Sign in to follow this  
snkman

Group Link 4 Special FX Edition

Do you use the "Script/Mission Based" initialize?  

69 members have voted

1. 1. Do you use the "Script/Mission Based" initialize?

• Yes
    • No
    • Sometimes

@Gunhawk007

Guess you get it wrong.

Group Link 4 do alway's request A.I. which is closest to the calling A.I.

So if a helicopter is 20k away and a infantery squad is close to the calling group then the infantery squad will be selected as reinforcement.

OK, but is this really that simple? That would possibly call in an infantry squad nearby which is incapable to defeat a platoon of tanks and choppers 20Miles away just sit on ground.

Could you please also comment then on the "radio-range" dependent on access to vehicles? As you confirmed earlier the range constraints for reinforcement depend on the spotter - not the reinforcement groups.

Probably it would be a good enhancement to have a way of controlling reinforcement i.e. with a link or something.

Regards Gunhawk

@Robalo_AS

I think as long as the rooftops and towers are accessible the AI will use them sometimes. I'm pretty sure I have seen it before.

Yes, but they will not stay there. They will walk in and walk out.

I remember though, that in SLX (GL3) they would get on rooftops and towers and stay there. But sometimes they fell down...:(

@Robalo_AS

I think as long as the rooftops and towers are accessible the AI will use them sometimes. I'm pretty sure I have seen it before.

Yeah, many missions use the patrol scripts (UPS/UPSMON/USPS) and they make them do it with great success. I was thinking maybe GL4 would have them do it too, automagically and randomly. The goal would be to achieve same thing with less mission design work and to automatically enhance existing missions.

how can we caheck or sure about gl4 is initliazed on serverside (only mission based).i am trying it with domi,added codes at the end of the domis init line but i dont see any initiliazed messages ?

domis last line in init.sqf is

if (true) exitWith {};

do i put gl4 codes before or after this line ?

@snakedoctor34

You must put them before. "if (true) exitWith {};" will stop the script at this position. Everything behind isn´t initialised.

What skill and precision values are you recommending to set in the config file when using the GL4 skill system?

I adjusted mine according to Zeus recommendations, but I am inclined to cease using that.

Thanks

A.

for a while this kept crashing arma2 for me. but the latest works really well.

one request - now that you've helped the ai be a force to be reckoned with would you be able to add more expected commands for them in the space bar context menu? like move up, fall back, assault, flank, take cover there?

you've got a great frame work but a lot of the time the ai could use more squad discipline.

:(@SNKMAN

I just realized that since the newest version 1.1.85 it isn't possible to force move units in vehicles...That's bad. I think this is not a good idea.

I often happens that helicopters that are called in as reinforcements or as helicopters, after releasing them (cancel) they get stuck and don't move anywhere. No matter what I try. I call them again, tell them to go to a position, tell them to regroup, tell them to land, tell them to fly high, no matter what I try, it simply stays in mid air. In the former versions it was possible to force move helicopters and so this problem could be overcome, and as a last resort you could finish the mission. This is now not possible anymore :(

Can you please change this back as it was before?

@Robalo_AS

Enemy A.I. will randomly choose every possible position of a building.

@LJF

I tried setting them to false in all three of each of those files but it didn't seem to work, any idea what I'm doing wrong?

Hmm... It should work like this.

Well i will check it and report back what happend. ;)

@Gunhawk007

Could you please also comment then on the "radio-range" dependent on access to vehicles?

Well yes i can try if i find a way of how this could be done but it's really a bit tricky becouse a loot of conditions have to be checked to get this to work.

Well let's see what i can do.

@Kroky

Yes, but they will not stay there. They will walk in and walk out.

This will be changed in the next version.

Enemy A.I. which had garrison a building will use the combatMode "Gree" which makes them defend their position but not engage. ;)

That's the trick of how keep them inside of a building.

I just realized that since the newest version 1.1.85 it isn't possible to force move units in vehicles...That's bad. I think this is not a good idea.

Okay i will change this back.

@verde13

Has 1.1.85 been uploaded to the six-updater?

I guess no.

@snakedoctor34

how can we caheck or sure about gl4 is initliazed on serverside (only mission based).i am trying it with domi,added codes at the end of the domis init line but i dont see any initiliazed messages ?

The initialize of Group Link 4 need the right timing becouse everything get's initialized step by step and very fast.

This means if you initialize Group Link 4 at the end of the mission Init.sqf then it may could get to some problems becouse too much time has past till the initialize of Group Link 4 was reached.

Make sure to initialize Group Link 4 always at the beginning of the Init.sqf.

@oldy41

What skill and precision values are you recommending to set in the config file when using the GL4 skill system?

Group Link 4 use most "Skill Array" settings made by Zeus A.I.

Guess you have to change them and test by yourself what fits your need.

@twisted

one request - now that you've helped the ai be a force to be reckoned with would you be able to add more expected commands for them in the space bar context menu?

Oh this is something i'm trying to get work since i have created the "Force Move" feature.

I wanted to create some new entry's to that menu ( also the "Force Move" feature should be selected from there ) but so far i could not figure out how to add more options to that menu.

So if someone know's how to do that? Please let me know.

Some new's about the current Group Link 4 W.I.P. version:

Well the last few weeks i was working on the "Enemy A.I. Enhancement" only and have made some really greate improvements.

Some which was requested by the community and some which i have found out.

New systems of the next up comming release.

1. Group Link 4 Defend: ( Module ) Status: Done / Testing

Enemy A.I. groups which was synchronized with the "Group Link 4: Defend" module will use all enemy A.I. Enhancement features but can not requested as reinforcement.

Also they will not hunt their enemy. Defend groups are used to defend their position only.

2. Group Link 4 Location ( Link ) System: Status: W.I.P.

The "Location" system will giva a mission designer the chance to only use enemy A.I. groups with the reinforcement request system which was synchronized ( linked ) to each other.

Example: If you have 5 enemy A.I. groups 2 inside of a town and 3 at some random positions around the town and thouse 5 groups was synchronized with each other then thouse 5 enemy A.I. groups can only request A.I. groups which was synchronized ( linked ) with them.

This makes enemy A.I. only request specific A.I. groups and not all available A.I. groups at the map.

1. Group Link 4 Defend: ( Module ) Status: Done / Testing

2. Group Link 4 Location ( Link ) System: Status: W.I.P.

Sounds awesome, SNKMAN!

Hey, is there anyway to disable the bleeding out and first aid effects?

Sure.

Go to "UserConfig\GL4\GL4_Local.sqf"

Search:

// GL4 Bleeding FX:
   // ==============================================================
   // Choose if the "Bleeding FX" feature should be used.
   // Note: The "Bleeding" feature requires the "Blood FX" feature.
     // GL4_Local set [5, False];

Change it to: ( Remove the "//" in front of the variable GL4_Local )

// GL4 Bleeding FX:
   // Choose if the "Bleeding FX" feature should be used.
   // Note: The "Bleeding" feature requires the "Blood FX" feature.
      GL4_Local set [5, False];

Have a bit similar problem like kroky with a chopper.

i set a chopper with units (allies) inside on the map and give them a couple of waypoints. One of the waypoints is a "unload transport"wp, on a invisible H. Usually it works prefect, the chopper lands, unloads the units and flies to the next point. But when i use GL4 with enemies on the map, the chopper hovers mid air and doesn´t land. After a while, he flies away without unloading, but not to the next wp. When i delete the enemys on the map or switch off Gl4, then it works again. Chopper is not linked with reinforcement or something, he´s just for the atmosphere and has no real relevance. He should simply land.

Greetz

Pit

oh man i like GL4 in combination with Ace2 but why damn when i put a empty vehicle and a soldiers 5 meters from the vehicle (in the missioneditor)then is this soldier always in this vehicle ...is that a bug or what ???:(.I use v.1.1.85

@stephsen

You have to disable the GET IN-feature in the "UserConfig\GL4\GL4_Global.sqf":

Change it from

// 4.) GL4 System Enhancement:

// GL4 Get In:

// Choose if A.I. which is within 10 meters to a empty vehicle should mount the vehicle at mission start.

// Note: This feature was made to overcome the assignment with the "moveInDriver", "moveInGunner" and "moveInCarog" command.

// True / False, default is True

// GL4_Global set [67, False];

into ( Remove the "//" in front of the variable GL4_Global set )

// 4.) GL4 System Enhancement:

// GL4 Get In:

// Choose if A.I. which is within 10 meters to a empty vehicle should mount the vehicle at mission start.

// Note: This feature was made to overcome the assignment with the "moveInDriver", "moveInGunner" and "moveInCarog" command.

// True / False, default is True

GL4_Global set [67, False];

Edited by MadMike[Brig2010]

oh thank you so mike but how can open this sqf.file :confused:

Use any text editor ... like notepad that comes as standard !

Hope this helps.

@SNKMAN

Thank you for taking my suggestions into consideration. Looking forward to the next version. :yay:

Thank very much Mike and Kremator for your help...:)

Can this be used in conjunction with Ace? If so I'm confused because in the GL4 SFXE readme for the installation it says:

"Copy the "@GL4" folder into your Armed Assault 2 root directory.

Drag the "UserConfig" folder from "@GL4\UserConfig" in your Armed Assault 2 root directory."

I already have a "Userconfig" folder in my Arma 2 root folder at this address:

C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\userconfig\ace

When I try to drag the GL4 user config to

C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2

Of course windows prompts that there is a folder with same name etc.

Am I dragging it to the wrong location or am I supposed to overwrite the existing folder?

Sorry for the completely rookie, premature newbie question and this may have already been asked and answered but this thread is 140 pages long with over 1,300 posts... I did do couple of searches but nothing obvious comes up. Thanks for the help if available.

Yes it will be fine. Once the folders are merged you should see 2 folders in the Userconfig -Ace and GL4.

@SeaVee

Yes if the "UserConfig" folder already exist then you need to copy the "GL4" folder from "UserConfig\GL4" into your already existing "UserConfig\" folder.

I'm not sure if it will merged the folders... :confused:

Simply try it there is nothing you can destroy.

In the worst case re-download and copy/past it manually.

Hey, SNK, anyway to disable to Blood Functions and not the Blood FX?

Yes and i already answered this 1 page back. :)

Anyway here you go again: Bleeding FX