Sign in to follow this  
snkman

Group Link 4 Special FX Edition

Do you use the "Script/Mission Based" initialize?  

69 members have voted

1. 1. Do you use the "Script/Mission Based" initialize?

• Yes
    • No
    • Sometimes

I have the latest CBA plus I don't run WarFX and still get the spinning smoke when running GL4. ...odd.

SNKMAN!! I have a bug in your mod - when i request the artellery support from USA it is OK

But when i request artellery support from russian side the Hovitzer D-30 does shuting the feature working is well but i dont see the shots from D-30 Can you fix this issues?

P.S Sorry for english i from Ukraine

Thank you!

SNKMAN!! I have a bug in your mod - when i request the artellery support from USA it is OK

But when i request artellery support from russian side the Hovitzer D-30 does shuting the feature working is well but i dont see the shots from D-30 Can you fix this issues?

I asked it a few pages ago, but nobody answer :(

I asked it a few pages ago, but nobody answer :(

If we are speak more about this issues, maby SNKMAN fix this bug becouse i see then USA artelery working as well, but Russian as always have some bugs

I hope you SNKMAN fix it in next relese if not this will be badly! \

FIX - IT!!:mad::confused::butbut:

That will work :j:

Thank you! I hope you will fix it! After all i want have big knowlege of Englich if you spot the errors in my text please tell me about it! THANK YOU!!

I have a lot of addons and mods such as (ACE, CBA, GL4) US army Howitzes fave 100% firing animation, but Russians D30, Grad, 2B14 (in russian minomet) doesen't have fire animation! Why? I ask all Arma 2 Comunity WHY? :butbut: I want create mission with heroic landing on takistan and than AI will lanch fire mission on enemy! PLEASE HELP ME!

Edited by RaiBow Six Vegas 2

Make sure you guys are using the newest version of CBA/XEH.

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=11087

That fixed the issues I had.

Hi Manzilla,

WARFX isn't activated but you are right WarFX has the same problem with spinnig fire animations.

Tino

my CBA version is 0.5.0 (Arma2 + OA installed)

Anyone heard anything from Snkman?

Snkman are you still around?

Snkman are you going to continue development on GL4 ..or is this it?

If I have missed a post somewhere answering these questions I'm sorry. I just have not seen anything from Snkman in a long time

Nomadd

Hey guy's,

well yes i'm still around. :)

The reason why there are no new's and/or updates is simply that i'm really busy in my real life since some time.

I already have done a lot of stuff and i'm still coding from time to time but only with very slow progress.

Hopefully i will have a chance to update Group Link 4 after this summer.

"Fire Bug"

Yes i have noticed this too and i guess there was something changed in the "Particle Array" from ArmA 2 to ArmA 2 OA which is used to create the fire.

@RaiBow Six Vegas 2

No i already tryed several things but the D-30 simply don't have a fire animation.

good to see you SNKMAN!

take your time to update GL4. We can wait for it. But we cant play without it! :)

Hi SNKMAN, you never mentioned if you had time to buy and play around with OA :)

Would be nice to see updates later, AO / combined is real nice.

BTW as you have posted I thought I might add something I found ... I use combined ops but using OA to run it all through. I notice that when you select radio for a man in your team as soon as the radio audio plays all other effects/sounds dip in volume to about 50 percent as if the sound settings were just manually pulled right down, 1st person gunfire is lesser than the ambiance sounds.

If I simply restart the mission it will go back to normal volume, switching radio off once this has happened wont clear it though, you have to restart a mission. Clearly an AO engine sound update "thing" but thought Id bring it to your attention so you are aware of it. Maybe a conflict with default radio volume numbers, maybe values have changed for OA?

Edited by mrcash2009

@Kroky

@mrcash2009

Well yes i have ArmA 2 OA and i really don't like it that much...

Performance is by far not as good as in ArmA 2 and the OA maps have way less objects like any maps of ArmA 2.

Anyway i use OA to prove futher compatibility with it.

Yes you are right some things was changed from ArmA 2 to ArmA 2 OA like the fire for example.

Like you can see i have some more work to do to get all thouse things up and running.

Well let's see if i can get this baby up within the next few weeks. ;)

Well yes i have ArmA 2 OA and i really don't like it that much...

Performance is by far not as good as in ArmA 2 and the OA maps have way less objects like any maps of ArmA 2.

That will be the path-finding/Ai calculating with the new open buildings, they are a bitch, ive said this elsewhere, try a built up areas with OA ambient civilians ... stutter, stutter :o Smaller villages and takistan for me are better I just avoid large battles, civvies and over use inside built up areas (mind you my CPU isn't great now anyway).

This is a little off topic but at least we know you will have it in mind when testing :cool: You were knocking this thing out by the day and I think people took that for granted thinking you will be the same all the time, a victim of your own work rate :) Cant wait for future updates as they come, I will refrain from bumping unless you post first :)

I get a CTD when I use the GL4 system module and sync it with the player character.

@SNKMAN

Let me ask just one question:

Do you have a newer version of GL4 for ArmA II only than 1.1.87?

If yes can you release it, please?

@mrcash2009

Yes i'm a 1 man group and that's in some cases is a very bad thing...

Anyway the developement will continue. ;)

@skooma

What do you use? Which mod's?

I never had any CTD while using GL4.

@Kroky

Yes of course i have a newer version but i guess noone will be happy with it's current stage becouse many thing's are still in W.I.P. and not tested properly specially the MP part.

Group Link 4 Work In Progress Videos:

--------------------------------------------

Well guess i have played too much Brothers in Arms - Hell's Highway and Far Cry 2 in the last few month's.

- Bullet Time/Camera:

LL7oRkewdEw&fmt=22

Mh your Mod is ok but the AI in your mod is very very very BAD! :mad:

I edit the options in the global GL4 config... 1.0, 1.0 - all... and the AI need 5 shots to hit me and get me down... sry for my english.

PLS WORK ON IT! Make a goodlike AI ... at the time the AI is not a enemy for me, sry. I can kill a whole group of 12 mens alone if I want that and if you want to see a little movie I can do that.... with the configs and the whole group... I upload it on YT if you want this.

@SNKMAN Great job love the mod I see know problem with the AI IMO but great job anyway keep it up one of the best mods out there.

Don't you think he'd release it if it was ready? What the hell do you think he would be waiting for...... You to say release it?

---------- Post added at 08:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:06 PM ----------

Mh your Mod is ok but the AI in your mod is very very very BAD! :mad:

I edit the options in the global GL4 config... 1.0, 1.0 - all... and the AI need 5 shots to hit me and get me down... sry for my english.

PLS WORK ON IT! Make a goodlike AI ... at the time the AI is not a enemy for me, sry. I can kill a whole group of 12 mens alone if I want that and if you want to see a little movie I can do that.... with the configs and the whole group... I upload it on YT if you want this.

Check the video above. There's no 5 hits and dead there. I've never had this problem.

Bullet Time/Camera..looks sweet!!..will be looking for your new update

keep up this great mod..

Thank you

BULLET TIME!!!! WOWOWOWO!!!! WHEN IS IT COMING????? HEHEHEHEHEH

Oh SNKMAN, is GL4 going to be ArmA2 or OA dependant like ACE2?