Sign in to follow this  
snkman

Group Link 4 Special FX Edition

Do you use the "Script/Mission Based" initialize?  

69 members have voted

1. 1. Do you use the "Script/Mission Based" initialize?

• Yes
    • No
    • Sometimes

Turns out it does'nt like me copying and pasteing from the pdf but if i type it in manually it works i dont get that error any more.

Trouble is thow they dont patrol they just stand there.Maybe lastest betas broke it or some thing:rolleyes:

I use ace and some other skin mods and weapon mods, but it seems to be fixed now after I turned off many of the special fx's

@muttly

Glad to hear you could slove the problem.

Bad to hear that it still don't work. :confused:

@Pvt. Phillips

Not a problem.

@Shammy2010

Strange this behaviour really should not be the fault of any "FX" feature. :confused:

Group Link 4 Special FX Edition State Update:

Well the current progress of Group Link 4 is in one word massive! :D

I already did a lot of different stuff to enhance and improve Group Link 4 and it look's like that so far everything works very well.

I'm currently involved in another very promissing project which had limited my time to work on Group Link 4 a bit but Group Link 4 still is running in very high priority on my list.

Group Link 4 W.I.P. Log: ( Could be multiple A4 pages but i have reduced it to the most important things )

Group Link 4 Special FX Edition v.1.3.00 ( ??.??.2010 )

-------------------------------------------------------

What's New:

-----------

Improved: Group Link 4 Special FX Edition Initialize.

Optimized: Removed many "publicVariable".

Added: Breath Feature.

Improved: Multiplayer codes.

Fixed: Debug Marker bug.

Fixed: The "Recruit" and "Release" actions was added twice.

Optimized compatibillity with ArmA 2 Operation Arrowhead.

Changed: "preprocessFile" to "preprocessFileLineNumbers".

Fixed: Script error, where only the group leader was moving to the given position as reinforcement.

Added: Multiplayer "Group Link 4" version check which will warn a player if he use a different "Group Link 4" version as the server.

Changed: "doMove" to "move" becouse it look's like that "Behaviour" and "Combat Mode" could not be changed correctly every time.

Changed: "Bullet Time" will be disabled automatically in multiplayer becouse the command "setAccTime" which is needed for slow - motion do not work in multiplayer.

Added: "Assassin" Car and Man feature.

Optimized: Reinforcement movement and combat behaviours.

Optimized: Remount Function.

Optimized: Vehicle Mount Function.

Changed: Alert cancel time from: 5 - 7 minutes to 3 - 5 minutes.

Fixed: Crew "Unmount" - "Get In" bug. Hopefully

Enhanced and Speed Up: "Static" "Custom" "Defend" and "Special FX" module initialize.

Added: FSM ( Finite State Machine ) Formations. ( GL4_FSMs.pbo )

Added: 3th person view. ( GL4_3D.pbo )

Optimized: Enemy A.I. Flare shooting at night.

Added: Real Time Debug.

Changed: Distance to KnowsAbout. Only enemy A.I. which knows less then 4 about a enemy will be ordered to move. This will make enemy A.I. groups not walk/run directly into the combat center.

Re-Wrote: ReadMe.pdf. Way smaller and cleaner now. ;)

Added: Muezzin call feature.

Added: Debug Log to write important debug and initialize errors to the .rpt

Fixed: Radio Chatter In-Game volume bug. Note: The H.Q. Radio Chatter volume can only be changed in the "GL4_Radio_Chatter.sqf" settings.

Enhanced: F.S.M. features. A.I. in combat and with a known target will search for additional cover objects close to their position.

Optimized: Re-Wrote all "while" - loops to "for from to" - loops. Way faster now. ;)

Fixed: Already burning fire ( inflamed ) did not use the "Camp FX" feature.

Optimized: Scripted FSM search cover function.

Fixed and Optimized: "Weapon FX" "Shell FX" and "Sound FX" features.

Fixed: Rotating Fire FX. ( Special FX )

Fixed: Sparks and Ashes of burning vehicles which was rotated through the explosion did not fly up in the air.

Changed: All "Special FX" like "Sparks" "Ashes" "Fire" and "Smoke" will now be affected by wind strenght and direction.

Added: Explosion FX Desert Dust Wave.

Modified and Enhanced: 85% of the "Special FX" features.

Changed: Some "call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers" which are used during the initialize of Group Link 4 to "execVM" to give other Mods/AddOns/Scripts the chance to initialized.

Enhanced: "Explosion FX" and "Shell FX" feature.

Changed: Duse and Mud color will be set by the given island surface/terrain which can be changed in ( UserConfig\GL4\GL4_Local.sqf ).

Enhanced: Enemy A.I. which had garrison a empty building and with 1 waypoint with the waypoint type "HOLD" will try to hold the building instead of leaving the building.

Warning: Enemy A.I. inside of a building may will not be able to shoot at the target becouse of a engine limitation.

Improved: "Scripted FSM" to allow a player ( if leader ) to order his A.I. unit(s) to search for cover.

Enhanced: "Explosion FX" feature.

Added: Tank Rocket Impact FX.

Added: Lightsources to all "Fire FX".

Re-Wrote: "Explosion FX" feature.

Added: Lightsources to "Explosion FX".

Re-Wrote: "Backblast FX" feature.

Improved and Enhanced: Group Link 4 initialize.

Re-Wrote: Many CPU intense functions from .sqf to .fsm which results a general stabillity and performance boost.

Added: Sidechat to the "Radio Communication" feature.

Optimized: Group Link 4 will be automatically disabled during the "Intro" screen of ArmA 2 / O.A. to give the engine more resources to initialize.

Added: "Group Link 4: Disable" module which will disable the initialize of Group Link 4 completly after it was created.

Re-Wrote: "Muezzin" feature into a function.

Enhanced: Group Link 4 version check.

Fixed: Group Link 4 "Enemy A.I. Enhancement" reinforcement time bug.

Re-Wrote and Enhanced: "House FX" feature.

Improved: "Fire FX" function. ( Crew Burning FX and Playe Burning FX )

Install:

--------

Copy the "@GL4" folder into your Armed Assault 2 root directory.

Drag the "UserConfig" folder from "@GL4\UserConfig" in your Armed Assault 2 root directory.

=============================================================================================================================================================

Group Link 4 Special FX Edition v.1.1.91 Beta ( 18.07.2010 )

-------------------------------------------------------

This is a private BETA for testing only.

Warning: Do not delete the "GL4_System" folder in "@GL4\AddOns\".

What's New:

-----------

Improved: "High Command Artillery" feature. All kind's of "Car" "Tank" and "Static Weapons" are supported.

Improved: "Patrol" feature. A.I. groups are able to patrol within a given range to a given object / class.

Enhanced: "High Command Helicopter" feature. The crew of a requested helicopter ( cargo only ) will be able to join the "High Command Helicopter" player which had requested the helicopter.

Enhanced: "High Command Reinforcement" feature. Requested friendly A.I. will join the group of the "High Command" player which had requested the reinforcement. This allowes a complete new way of navigation and tactically orientation of the "High Command Reinforcement" feature.

Improved: "Get In" function. Vehicle positions which may are not available in the synchronized vehicle ( Gunner / Commander / Turrets ) will be disabled and excluded.

Improved: "House FX" feature. The "House FX" feature sometimes was triggered multiple times by the internal explosion of a already burning building.

Fixed: "Re-Initialize" bug.

Improved: "Re-Initialize" function to assign the needed Event Handlers ( Fired / Hit / Killed ) to spawned vehicles.

Improved: "Re-Initialize" function to use the features "Difficult ( Skill and Skill Array )" / "Rearm" / "Captive / Surrender" with spawned enemy A.I.

Improved: Requested enemy A.I. in car will only unmount the cargo positions if the vehicle has a weapon mounted.

Improved: "Re-Initialize" function to use the "Dubbing" feature with spawned enemy A.I.

Improved: "Get In" function. If you like to use 2 vehicles with a group then synchronize bouth empty vehicles with the group leader.

Fixed: "Recruit" and "Repair" action assign. In multiplayer the "Recruit" and "Repair" actions was assigned each time after a J.I.P. player was initialized.

New Feature: "Repair" which allowes a player to repair damaged vehicles.

Improved: "Re-Initialize" function. Spawned vehicle get the "Repair" action and spawned friendly A.I. get the "Recruit" action.

Enhanced: "Get In" function to work with vehicles which already have a crew.

Improved: The driver of a car will randomly unmount the car or mount the car weapon if the gunner was killed.

Enhanced: Friendly A.I. v.s. Enemy A.I.: Enemy A.I. which fight again Friendly A.I. will use all "Enemy A.I. Enhancement" features but will not be able to request reinforcement.

Fixed: "High Command" features. The "High Command" communication menus always was assigned to the synchronized leader of a player group.

Improved: "Location" system.

Fixed: Players which are in a vehicle at mission start was not added and initialized correctly by Group Link 4.

Improved: "Special FX" initialize.

Enhanced: Civilians can be used to debug some Group Link 4 "Enemy A.I. Enhancement" features. Enemy A.I. will not react to players which are civilians but still use all additional "Enemy A.I. Enhancement" features like "Garrison" "Advancing" "Suppressed".

Improved: "Garrison" feature.

Added: Setting to ( UserConfig\GL4\GL4_Core.sqf ) to initialize Group Link 4 with specific missions only.

Re-Wrote: Group Link 4 Initialize. The initialize of every feature incl. "Force Move" will be skipped/cancelled if the user has choosen to disable Group Link 4 in any way.

Improved: Group Link 4 Initialize. Changed "Extended_Init_Eventhandlers" to "Extended_PreInit_EventHandlers" to execute the system only once.

Improved: General J.I.P. compatibility.

Added: Disable Group Link 4 completly in specific missions by write "GL4_Initialize = [ False ];" in the "Init.sqf" of the given mission.

Fixed: H.C. Artillery and Enemy A.I. Artillery use the fire animation.

Install:

--------

Copy the "@GL4" folder into your Armed Assault 2 root directory.

Drag the "UserConfig" folder from "@GL4\UserConfig" in your Armed Assault 2 root directory.

=============================================================================================================================================================

SNKMAN, this may be a lot to request, but I think the feature would make your already great work better.

At the moment GL4 continues to move units when we don't want it to... if there was a simple thing we could put in the init such as "DAC_NOMOVE = TRUE;" defining that unit as not moved by GL4 (similar to the UPSMON WP3 command).

Having such a simple command would maintain a missions ability to remain non dependant on GL4, and allow some units to stay in defensive positions within houses.

The release log looks great btw, can't wait for the update.

WOW. this log looks impressive. Can´t wait for it! :yay:

At the moment GL4 continues to move units when we don't want it to... if there was a simple thing we could put in the init such as "DAC_NOMOVE = TRUE;" defining that unit as not moved by GL4 (similar to the UPSMON WP3 command).

Having such a simple command would maintain a missions ability to remain non dependant on GL4, and allow some units to stay in defensive positions within houses.

Did you already try the "Group Link 4: Defend" module?

Or identify a enemy A.I. group with "dg1=group this" in the initialize field of the group leader?

Enemy A.I. "Defend" groups will never leave their position even if spotted a enemy. ;)

Guess this is exactly what you are after. Right?

Did you already try the "Group Link 4: Defend" module?

Or identify a enemy A.I. group with "dg1=group this" in the initialize field of the group leader?

Enemy A.I. "Defend" groups will never leave their position even if spotted a enemy. ;)

Guess this is exactly what you are after. Right?

We use GL4 serverside only, so modules is out of the question, I will give "dg1=group this " a try though, thank you.

Well the "dgX" do nothing else like you do with the "Defend" module.

1. Enemy A.I. defend group:

dg1 = group this;

2. Enemy A.I. defend group:

dg2 = group this;

3. Enemy A.I. defend group:

dg3 = group this;

Please check the "ReadMe.pdf" it's all documented there this way also works with enemy A.I. "Static" ( sgX = group this ) and "Custom" ( cgX = group this ) groups. ;)

Well the "dgX" do nothing else like you do with the "Defend" module.

Please check the "ReadMe.pdf" it's all documented there this way also works with enemy A.I. "Static" ( sgX = group this ) and "Custom" ( cgX = group this ) groups. ;)

Thank you SNKMAN, any tips on using GL4 with DAC? I know you collaborate with the developer of that to integrate the systems... just curious if you have a preferred config?

Keep up the great work, this has to be one of the best AI mods available at the moment, AI are so fast to react to situations compared to other options available at present.

Well yeah i talked with Silola about how we could make it that our systems work better with each other or how we could define enemy A.I. groups which should be used with the Group Link 4 Enemy A.I. Enhancement and which not.

The tweak we worked out only is needed for enemy A.I. which was spawned and which should not be initialized by the Enemy A.I. Enhancement of Group Link 4.

Group Link 4 use a system which do Re-Initialize spawned ( not available at the beginning of the mission ) enemy A.I. units and groups to let spawned enemy A.I. use all available Group Link 4 Enemy A.I. Enhancement features too. ;)

This means you can define if enemy A.I. spawned/created by D.A.C. should be Re-Initialized by Group Link 4 and use the Group Link 4 Enemy A.I. Enhancement or not.

That's all we did so far.

Well yeah i talked with Silola about how we could make it that our systems work better with each other or how we could define enemy A.I. groups which should be used with the Group Link 4 Enemy A.I. Enhancement and which not.

The tweak we worked out only is needed for enemy A.I. which was spawned and which should not be initialized by the Enemy A.I. Enhancement of Group Link 4.

Group Link 4 use a system which do Re-Initialize spawned ( not available at the beginning of the mission ) enemy A.I. units and groups to let spawned enemy A.I. use all available Group Link 4 Enemy A.I. Enhancement features too. ;)

This means you can define if enemy A.I. spawned/created by D.A.C. should be Re-Initialized by Group Link 4 and use the Group Link 4 Enemy A.I. Enhancement or not.

That's all we did so far.

Sounds great SNKMAN, will you guys be releasing any documentation or a new version release of GL4 or DAC 3.0?

Been waiting and wanting GL4 with DAC a long time.

Well all you need to know is in the "DAC V3 Readme.pdf". ;)

DAC V3 Readme.pdf ( Page 26 )

A simple DAC independent Move script is making the groups running along their waypoints.

Because I appreciate the „Group Link4“ pretty much, so I cared about to support this AI System by default.

Means that on a need released DAC groups will automatically be recognized and integrated by GL4.

SNKMAN and me, we have appointed a special group-variable, which will clearly recognize whether a group

has been generated by DAC and if yes whether this group is under control by DAC or whether she’s out of

command by DAC.

Explanation:

Each group which has been generated by DAC gets following variable assigned:

group setVariable ["DAC_Excluded", False]

The Variable will be replaced for each group which is leaving the DAC-System:

group setVariable ["DAC_Excluded", True]

SNKMAN, is it possible to use only GL4 radio chatter ?

What files would I need to put into my addons folder? (i put in just the chatter pbo & bisign but it didnt work)

thank you

Nope sorry this didn't work.

The only thing you could do is disable some "Core" features in the "GL4_Core.sqf" settings and use the "Special FX" incl. "Radio Chatter" only.

Hi SNKMAN,

When do you fix the "spinning" fire (burning houses etc.)?

Tino

Well all you need to know is in the "DAC V3 Readme.pdf". ;)

DAC V3 Readme.pdf ( Page 26 )

Thanks SNKMAN, haven't finish reading the DAC bible. :)

So by default, if I use DAC with GL4, GL4's AI enhancement will be used instead of DAC then?

Edited by Muahaha

One question regarding GL3 and GL4

I am using SLX now, and it has GL3 within.

Should I remove those GL3 files if I want to upgrade to GL4 standard? Or just leave them there?

@Muahaha

Nope enemy A.I. spawned by D.A.C. will use the D.A.C. behaviour till the enemy A.I. group was released from the D.A.C. system.

@Lugiahua

If you like to use GL4 then you need to remove the GL3 system of SLX becouse enemy A.I. would be controlled by 2 different A.I. systems which could have very bad results.

Got a feature suggestion, unless there is already an easy way of disabling GL4 CBA init from a mission:

Move the GL4_System init to Extended_InitPost_EventHandlers and check a variable, something like:

class Extended_InitPost_EventHandlers {
   class CAManBase    {
       class GL4_System {
           init = "if (isNil ""GL4_DO_NOT_RUN"") then {if (isNil ""GL4_Path"") then {GL4_Path = ""\GL4_System\""}; _this execVM (GL4_Path+""GL4_System.sqf"");};";
       };
   };
};

This way we could have GL4 auto-init server-side but still be able to disable it when making a mission (or set a GL4 ON/OFF parameter).

In mission init.sqf one would just add:

GL4_DO_NOT_RUN = 1;

to disable GL4

Edited by Robalo_AS

This way we could have GL4 auto-init server-side but still be able to disable it when making a mission (or set a GL4 ON/OFF parameter).

In mission init.sqf one would just add:

GL4_DO_NOT_RUN = 1;

to disable GL4

Already done and available in the next version pal. ;)

There will be 3 way's of how to do that.

1. Create the "Group Link 4: Disabled" module.

2. In the "Init.sqf" by writing "GL4_Initialize = False;" into it.

3. Write the mission name(s) of missions which should use Group Link 4 into the given setting array.

Example:

// GL4 Mission Initialize:
 // ==============================================================
 // Choose if Group Link 4 should be initialized with specific missions only.
 // Note: If no mission names are listed then Group Link 4 will be initialized with all missions.
 // ["Mission_Name","Mission_Name"], default is []
   // GL4_Core set [0, [] ];

Well need to check your suggestion too but i guess three way's should be enough. :)

Anyways thank's for your suggestion. ;)

Already done and available in the next version pal. ;)

There will be 3 way's of how to do that.

1. Create the "Group Link 4: Disabled" module.

2. In the "Init.sqf" by writing "GL4_Initialize = False;" into it.

3. Write the mission name(s) of missions which should use Group Link 4 into the given setting array.

Great news, you got it covered thanks SNKMAN !

has anyone experienced soldiers firing M4s and M16s in semi auto matic, but firing SUPER fast, sounding almost as if it was automatic? and that the soldiers seem to just keep shooting, and run out of ammo fast? I am using GL4, Zeus AI, and SLX! apparently they are all modular, but could that be the problem?

has anyone experienced soldiers firing M4s and M16s in semi auto matic, but firing SUPER fast, sounding almost as if it was automatic? and that the soldiers seem to just keep shooting, and run out of ammo fast? I am using GL4, Zeus AI, and SLX! apparently they are all modular, but could that be the problem?

Pretty sure it's not GL4's fault. I've seen them do that with just OA + ACE2, very annoying, not sure about how it's with Zeus and SLX.

That'll be SLX.

AI place less value on ammunition, one of the best and simultaneously worst pieces of code in that mod.

Depends on the situation, long range its terrible but close range its awesome.