Sign in to follow this  
snkman

Group Link 4 Special FX Edition

Do you use the "Script/Mission Based" initialize?  

69 members have voted

1. 1. Do you use the "Script/Mission Based" initialize?

• Yes
    • No
    • Sometimes

@All

Thanks for your nice responds. :)

@AxF FoX

a medevac script of some sort could come our way?

Well have you already tryed the "High Command: Helicopter" feature?

You can use this feature as "Medical Evacuation" too. ;)

@A_Blunt_Rifle

So far the "Enemy A.I. Enhancement" do only work if min. 1 enemy A.I. unit was placed in the map ( editor ).

The current released version do not work if all enemy A.I. is spawned.

In the next version the "Enemy A.I. Enhancement" will work with missions where enemy A.I. is only spawned ( without any anemy A.I. at mission start ) too.

I have a problem, it's cool they hunt me down, really cool, but they should look for me in the general direction where they last saw me run.

I mean, no matter where I run to, they always find me, they always know exactly where I am.

I have a problem, it's cool they hunt me down, really cool, but they should look for me in the general direction where they last saw me run.

I mean, no matter where I run to, they always find me, they always know exactly where I am.

Yes, imho that is a severe immersion killer. Other AI mods seem to suffer the same problem though...

It would really be great if this could be solved!

Yeah, it's very unrealistic now, and you know that they'll always find you so it's boring.

Can't you make it so they head for the direction that they last had visual on you, keep following that direction for a bit and search the area, and if they don't find you, just patrol back to where they came from.

Yes this is one of the moste stupid behaviours of ArmA 1 and ArmA 2.

After enemy A.I. had detected (spotted ) a enemy ( player ) they automatically will get a knowledge about 1 - 3 about the enemy ( player ).

The knowledge about their enemy will be dropped to 0 after about 3 - 5 minutes.

This means enemy A.I. will not directly loose their knowledge about a enemy after they have lost visual contact to the enemy.

Their knowledge will keep for 3 - 5 minutes like you would be right in front of them even if you are already 1000 meters away.

Yeah that's what i call micro A.I. genius. :D

Can you lower their knowledge via scripting so that it SEVERELY affects their hunting (unless directly saw you) ?

Is there a userconfig setting to be done (in GL4) so I can change the amount of time they will follow me, or the distance?

Also, is it possible to use the GL4 AI enhancements only for some AI, not all?

@Kremator

Well you can tweak the enemy A.I. knowledge in "UserConfig\GL4\GL4_Global.sqf".

// Enemy A.I. Reinforcement Request Knows About:
     // Choose how much enemy A.I. must know about a enemy to set alert and request reinforcement.
     // Note: The lower this value the faster enemy A.I. will request reinforcement.
     // 0 - 3, default is 0.30
       // GL4_Global set [3, 0.30];

If you set this to 1 or 2 it may helps fixing this behaviour.

The knowledge of the enemy A.I. will be way faster at 1 or 2 like 0.30.

@eosteric

Is there a userconfig setting to be done (in GL4) so I can change the amount of time they will follow me.

No currently there is no time value.

By default enemy A.I. will hunt a enemy for 200 + (random 100) which means between 3 - 4 minutes.

But this time will start counting after none of the alerted enemy A.I. groups knows something about the enemy so you have to add the 3 - 5 minutes till the knowledge of the enemy A.I. about their enemy is 0 so the full result is:

7 - 10 minutes.

Which means enemy A.I. will try to catch you for randomly 7 - 10 minutes.

If you was again spotted bevore the cancel alert time was reached the counter will re-set and again start by 0.

Also, is it possible to use the GL4 AI enhancements only for some AI, not all?

Sure there are several ways available but the easyest is the "Group Link 4: Custom" module.

Each enemy A.I. group which was synchronized with the "Group Link 4: Custom" module will use the "Enemy A.I. Enhancement" and all other enemy A.I. groups which was not synchronized with the "Group Link 4: Custom" module will be excluded.

I see that GL4 AI is initialized when I don't use any modules, then it works for ALL AI right?

But as soon as I put out the Custom module and synchronize it, this default GL4 for all is no longer true?

Can I use the Custom module only for groups of enemy AI, or single units as well?

Thanks for answering all the stupid questions.

But as soon as I put out the Custom module and synchronize it, this default GL4 for all is no longer true?

Yes correct. Exactly that's the use of the "Group Link 4: Custom" module.

It allowes you to only initialize specific enemy A.I. units/groups with the "Enemy A.I. Enhancement".

Can I use the Custom module only for groups of enemy AI, or single units as well?

A single unit is a group of it's own too.

This means even a 1 man group ( 1 unit ) is a group.

So to answer your question yes you can use it with single units too. ;)

B.t.w. There are no stupid questions only stupid answer.

Hands down, this is the single best mod I've used. I would appreciate a bit more blood/gore for effect but otherwise, no complaints from me.

I am curious, running GL4 on one of the new Evolution missions and I'm finding it pretty hard to "sneak up" on tanks. From my experiences I could sneak up on a T-90 from behind and plant a satchel... now when I'm running GL4 when I get <20m or so, or when I have a more direct line of sight to the tank - he turns a full 180 and messes me up... does this have to do with GL4? Or just my bad luck?

I was wondering....

Are you guys the ones responsible for 'Laughing Man'?

Occasionally 'Laughing Man' will do his thing and I'm wondering if he's laughing because:

1. There was a joke between the squad mates

2. He's nervous

3. He enjoys filling people up with bullets

(if I'm wrong about this, sorry)

Hey ive noticed in this mod that while playing, i start a Sec Op mission for lets say an assault mission where on my map it spawns the red circle with the X in the middle to indicate where the enemy position is to be assaulted, and as the enemy units are spawned in while looking at the map it shows that enemy units are characterized as blue for ex. (D 1-1-5) to show that they are friendly but when in fact they are not friendly but enemy units. then as i get closer to the enemy position they turn red to indicate they are enemy. and this happens with all spawned ambient combat module units. .. . .. . so is this a known bug or how do i fix it???????

D 1-1-5) to show that they are friendly but when in fact they are not friendly but enemy units. then as i get closer to the enemy position they turn red to indicate they are enemy. and this happens with all spawned ambient combat module units. .. . .. . so is this a known bug or how do i fix it???????

it's not a bug it's for seeing the differents states of the ennmi and their movement. The blue marker doesn't indicate that the AI was ennemi or not.

If you don't want to see these marker you have to modify the GL4 config global

and put show map marker to false.

For more information you can read the thread, this question was already asked more than 2 times.

Bye

@belgerot

Thanks. :)

I would appreciate a bit more blood/gore for effect but otherwise, no complaints from me.

Have a look at "UserConfig\GL4\GL4_Local.sqf".

There you can find several settings to tweak the "Blood FX" feature.

You can make units spurt blood after every hit.

You can increase the blood count that much more blood will spurt after a unit was hit and much more...

@cvirtuoso

I'm finding it pretty hard to "sneak up" on tanks. From my experiences I could sneak up on a T-90 from behind and plant a satchel... now when I'm running GL4 when I get <20m or so, or when I have a more direct line of sight to the tank - he turns a full 180 and messes me up.

Yes the enemy A.I. of Group Link 4 do recognize and react to a player way better and faster like default enemy A.I.

Of course every enemy A.I. need a knowledge about a target higher then 0 ( 0.1 ) to react to the target but if they have the given knowledge then they will react very fast and effective. ;)

@Kommiekat

Occasionally 'Laughing Man' will do his thing and I'm wondering if he's laughing because:

I coded it to fit situation: 3

3. He enjoys filling people up with bullets.

Yeah sounds a bit strange but that's how it is in real life too.

@A_Blunt_Rifle

Yes that's not a bug that's the "Debug Markers" which should help a mission maker to overview the mission.

I already was thinking about changing the color to the given enemy side:

East = Red

West = Blue

Resistance / Guer = Enemy / Friendly side Red or Blue

In that case then, I love the extra features of GL4... what is the easiest way to disable the enhanced enemy A.I. feature of GL4 while still keeping the other features intact? I can see a lot of variables in the config files, just wondering which one exactly will disable the enemy enhanced A.I. or if this is possible... GL4 is too hard for me :P

hey as i look in the GL4_Global i notice it says....

// Choose False to disable the enemy A.I. reinforcement feature.

// True / False, default is True

// GL4_Global set [0, False]; <----do i need to change this to True? to be able to have the enemy AI reinforce themselves? it seems as if every setting is tuned to false

Edited by A_Blunt_Rifle

@cvirtuoso

what is the easiest way to disable the enhanced enemy A.I. feature of GL4 while still keeping the other features intact?

Well there are a lot "Enemy A.I. Enhancement" features.

Which exactly do you wanna to disable? Reinforcement Request?

If yes.

Go to "UserConfig\GL4\GL4_Global.sqf"

Find:

// ==============================================================
   // GL4 Enemy A.I. Reinforcement Request:
     // GL4_Global set [0, False];

Remove the "//" in front of the variable "GL4_Global" and it will be disabled ( set to False ).

// GL4 Enemy A.I. Reinforcement Request:
      GL4_Global set [0, False];

Check this line:

This means this feature will be set to True ( Enabled ) by default so you only need to edit this if you like to Disable this feature.

@A_Blunt_Rifle

Read at the top of "GL4_Global.sqf" and check my answer of cvirtuoso. ;)

// ////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

// GL4 v.1.1.87 Global Settings

// The GL4 Global settings are stored in the global array GL4_Global.

// You can change settings of GL4 by editing the GL4_Global array.

// For each custom setting uncomment remove the "//" in front of the respective line and modify the value.

// GL4_Global set [ Index, Value ];

// In multiplayer all GL4_Global settings are used and synchronized by the server.

Edited by SNKMAN

Hi SNKMAN,

With the HC helicopter option, is it possible to have a return to base or let go feature so that it can be called upon again, i love the options you get while inside the heli like land and flying height but once you leave those options are not there, i would like him to move somewhere and land.

Hi Katipo,

you still will be able to order a specific requested helicopter to "Land" "Fligh High" "Fly Low" even if not inside the helicopter.

Use the "H.C. Helicopter" communication menu after requesting a helicopter and you will see all thouse options listed in the menu too. ;)

Is there a way to disable the spark effects? i am only using the radio chatter addon at the moment.

Is there a way to disable the spark effects? i am only using the radio chatter addon at the moment.

Yes, One of the fabulous things of GL4 is that GL4 is completly modifiable !!

SO go on your userconfig folder ---> GL4 ----> GL4 local settings

// GL4 Impact FX:

// Choose if the "Impact FX" feature should be used.

// Description: The "Impact FX" feature do spawn "Impact FX Sparks" and "Impact FX Debris" after a vehicle was hit by a projectile.

// Note: This feature require the "Explosion FX" feature to reach the full range of intensity.

GL4_Local set [43, False];

// Impact FX Intensity:

// Description: The higher this value the lower the "Impact FX" feature will be used.

// Note: The intensity of all "Impact FX" features will be divided by this value.

// Set this value to 3 or 5 to reduce the CPU load of the "Impact FX" feature.

// 1 / 5, default is 1

// GL4_Local set [44, 1];

// Impact FX Sparks Chance:

// Choose the chance of how to use the "Impact FX Sparks" feature after a vehicle was hit by a projectile.

// 0 - 100, default is 50%

// GL4_Local set [45, 50];

// Impact FX Debris Chance:

// Choose the chance of how to spawn "Impact FX Debris" after a vehicle was hit by a projectile.

// 0 - 100, default is 35%

// GL4_Local set [46, 35];;

One advice, I think it will be nice to read the readme in the GL4 folder or read the indication on the config or read the post which was wrote in this thread. ;)

One problem SNKMAN in the local config you say remove the // for put the settings false.

But if I do this on this setting:

// Choose if the "Impact FX" feature should be used.

// Description: The "Impact FX" feature do spawn "Impact FX Sparks" and "Impact FX Debris" after a vehicle was hit by a projectile.

// Note: This feature require the "Explosion FX" feature to reach the full range of intensity.

GL4_Local set [43, True];

It's always true No ?? :j: