be armored as well from small arms fire, as in real life).

Cheers

S3ETUP

Question to the modders and coders:

Is it possible that there are two configs of a weapon (and old and a current one) in game?

That would explain why WARFARE "bought" M4A1 HOLO may have sights wrong compared to Editor-Placed or "normal Mission" version of the same rifle.

Did anyone else notice that you can turn out in T90 under water (like 3meters) and continue driving? :)

the AI did not work the same from 1.04 to 1.05-- some helicopters did not respond to the waypoints to search and destroy. Still have problems when dropping warfare barracks and air units--they are not placed where you put them but some distance from the area placed. The other problem I wrote in suggestions.

The AI seem more autonomous now, but a little too autonomous sometimes which is causing problems.

Main problems being that when they get in combat mode they'll stay in combat mode no matter if you put them in "safe" or other. They'll scatter from formation and won't follow you until they're out of combat mode, which will only be when they know there is no enemies for miles. In Warfare modes this can be a major pain.

The other odd thing being that when they do finally get out of combat mode they seem to just wander off. Many times I've been far away from them (because they won't follow me), and when they get out of combat mode I tell them to move to a position to the west and several things happen. Somtimes they move east. Sometimes the crewmen exit their vehicles (including driver) and walk east while the men in cargo stay in the vehicle.

You can evade this by changing formation to either the file or the diamond. They will still so jerky and hesitating, but they will acutally follow you much faster.

Edited by Bouben

Just checked the AH-64D.

This Helli is armored and can sustain on some locations hits from 23mm canon rounds,

the cockpit glass also should survive at least small arms fire,

and yet I can shoot and kill the gunner and/or the pilot with a few rounds from the small HK gun from outside the cockpit through the "armored" glass.

Taking out the pilots of the AH-64D with a slingshot is next?? :)

Anyway - I think this should be fixed.

(I think the Super Cobra's cockpits glass should be armored as well from small arms fire, as in real life).

Cheers

S3ETUP

This isn't a patch 1.05 problem, the non-bullet proof glass has been in the game since it came out. It's on everything from planes to helicopters, and I agree they should fix it.

My list of things that need fixed:

Change the AH-64D from USMC to USARMY in the editor.

I come from a long line of career soldiers. This really ticks me off.

Remove PBO association.

Edited by Darkhorse 1-6

AH-64D gunner optics zoom is very weak. Dont know how far you can zoom with in IRL, but it seems to short in the game. I seen videos from the optics and it seemed you can zoom pretty hard with it. The cobra can zoom twice the length of the apache in the game.

Speaking of the Apache, is the gun dispersion really that bad in real life? I cant hit jack after a certain range, I have to spam it all over the place in order to hit anything.

Autoquote from "Beta thread":

My mouse is really slow when I'm using High Command on the map.

We still have stuttering

About Suppressive Fire command...I'm not sure I've understood how it works XD

Change the AH-64D from USMC to USARMY in the editor.

I come from a long line of career soldiers. This really ticks me off.

Ditto on that!!

@CARLS, I have confirmed that what you said is the default auto suppressive fire in existence since the start of ArmA2. You don't need a command for that. My MG gunner does that all the time before. You don't have to tell him to do so. As a test, just do what you described in your post but this time, don't give the suppressive fire order and then you will see the same behavior.

He will automatically suppress for a short time (default), correct. But when he stops and his target is still alive but not visible, he won't upen up on him again until he makes himself visible. But, if you give him the suppress command (also available as 3-9 iirc), he will open up again. For better effect, try the suppress command with a sniper, then teamswitch to the suppressed unit. Try peaking around different corners of a building.

The default suppression level of a machinegunner (without being given a command to do so), is probably a bit on the low side to how it works in real life. Not really sure. But I think it needs to stay that way due to problems with AI not being really good at resupplying themselves.

well first game at warfare and it's nothing but frustrating. Troops don't go where I tell them, they just come to me wherever. I specifically tell them to GO TO NEXT WAYPOINT that I set, they confirm the order then just run all over. half of them go to the waypoint, the other half just start running off. I stop them. then give a direct GO TO THIS (MOUSECLICK), they confirm, and continue to just run just anywhere. They don't even run in a group. for me warfare is broken. bad. and I see zero improvement in the driving skills. Still just slamming into each other head on. Since half of them are heading back to me no matter what order I give them, the other half meets them on the road, they just ram each other. Grid lock.

@Luhgnut, its the same in all the missions as well. squad mates don't do all go where you tell them to anymore. maybe one out of five will.

yeah, i've noticed that now on the squad level. after they all get together, with me leading then they appear happy, then I move forward 2 are with me the others are going "what is your location." this is worse than release imo.

Yes I also noticed that getting your squad to stick to you know is nearly impossible. Also once they get into danger stance where they cover each other and move a few metres at a time, I can no longer get them out. I set the to safe and they still cover each other and take their sweet time returning to me where before they just used to bold straight to me.

I must say I think the squad control is kind of broken AGAIN. :eek:

Yes I also noticed that getting your squad to stick to you know is nearly impossible. Also once they get into danger stance where they cover each other and move a few metres at a time, I can no longer get them out. I set the to safe and they still cover each other and take their sweet time returning to me where before they just used to bold straight to me.

Pressing SPACE-1-1 works but not perfectly!

Definitely the thing that needs sorting out with this patch, i mentioned it earlier in the thread too. Im happy with the rest of the patch for the performance boost, but I may have to roll back to 1.04 for now (meaning a fresh install of the game of course) to avoid pulling my hair out due to my squads insubordinations :p

for a test I created a map, gave myself a couple of squad mates, spawned a truck and we piled in. We started out near the US Airport/base. I told them to goto Stary Sobor. The driver turned around and headed NW drove all the way down the full western side of the map, turned and started back to Stary Sobor, I could see where this was headed, and went and got in the shower and dressed. When I came back nearly 20 min later, we were stuck in Chernogorsk. Just parked. Not even close to resembling the little 3 min drive I told them to go to. Furthermore, at times he would drive at a crawl on a straight road. We were the only troops on the whole map.

1.04 last beta was pretty good, then suddenly it's back to worse than release.

navy pilots dont fly apaches but do in EW????

AI able to shoot through buildings and walls?

super AI 1 shot kills????

also notice connection issues with servers dropping out in MP.

Edited by rabiddawg

Luhgnut;1523800']for a test I created a map' date=' gave myself a couple of squad mates, spawned a truck and we piled in. We started out near the US Airport/base. I told them to goto Stary Sobor. The driver turned around and headed NW drove all the way down the full western side of the map, turned and started back to Stary Sobor, I could see where this was headed, and went and got in the shower and dressed. When I came back nearly 20 min later, we were stuck in Chernogorsk. Just parked. Not even close to resembling the little 3 min drive I told them to go to. Furthermore, at times he would drive at a crawl on a straight road. We were the only troops on the whole map.

1.04 last beta was pretty good, then suddenly it's back to worse than release.[/quote']

Not getting this problem,just tested this with a squad and a truck,put the AI as driver and told him to drive to Stary Sobor(from Novy Sobor),got there without any problems,then ordered him to go to Petrovka,again no problem.

For me driving in 1.5 it's miles away better than 1.4,in 1.4 the AI was driving 50 m than stop,drive again stop in a tree or a house(so on).

Everything seems pretty good to me. I noticed the AI were sniping me on their first bullets again, but I put the AI difficulty down a little and all is good now!

I am enjoying the game more than ever!

navy pilots dont fly apaches but do in EW????

Yeah I thought that was funny. I use ACE mod though and they've already removed the Apache from the USMC and gave it to the Army.

My issue with 1.05 is that the apache and cobra do not have a laser weapon for designating targets. makes it very difficult to attack armor unless you have multiple players to do lazing.