Sign in to follow this  
snkman

Group Link 4 Special FX Edition

Do you use the "Script/Mission Based" initialize?  

69 members have voted

1. 1. Do you use the "Script/Mission Based" initialize?

• Yes
    • No
    • Sometimes

sry guys can anyone help me how to get GL4 running on my Dedi Server ?

I uploaded it on the dedi server and it runs on command line after ACE mods

I tried everything enabled CBA initilation or i tried to add the system modul etccc... and when i play on Dedi server a mission with it it wont work.

Also any way i can disable the player marker client side on my missions so they dont see positions ?

still cant get it to work : (

Hmm

doesnt work maybe i need to execute it differently ?

One more thing how to force it that in the mission the own player marker gets disabled ?

// GL4 Player Map Marker:

// ==============================================================

// Choose if a player should use/get a map marker.

// True / False, default is True

(GL4_Local select 0) set [0, False];

Thats Client side but i want to force it off in the mission so no one can see his own position

@tobmic

One more thing how to force it that in the mission the own player marker gets disabled ?

Check this post from SNKMAN early on in the thread.

Hope it helps :)

@tobmic

Check this post from SNKMAN early on in the thread.

Hope it helps :)

damn who are you :-) you just saved my life !!! cheers thanks Gnome !

---------- Post added at 10:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:25 PM ----------

for some strange reason i still dont get it to work on dedi server : (

for some strange reason i still dont get it to work on dedi server

Not exactly sure what your situation is and I'm a little short on time atm. If you really want to, send me a PM with specifics. What all you've done, whats not happening, yada, yada ... I'm sure we can sort it out.

Regards,

Gnome

@Gnome

Really strange. After updating to 1.77 it´s the same problem as tobmic.

GL4 is loaded on dedicated server and client. If i start the mission GL4 is not initialised - but when i hit the RESTART button at the second start it is initalised - but only for me not for other clients.

This is my init.sqf:

//diag_log "################################## THE JOB by MadMike [48th] ##################################";

//Initialise revive script (this next line is needed for revive script)

execVM "revive_init.sqf";

setViewDistance 2500;

setterraingrid 50;

"Mawimbela" setMarkerAlphaLocal 0;

"Ursana" setMarkerAlphaLocal 0;

"Kirabo" setMarkerAlphaLocal 0;

if (isServer) then {

X_fnc_arrayPush = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "x_scripts\x_funcs\x_arrayPush.sqf";

X_fnc_arrayPushStack = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "x_scripts\x_funcs\x_arrayPushStack.sqf";

};

X_INIT = false;

X_Server = false; X_Client = false; X_JIP = false;X_SPE = false;

X_MP = isMultiplayer;

if (isServer) then {

X_Server = true;

if (!(isNull player)) then {X_Client = true;X_SPE = true;};

X_INIT = true;

} else {

X_Client = true;

if (isNull player) then {

X_JIP = true;

[] spawn {waitUntil {!(isNull player)};X_INIT = true};

} else {

X_INIT = true;

};

};

if (X_Client) then {

[] spawn {

waitUntil {!isNull player};

execVM "tasks_fix.sqf";

};

};

//GL4-Settings for all Clients

waitUntil { !(isNil "GL4_Global") };

call compile preProcessFile "GL4_Settings\GL4_Global.sqf";

waitUntil { !(isNil "GL4_Local") };

call compile preProcessFile "GL4_Settings\GL4_Local.sqf";

waitUntil { !(isNil "GL4_Random") };

call compile preProcessFile "GL4_Settings\GL4_Random.sqf";

waitUntil { !(isNil "GL4_Core") };

call compile preProcessFile "GL4_Settings\GL4_Core.sqf";

waitUntil { !(isNil "GL4_High_Command") };

call compile preProcessFile "GL4_Settings\GL4_High_Command.sqf";

if (isServer) then {

execVM "x_scripts\x_serverinit.sqf";

};

if (true) exitWith {};

By the way:

1. I use the module-initialisation. I tried CBA-init also but it didn´t work either.

2. Yes, there is a directory called GL4_Settings with all copied files of the userconfig/GL4-directory.

3. Here the mods-order of the server (@CBA;@ACE;@ACEX;@ACEX_PLA;@GL4;@USAR;@AU;@INF) and the client (@CBA;@ACE;@ACEX;@ACEX_PLA;@GL4;@USAR;@AU;@INF).

Maybe someone can help me and tobmic? :(

Edited by MadMike[Brig2010]

We run it on our dedicated server with CBA initialisation without any issues. Do you have the userconfig/GL4 directory on your server? I'm at work right now, so I don't have access to our config files. I do know I didn't have to add anything to the init file of our missions.

~S~

WH_Boomer

@WH Boomer

The dedicated server is executed by the arma2server.exe on my pc. So server and client are running on the same pc. So the server uses the same mod- and userconfig-folders as the client.

Maybe i had to copy the userconfig\GL4-folder into the @GL4-folder (because userconfig-directory isnt loaded seperately by the server)? But the ace2-mod (which uses userconfig-directory too) is executed fine without the userconfig-folder-files copied into the @ace-folder. So i think GL4 must work this way, too.

Edited by MadMike[Brig2010]

Hi Snakeman,

great addon.

However I do have difficulties or at least an understanding problem with the HQ Reinforcement/HQ Helicopter feature.

If use this on both sides, it does not function i.e. own group of helis and enemy group of helis. I have tried to add two HC Helicopter modules synking them individually to own/enemy side, but the enemy will not call them up.

Curiously I got also two menu items and I believe that i.e. Opfor can call in enemy as support, which doesn't make sense.

Maybe I have a problem of understanding on my side.

But great addon so far!

Cheers Gunhawk

@MadMike

Sorry, got the PM before reading the posts here. Found those answers :)

I'm honestly not sure right off about what is causing your issues exactly. I question whats required in your client/host scenario. When I run that way, I actually execute 2 seperate installs and I have not had this problem. (one install is my client, and the other is setup just like one of my "remote" dedicateds.) (which is just like my client, less some mod specific things) Don't know if it really matters, but that works for me.

One thing I highly suggest to anyone changing settings via mission inclusion, it is simply put everything GL4 at the top of your init.sqf. There can be issues with timing/initialization and things. Might change in the future, but for now, at the top with GL4 entries. ;)

Hoping thats the real issue. Is this specific to one mission?

Gnome

HC features work on enemy AI? I didn't know that :p

Edited by Gnome_AS

@MadMike

HC features work on enemy AI? I didn't know that :p

Yes, I simply put an enemy sniper on top of hill besides Utes airbase sync it with HC Helicopter module connected to two AH1 helis and put a couple of opfortroups and tanks on runway and played as one of their soldiers. As soon as the sniper spotted the enemy forces on runway, he called the choppers and boom (very impressing)

Gunhawk

Hey guy's,

thank you very much for all the feedback it's really nice to see that you are trying to help each other.

Okay here are some answers which are important i guess.

@esco7800

can I use morters with the HC Request Artillery? it seems not to work with morters

Yes that's true. So far only D30 and/or M119 are supported by the Artillery features.

@tobmic

sry guys can anyone help me how to get GL4 running on my Dedi Server ?

Well what exactly do not work on a Dedicated server?

I always make tests with dedicated servers and so far it always works.

There are several ways of how to check if things was initialized correctly.

To see if the "Special FX" was initialized correctly simply shoot in your feet's ( right in front of you ) if blood is spreading then the "Special FX" are initialized correctly.

The "Enemy A.I. Enhancement" can be checked by using the "Marker Debug".

If enemy A.I. got markers at the map after a mission was started then the "Enemy A.I. Enhancement" was initialized correctly.

The "Player / Friendly A.I. Enhancement" can be checked if friendly A.I. which is leaded by A.I. got the "Recruit" action.

Don't think that things do not work only becouse the "Initialize" messages are not displayed becouse they was not made to work in multiplayer and/or on a dedicated server in the first place.

@TomyLee33

Well, what about what we were talking about last week in page 117?

There are many things you have to change.

I already changed it and it will be available in the next version.

@MadMike.48th

Really strange. After updating to 1.77 it´s the same problem as tobmic.

Yeah well may this has something to do with the initialize option of "GL4_Core.sqf" which force Group Link 4 users to strictly choose one way of initializing.

I already have found a way to keep the setting and let Group Link 4 initialize how it was choosen in the mission.

So Group Link 4 will wait a few seconds if a "Group Link 4: System" module was detected and if not it will be initialized by the default way.

@Gunhawk007

Using HC Helicopter/HC Reinforcement on both sides

All "H.C." features are made for players and friendly A.I. only!

Do not use them on enemy A.I. becouse this will not work.

Please have a look at the example missions which came with Group Link 4.

@Gnome

I'm honestly not sure right off about what is causing your issues exactly. I question whats required in your client/host scenario. When I run that way, I actually execute 2 seperate installs and I have not had this problem. (one install is my client, and the other is setup just like one of my "remote" dedicateds.) (which is just like my client, less some mod specific things) Don't know if it really matters, but that works for me.

One thing I highly suggest to anyone changing settings via mission inclusion, it is simply put everything GL4 at the top of your init.sqf. There can be issues with timing/initialization and things. Might change in the future, but for now, at the top with GL4 entries.

Thanks. Yes that's all totally right. ;)

Hey guy's,

All "H.C." features are made for players and friendly A.I. only!

Do not use them on enemy A.I. becouse this will not work.

Please have a look at the example missions which came with Group Link 4.

Ups - I thought it would cause putting sniper on hill near airport connected to HC Heli Support connect to 2 Choppers far apart causes the sniper to call for reinforce as soon it detects my side playing the enemy on runway.

So if this is not working that way - what would be the appropirate method to put some groups waiting for reinforcements on a map so that they would be called in by enemy AI?

Thanks in advance for clarification on this

Gunhawk

So if this is not working that way - what would be the appropirate method to put some groups waiting for reinforcements on a map so that they would be called in by enemy AI?

That's the main target of Group Link 4.

Enemy A.I. which had spotted a enemy / player / unit of a player group will automatically request reinforcement.

The "H.C. Reinforcement" feature was made to giva a player the chance to request A.I. friendly to the player as reinforcement.

GL4 finally works on the server i named it wrong in the command line : (

Oh :D

Okay thanks for letting me know. This will save my time to re-check the initialize of Group Link 4. ;)

One last thing when i start the server from gamepanel and run a mission GL4 runs fine but when i restart a map Gl4 wont work anymore until i completly shutdown the server and restart it.

Any idea to that ?

GL4 finally works on the server i named it wrong in the command line

Excellent news :D

Bet that doesn't happen again eh :p

yeah and for some strange reason it doesnt want to work now but worked 20 minutes ago : ( .... damn im so unlucky now

@tobmic

Guess that's the "Restart" bug which we have to fight with since O.F.P.

I always close the mission and then start it from the player select screen again.

Sometimes if you use the "#restart" parameter things will not be initialized correctly becouse of what ever reason... Don't ask me. :)

yeah and for some strange reason it doesnt want to work now but worked 20 minutes ago

Don't worry. ;)

Take a deep breath and check everything again. If it works once then it will work for ever.

I'm pretty sure there is something you simply haven't noticed or something you have changed but forget about that you had changed it.

This sometimes happend to me too. :)

Edited by SNKMAN

i let you know in a couple of minutes :- )

---------- Post added at 09:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:27 PM ----------

okay it works now again great :- )

but what bothers me is that i can see my own marker on the map

i put this in the init.sqf on top

sleep 0.1;

call compile preProcessFile "GL4\GL4_Global.sqf";

sleep 0.1;

call compile preProcessFile "GL4\GL4_Local.sqf";

sleep 0.1;

call compile preProcessFile "GL4\GL4_Core.sqf";

I dont know if i need to have sleep between there : (

and in the mission folder GL4 local settings i have that

// GL4 Player Map Marker:

// ==============================================================

// Choose if a player should use/get a map marker.

// True / False, default is True

(GL4_Local select 0) set [0, False];

---------- Post added at 09:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:41 PM ----------

also when i use ACE mod with ACE wounding system and ACE Revive i sometimes dont get the revive timer because i instant died from a bullet or whatever ... is there somewhere i can turn off in local settings from GL4 that i can use the revive feature all the time ?

okay it works now again great :- )

There you go. ;)

but what bothers me is that i can see my own marker on the map

Yeah using the mission ( Init.sqf ) methode to overwrite settings sometimes can be a bit tricky becouse the initialize of Group Link 4 is really fast to make sure everything will be initialized bevore the player is in the mission else things would be initialized after you are in the mission and then you will have a short delay becouse the engine is busy and will lock up the game till everything is done.

I just tested it myself and by removing the "sleep 0.1" it works just like it should.

So simply use:

call compile preProcessFile "GL4\GL4_Global.sqf";

call compile preProcessFile "GL4\GL4_Local.sqf";

call compile preProcessFile "GL4\GL4_Core.sqf"; 

and it should work fine. ;)

@TomyLee33

There are many things you have to change.

I already changed it and it will be available in the next version.

Nice to read this SNKMAN :)

When do u think will you release the next version?