Sign in to follow this  
snkman

Group Link 4 Special FX Edition

Do you use the "Script/Mission Based" initialize?  

69 members have voted

1. 1. Do you use the "Script/Mission Based" initialize?

• Yes
    • No
    • Sometimes

Hmm... strange and you are sure that you have changed the settings on the dedicated server in "UserConfig\GL4\GL4_Global.sqf" and everything works corrct?

I really can't explain you what's wrong there...

yeah i'm sure , sorry but i ask my friend to reinstall it, it can be fix

Yeah sorry can't really help you there...

Guess it's simply something you have overwatched. ;)

So I don't know who's more-responsible: this mod or ACE, but when you run the two mods together and you use ACE's bipod deployment and fire your weapon, you start bleeding automatically...even if you are on an empty map. Is this something fixable on your end?

So I don't know who's more-responsible: this mod or ACE, but when you run the two mods together and you use ACE's bipod deployment and fire your weapon, you start bleeding automatically...even if you are on an empty map. Is this something fixable on your end?

Try disabling some of the effects in the userconfig until you find which one causes it. Using ACE and only GL4_System and have no issues.

Do you run SLX at all? I had that happen to me when I was prone and using the bipod rest feature in ACE. Every time I fired, I would get injured and bleeding. When we turned off SLX, the problem went away.

Do you run SLX at all? I had that happen to me when I was prone and using the bipod rest feature in ACE. Every time I fired, I would get injured and bleeding. When we turned off SLX, the problem went away.

Nope, I'm running just A.C.E. and GL4. Apparently, this has been a problem for some time now:

http://dev-heaven.net/issues/10033

Either way though, this isn't a huge issue...just one of those minor inconveniences I hope will be eradicated at some point in the future. Even with that said, though, this is the best double-punch of mods that can be brought to ArmA 2, so props for the work SNKMAN.

Hi SNKMAN,

Is there a simple way to stop enemies spawning smoke shells and flares? Looks a bit strange when fighting insurgents, and worse marks their position for passing aircraft.

Thanks. :)

Disregard, just me being a bit thick. :p

Edited by Daniel

@dingyisun

How about thinking it the other way. :)

There is no bug like this with any of the ArmA 2 vanilla weapon. ;)

@dingyisun

How about thinking it the other way. :)

There is no bug like this with any of the ArmA 2 vanilla weapon. ;)

Haha true that, true that.

I have 2 quick questions about the default initializing that happens when I start up my mission. Does this mean that GL4 starts up automatically and adds improved AI to every unit? Even though i did not link them?

I play warfare and I was also curious that if this works by default does that mean that if I spawn new units will they have improved AI as well?

1.) Yes that's right but only if you use C.B.A.

2.) Right too ;) but unfortunately as far as i can remember there is a bug in the last version of Group Link 4.

If NONE enemy A.I. is at the map at mission start ( if every enemy A.I. is spawned ) then the Re-Initialize system of Group Link 4 do not work.

Make sure you have at least ONE enenmy A.I. unit on the map at mission start and every other A.I. which will be spawned and which has the same side like the ONE enemy A.I. will be Re-Initialized with the "Enemy A.I. Enhancement" and use all available "Enemy A.I. Enhancement" features.

Will be fixed in the next version so it will work even without enemy A.I. on the map at mission start.

excuse me but I seem to have the problem that when a unit is down and I try to give him first aid, it does not let me and it takes like 5 minutes before i can get to him, how to fix that?

Thank SNKMAN it works now but i have a little question is it oki if i do that :

// Choose if enemy A.I. should react to suppressive fire.

// True / False, default is True

GL4_Global set [42, True];

// Enemy A.I. Suppressive Fire Bullets Rate:

// Choose how fast ( in which rate of time ) the bullets must be fired to suppress enemy A.I.

// 0 - 0.50, default is 0.20 seconds

GL4_Global set [43, 0.20];

@Shammy2010

Which other mods do you use? Guess it's not the fault of Group Link 4.

@M1n1d0u

Sure that's ok but you will not change anything by doing this.

You simply set what already was set by default.

Hey SNKMAN,

With the mission based initiallize, does the script still look at userconfig ?

I have it working in my mission but troops just show Garrison, even when they are attacking the enemy. I also don't see any cooperation between difference groups. Am I doing something wrong ?

@Kremator

No the "Script Based" initialize do NOT check the "UserConfig" folder in case of ppl which do join a "Script Based" mission do not have the "UserConfig\GL4" folder.

You need to change the settings manual in the "Init.sqf" for example.

Init.sqf:

waitUntil { !(isNil "GL4_Global") };

GL4_Global set [1, _x];
GL4_Global set [5, _x];
GL4_Global set [7, _x];

waitUntil { !(isNil "GL4_Local") };

GL4_Local set [3, _x];
GL4_Local set [15, _x];
GL4_Local set [30, _x];

Hey Snkman

Iam trying use the patrol feature but when i type

this setVariable [“GL4_Patrolâ€, [100, “SAFEâ€, “LIMITEDâ€] ]; the init line of the leader i get

Invalid number in expression

Any idea how fix it

Hmm... nope should be okay as far as i can tell.

Please try this:

this setVariable [“GL4_Patrolâ€, [100] ];

And choose the Combat and Speed mode by adding a waypoint to the group if needed.

Hi SNKMAN my AI buddies normaly stay in danger mode for 10 mins after all enemys are out of the area and I heard and read the readme about this Force move feature helps fix that issue. I just dont know how to use Force move.:confused:

Well pretty simply. ;)

You need a team/squad with min. 1 A.I. in the group and you ( player ) as leader.

Then in-game press 0 then 8 and you are in the communication menu.

Then select ( highlight ) the A.I. unit(s) with the F - Keys and go to "Force Move".

Now you can choose between 3 different "Force Move" types.

That's pretty much it. :)

No still not working mybe addon clash or some thing here my rpt mate

=====================================================================

== C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\Expansion\beta\arma2oa.exe

== "C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\Expansion\beta\arma2oa.exe" -nosplash -window -noPause -noFilePatching -winxp -maxmem=2047 -cpucount=4 "-mod=C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\@Zextra;C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\@zcommon;C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\Expansion\beta;C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\Expansion\beta\Expansion;C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\@JSRS-W;C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\@JSRS-VW;C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\@JSRS-V;C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\@JSRS-E;C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\@CSM2BAF;C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\@GL4;C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\@CBA" -showscripterrors

=====================================================================

Exe timestamp: 2010/09/11 21:01:37

Current time: 2010/09/13 19:43:24

Version 1.54.73251

Checking DLC for update.

DLC check complete.

Item str_disp_server_control listed twice

Conflicting addon JSRS_Sonic_Cracks in 'jsrs_sonic_cracks_c\', previous definition in 'jsrs_explosions_c\'

Conflicting addon JSRS_Mi17 in 'jsrs_mi17_c\', previous definition in 'jsrs_ka50_c\'

Conflicting addon JSRS_AH64E in 'jsrs_mi24_c\', previous definition in 'jsrs_ah64e_c\'

Conflicting addon JSRS_CAWeapons_E in 'jsrs_sa61_c\', previous definition in 'jsrs_m4a3_c\'

Item str_disp_left listed twice

Conflicting addon CA_Dubbing in 'ca\dubbing\', previous definition in 'jsrs_radio_chatter_c\'

Updating base class manual->Mode_FullAuto, by jsrs_mk48_c\config.bin/CfgWeapons/Mk_48/manual/

Updating base class B_9x18_Ball->BulletBase, by jsrs_sonic_cracks_c\config.bin/CfgAmmo/B_9x19_Ball/

Updating base class MGun->Mode_FullAuto, by jsrs_m240coax_c\config.bin/CfgWeapons/M240_veh/manual/

Updating base class Mode_SemiAuto->SCAR_H_Single, by jsrs_scar_h_c\config.bin/CfgWeapons/SCAR_H_LNG_Sniper_SD/SCAR_H_SD_Single/

Updating base class Mode_FullAuto->SCAR_H_FullAuto, by jsrs_scar_h_c\config.bin/CfgWeapons/SCAR_H_LNG_Sniper_SD/SCAR_H_SD_FullAuto/

Updating base class Mode_FullAuto->manual, by x\zeu\addons\OA_c_wep_dispersion\config.bin/cfgWeapons/Mk_48/manual/

Updating base class Mode_FullAuto->MGun, by x\zeu\addons\OA_c_wep_dispersion\config.bin/cfgWeapons/M240_veh/manual/

Updating base class Sounds->, by jsrs_abrams_c\config.bin/CfgVehicles/M1A1/Sounds/

Updating base class Engine->, by jsrs_abrams_c\config.bin/CfgVehicles/M1A1/Sounds/Engine/

String STR_BAF_CFGMAGAZINES_BAF_PUTIED_V10 not found

Error in expression <255:>

Error position: <>

Error Invalid number in expression

Error in expression <255:>

Error position: <>

[72,40.538,0,"XEH: PreInit Started"]

[72,40.711,0,"MISSINIT","intro","Desert_E",false,true,false]

[72,41.352,0,"XEH: PreInit Finished"]

Warning: looped for animation: ca\wheeled\data\anim\uaz_cargo01_v0.rtm differs (looped now 0)! MoveName: kia_uaz_cargo02

Warning: looped for animation: ca\wheeled\data\anim\uaz_cargo01_v0.rtm differs (looped now 1)! MoveName: uaz_cargo02

[89,55.216,1.47,"XEH: PostInit Started"]

[163,56.834,2.027,"CBA_VERSIONING",["#CBA_HASH#",["cba"],[[[0,6,0,120],-1]],[[0,0,0],0]]]

[167,57.037,2.027,"XEH: PostInit Finished; [true,false,false,true,false,true,true,true,true,0]"]

Error in expression <this setVariable [“GL4_Patrolâ€, [100] ];>

Error position: <“GL4_Patrolâ€, [100] ];>

[12063,232.424,0,"XEH: PreInit Started"]

[12063,232.475,0,"MISSINIT","intro","takistan",false,true,false]

[12063,232.737,0,"XEH: PreInit Finished"]

[12092,240.287,1.627,"XEH: PostInit Started"]

[12160,242.046,2.336,"CBA_VERSIONING",["#CBA_HASH#",["cba"],[[[0,6,0,120],-1]],[[0,0,0],0]]]

[12165,242.316,2.336,"XEH: PostInit Finished; [true,false,false,true,false,true,true,true,true,0]"]

Hmm... strange?

It shows that the error was made in the units initialize field? Can't be... It's all correct there.

I really can't explain this. :confused: