Sign in to follow this  
snkman

Group Link 4 Special FX Edition

Do you use the "Script/Mission Based" initialize?  

69 members have voted

1. 1. Do you use the "Script/Mission Based" initialize?

• Yes
    • No
    • Sometimes

Is it possible to use GL4 with JTD fireandsmoke mod in single player?

@firefly2442

Are there any additional tutorials or videos on how to use this mod?

No sorry only the one which came with Group Link 4.

However, when I load it up, the group just stands there.

Are you using C.B.A.?

If not then you need to create the "Group Link 4: System" module and synchronize 1 enemy A.I. unit with it so the "Enemy A.I. Enhancement" will be initialized and you will be able to use the "Patrol" feature.

The code you have added to the enemy A.I. leader is correct.

@Manzilla

I'm a bit confused by the new versions ReadMe about Static Groups.

Yeah i know some part of the "ReadMe" are a bit confusing but all this modular and multiple way initialize really make's it very difficult to me to create a clear and easy to understand readme.

Okay some deeper informations:

"Static Groups" can not be requested as reinforcement and will not advance after they have heared/detected gunfire.

"Static Groups" are used to stay and protect a specific area where they was placed at.

"Static Groups" will try to hunt down their enemy(s) after they had spotted enemy(s).

This means as long as "Static Groups" are without enemy contact they will stay at their position but as soon as a "Static Group" is in contact with a enemy they will hunt down their enemy.

"Defend Groups" will always stay at their position even if in contact with enemy(s). "Defend Groups" will never try to hunt down their enemy(s).

I always thought a Static group was used for units manning static weapons.

Nope that's false. Each enemy A.I. group will look for empty "Static Weapons" nearby ( within 100 meters to the group ) which they could use/mount.

@Robalo_AS

If you placed the GL4 System module into your mission then you will need to sync the leader to one of the Custom, Defend or Static modules.

Nope that's not correct. You don't need to synchronize anything.

If you like to use the "Enemy A.I. Enhancement" by using modules then it's enough if you synchronize one enemy A.I. unit with the "Group Link 4: System" module.

I've seen Static groups leaving their positions to engage so I started changing all of my Static groups to Defend groups in the missions.

There was nothing changed.

"Static Groups" always engaged after they had spotted enemy(s).

@Sig

Sure. ;)

But can you use yours with JTD JTD fireandsmoke? If not. Is there a way you can assimilate the conditions that reflect what JTD can do. If you can then you have created the only special effects mod you’ll need in Arma2.

Is there any chance you could write a defensive code where your fire team cover all points north, south, east and west?

Top mod though :D

@SNKMAN

I suggest to remove the "avoid launcher backblast movement" for the player. Its a good feature for the AIs, but its very disturbing when your own character moves away from the launcher and you cant control it during this time. In particular when in firefight.

@Sig

But can you use yours with JTD JTD fireandsmoke?

Yes sure you can use JTD Fire and Smoke and Group Link 4 toghetter.

Is there any chance you could write a defensive code where your fire team cover all points north, south, east and west?

They still do and detect units behind them too.

@Kroky

I suggest to remove the "avoid launcher backblast movement" for the player.

Yes agree. I was thinking the same some day's ago after running in such a situation.

IMPORTANT:

If you use the latest BETA Patches then it's highly recommend to initialize Group Link 4 with the modules instead of using C.B.A.

After a real marathon of MP tests i found out that C.B.A. very often fail to initialize after the first time.

By using the modules or "63826" everything works like it should.

Is it possible to stop the Initialize messages on screen? Ive tried with the setting below but they still show on screen..

thanks in advance

// GL4 Initialize Debug:

// ==============================================================

// Choose if the "Initialize" debug should be used.

// Note: This debug displays how "Group Link 4" was initialized directly after the initialize of "Group Link 4" was done.

// True / False, default is True

GL4_Core set [4, False];

@Painless

Is it possible to stop the Initialize messages on screen?

Yes the way you have made it should work... How do you initialize Group Link 4?

@Stavanger

Thanks for the mirror. ;)

SNKMAN,

Thanks for clearing that up. My apologies for my stupidity on this one. I got it now.

Thanks again.

Not a proble.

Alway's glad to help and or explain something. :)

I think I might have asked this before and now I can't find the answer - How can you remove those initialization messages? They are a massive nuisance when making videos, as the scenarios you tend to make are coded to start right away and I'd like to have some of the GL4 features enabled while doing my movies.

So, is it possible to just remove those lines somehow?

Check out the: "UserConfig\GL4\GL4_Core.sqf"

// GL4 Initialize Debug:
// ================================================== ============
// Note: This debug displays how "Group Link 4" was initialized directly after the initialize of "Group Link 4" was done.
GL4_Core set [4, False];

Oh... f... this is very nice one dud thanks for yours works!

Edited by Affe-mit-Waffe

@SNKMAN

Did you experience the problems with loading GL4 with CBA only in MP or in SP too? Did you already try with 70313 beta?

@Sethos | joep221 | Affe-mit-Waffe

Well there is much more you can tweak. Simply check out all files in the "UserConfig\GL4\" folder.

@Kroky

Did you experience the problems with loading GL4 with CBA only in MP or in SP too?

Yes the problem was in MP only. SP + C.B.A. + GL4 worked fine.

As far as i can tell the problem was sloved in 70313.

Works fine for me in SP and MP and with C.B.A.

How do I just download the AI enhancements and not the effects themself?

@Sethos | joep221 | Affe-mit-Waffe

Well there is much more you can tweak. Simply check out all files in the "UserConfig\GL4\" folder.

@Kroky

Yes the problem was in MP only. SP + C.B.A. + GL4 worked fine.

As far as i can tell the problem was sloved in 70313.

Works fine for me in SP and MP and with C.B.A.

Same here, works fine for me with CBA, GL4 and beta 70313.

@D00mbuggy

It's all in one.

You can disable the "Special FX" by changing the setting in "UserConfig\GL4\GL4_Core.sqf".

@Kroky

Nice. Thanks for reporting back. ;)

@SNKMAN

A very shy question:

How long will you hide your latest GL4 version under the hood? It's been several weeks since 1.1.87 has been released. It still is very stable and works very good. But I know you have some new features in your unreleased version. And that makes me jealous! :mad:

There is a problem with your fire team surrendering all of a sudden. This is very annoying. SNKMAN can you disable this for your team only?

Also, a member of your team kneels down, and slowly places his weapon down and then picks it up - is that a bug?

Is there someway to remove the info of were all the enemy are in the map. Think it´s kind of borring when you se all the enemys position on the map even when they are not in a firefight for example. If there are a coming reinforcement i will be little suprised :D

Check out the: "UserConfig\GL4\GL4_Core.sqf"

// GL4 Initialize Debug:
// ================================================== ============
GL4_Core set [4, False];

I got around to looking at the file today, how do I set it to false, where do I write it?