Sign in to follow this  
snkman

Group Link 4 Special FX Edition

Do you use the "Script/Mission Based" initialize?  

69 members have voted

1. 1. Do you use the "Script/Mission Based" initialize?

• Yes
    • No
    • Sometimes

SNKman: great to have you back

Nice to see you already working again.

I really like that breath effect.

Here are a couple of suggestions:

a) Maybe you want to change the descriptions for Endurance from Good/Weak/bad to Strong/Tried/Weak ?

b) Is this effect influenced by altitude? i.e. the higher the runner, the quicker the get out of breath...

That is a great idea SNKMAN. Makes those silenced night ops just that little bit more tense.

@Konrad1

Well the "Breath" feature can be customized in many many way's with the "GL4_Local.sqf" you will be able to change everything like i already did it with the "Blood FX" of Group Link 4 so you will be able to choose when and how the "Breath" feature should be used.

@domokun

a) Maybe you want to change the descriptions for Endurance from Good/Weak/bad to Strong/Tried/Weak ?

Done.

b) Is this effect influenced by altitude? i.e. the higher the runner, the quicker the get out of breath...

Really good suggestion. ;)

Then might as well use the Total War type of exhaustion; Fresh / Winded / Exhausted :P

Hi SNKMAN,

How can I disable the allways present high command symbols over the units after using the "H.C. Artillery"-module for example. Usually in vanilla they are only present in High Command mode (LCtrl + Space).

Tino

Go to "UserConfig\GL4\GL4_High_Command.sqf".

Disable the "3D" marker section of each feature.

H.C. Artillery Example:

Original:

// High Command Artillery 3D Marker:
   // Choose if friendly A.I. groups should use/get a 3D marker.
   // True / False, default is True
      GL4_High_Command set [14, False];

Edited:

// High Command Artillery 3D Marker:
   // Choose if friendly A.I. groups should use/get a 3D marker.
   // True / False, default is True
      GL4_High_Command set [14, False];

Sethos: I LOVE the Total War series so how about this as a compromise ?

Fresh / Tired / Exhausted

SNKman: sorry if this sounds like an obvious question but is the rate of exhaustion linked to load carried by the soldier and/or injuries ?

Well yes i was thinking about to include injuries too but so far i guess the "Breath" feature already is big enough. May in the future.

Can someone help me?

When i first run a mission on my dedicated server it all goes well and fine, but the second i quit the server and come back later it says i am running gl4 modified and my server wont let me connect.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

I can't really answer your question...

All i can say is that i yesterday made some tests specially with J.I.P. where i was acting as J.I.P. and i never had this problem.

Which modifications do you use?

Hi,

I don't know if anyone else have this issue but when using GL4 1.1.87 and OA together I have the following problem. When I am in any type of vehicle and it blows up/get damaged I am ejected on the other side of the map.

Easy repro, open the Desert map in the editor and place a US Stryker (or any kind of vehicle) called c1. Create a trigger just in front activated by blufor and put

c1 setDammage 1

into the On Activation line. Preview the mission and drive into the trigger radius.

This doesn't happen with plain OA or OA Beta. Tested using no extra mods.

Cheers,

Aeggwards1

the fog is a bit too much in the breath feature. actually i think the way it is in vanila arma is ok.

Its in vanilla? really? Must say I think fog looks bad so never use it, is it working with breath in vanilla then?

BTW SNKMAN: so far i have been busy on other things hence no posts to you :) Sorry about that.

@aeggwards1

Thanks for reporting. :)

Well i tested it several times with OA 1.52 + latest beta patch.

Nothing happend... So i guess it's already sloved?

@Tobie

I did nothing with the fog...

The feature show's the "Breath" which come's out of the mouth of the soldiers.

This defenetly is not available in vanilla. ;)

@mrcash2009

Really not a problem. ;)

Take your time.

SNKMAN great work on this mod.

I was wondering if there's a way to disable the GL4 effects for specific units without using any modules?

Thanks.

For specific units? You mean players right?

Well yes every player can choose in the "GL4_Local.sqf" which FX should be used and which not.

@aeggwards1

Thanks for reporting. :)

Well i tested it several times with OA 1.52 + latest beta patch.

Nothing happend... So i guess it's already sloved?

Hi SNKMAN,

Thanks for your reply. I tested with the newest beta today and have the same issue. I have narrowed it down to the Crew FX feature. If I turn this off, it no longer ejects me half way across the map.

Cheers,

Aeggwards1

@aeggwards1

Hmm... Yes you could be right. ;)

After checking the "Crew FX" script i have seen that this may really could happend...

Nice find.

Thanks you very much.

@Component Actual

No so far 1.1.87 is the latest version but i guess it should not need very long till i'm ready to release a new version.

Sorry if it's been reported, I have a little bug with OA, when background Radio traffic sound switches on in vehicles it lower's all the other sounds, no matter how I set the volume level.

For specific units? You mean players right?

Well yes every player can choose in the "GL4_Local.sqf" which FX should be used and which not.

I didn't mean players sorry. I meant enemy AI units. Sometimes you want the AI to stay in position for ambushes etc and disableAI "MOVE" seems to be overwritten by GL4.

Is there any way to get them to stay put without using GL4 modules?